• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

kunonabi

They said the reversible cover was a reprint of the original GB art, right? That should look nice, especially after the nice work they did with the reversible cover in the Echoes LE.

Did they? I've been wondering what it was going to be. I'd be very happy with that.

Really hope they open soon the preorders.
Amazon.es has the game for 60 euros, there no 3ds game for that price in Spain, so maybe it the legendary edition in disguise. Preordered if thats the case, and will cancel it when we discover is a fuck up by amazon probably.

At least it's only on the outer box now. Neither BOTW or Fire Emblem Echoes special editions had the age rating plastered all over the front of the actual game case.

Nice!!!
Didnt actually know about this!

Are you FUCKING kidding me NoA??? Jesus Christ.

NoA: "Hey you know what would make sense? Not producing the Special Edition for Metroids biggest market by far."

Mr Swine

Banned
Preordered here in Sweden on webhallen. I really hope I get it! It's very pricey though but hey, it's freaking Metroid!

kirby_fox

Banned
There's so little in the American special edition that it could be standard and no one would notice.

This though... this is nice.

Plum

Fuck. I just realized this is going to probably be GAME exclusive here in the UK. Not sure whether dealing with them is going to be worth it for this.

stalker

Really hope they open soon the preorders.
Amazon.es has the game for 60 euros, there no 3ds game for that price in Spain, so maybe it the legendary edition in disguise. Preordered if thats the case, and will cancel it when we discover is a fuck up by amazon probably.

Nice!!!
Didnt actually know about this!

I did the same but have zero confidence. They have the Mario&Luigi remake for the same price. Both look like placeholder prices for the standard editions.

Syriel

The special edition was previously announced, but only now Nintendo of Europe shared pictures.

dc8okkgxoaamguqccui7.jpg

http://www.nintenderos.com/2017/06/...s-titulos-que-estan-de-camino-a-nintendo-3ds/

The special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns includes:
- a physical version of the game (the cover will not have any rating)
- a download code for the original Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop
- a SteelBook®
- a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise
- a gold “S” pin badge
- a Morph Ball 3D keyring
- a 40-page artbook

Release date: September 15, 2017

Boxart of the normal edition:

Wipeout Omega

Metroid: Samus Returns

Why does Europe get all the cool stuff, while US customers get plain offerings?

Jealous of that side of the pond.

TheMoon

There is a pre-order for Samus Returns available www.amazon.de. No images yet but the price is 69,99 and that can only mean one thing imo... the SE

My zero suit is ready... ordered

We've been over this in every thread. It's not. It's the regular edition and a placeholder price. AmazonUK went through the exacat same thing. You cannot order the SE anywhere.

Did they? I've been wondering what it was going to be. I'd be very happy with that.

No they didn't. You can see the reversible cover on that NA promo image. You've been looking at it the whole time.

It's INSPIRED by the OG GB art. Samus' pose. That is it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

BcBpkeD.gif

Please.

As recent as Breath of the Wild the Americas had a better offering. It completely varies on a game by game basis.

I love it when Europe gets one, just one, decent offering, the world is suddenly unfair. Honestly, if you think the way NoA is handling things today is bad, most of you would have committed sodoku during the GameCube years if you lived in Europe.

13ruce

Banned
BcBpkeD.gif

Please.

As recent as Breath of the Wild the Americas had a better offering. It completely varies on a game by game basis.

I love it when Europe gets one, just one, decent offering, the world is suddenly unfair. Honestly, if you think the way NoA is handling things today is bad, most of you would have committed sodoku during the GameCube years if you lived in Europe.

Yup games releasing months sometimes years later. It was insane.

Wipeout Omega

Metroid: Samus Returns

Jealous of that side of the pond.

Its pay back for 25 years of bad PAL conversions, 12 month waits from the US, games never coming out, games running slower, looking worse, and so on.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've been out of the physical game for a while, and frankly don't much care for special editions.

But that pin and keychain are fab. And I normally despise steelbooks and prefer regular cases, but that one is classy as hell.

TheMoon

"You can see the reversible cover on that NA promo image."

Where?

v0MEfWo.png

No ratings icon = reversible cover.

Unless I completely missed something and they said it's the actual GB art and they've chosen not to picture that at all up until now.

For comparison, Fire Emblem Echoes LE still hast the T-rating on the case's main box art.

Shiggy

No ratings icon = reversible cover.

Unless I completely missed something and they said it's the actual GB art and they've chosen not to picture that at all up until now.

For comparison, Fire Emblem Echoes LE still hast the T-rating on the case's main box art.

Ah didn't see. Could explain why they haven't really shown what the other side looks like.

That's right, so why not eh? I'm gonna order and with the push of one button it's cancelled. I don't wanna miss out.

With the price adjusted now, you can cancel it now lol

Fuck. I just realized this is going to probably be GAME exclusive here in the UK. Not sure whether dealing with them is going to be worth it for this.

GAME and Nintendo store more likely. I think that was what they did for Majora's Mask LE.

Both will be priced high compared to if Amazon or whoever got it. Fuck GAME and their exclusive tax. I remember when Mass Effect 3 N7 edition was exclusive, then it wasn't exclusive anymore and it was £10-20 cheaper everywhere else.

JordanKZ

BcBpkeD.gif

Please.

Fucking bingo. So Europe have been shafted for decades: Games never releasing here or not coming out for months, or even years, was common place.

Top Bottom