• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn between this and the SNES classic I am beginning to resent the amount of time I am having to put into this.

Is there a good reason why this sort of thing can't just happen at a pre-advertised time instead of having to constantly lurk on the internet?

nope. Amazon.de actually did this for PSVR. they told everyone when it would be open for pre-order and it went fine.

Goddamn between this and the SNES classic I am beginning to resent the amount of time I am having to put into this.

Is there a good reason why this sort of thing can't just happen at a pre-advertised time instead of having to constantly lurk on the internet?

Yep. I'm also really beginning to get tired of this bs. I have missed many Nintendo limited editions because of this. I don't have the time and means to constantly wait for some preorder to open. And then if you are not there in the first hour (or sooner!), you are out of luck. The only reason I manage to usually get them is because of forums like this and friendly posters who notify others. Luckily I did manage to secure a preorder for the Snes classic, but I have a bad feeling about Metroid.

A bunch of retailers, a set time, a straight fight, one per customer, any retailer only serves addresses within its own country.

You may not get one but at least you won;t have spent hours trying and they won't all be going to scalpers.

IbukiLordSA

Paid for my pre-order for the special edition this morning. Don't even have a 3DS :) will pick up the New 2DS when this comes out, going to be a long 2 and a half months.

It really ins't worth it. You're pissing in the wind against lots of people with the time and money that wait for things like this purely to make more money.

Nintendo doesn't help by limiting the number of these games and systems in the first place.

Fucking boggles my mind especially when they put out announcements saying they're only going to make a certain amount. It'll sell out anyway, so why create panic before hand? Why only create a certain amount anyway? Is the markup that bad? Were lessons not learnt from the last few times?

Macka

Australia isn't getting any Limited Edition, so hopefully I can import from somewhere.

Amazon UK won't even ship the regular game here though. Fucking hell.

NaviLink

I'm so tired of Nintendo not producing more than 2 copies of this crap, and not announcing a date and time for the opening of preorders. And also not limiting this to 1 copy per customer. It's fucking amateurish.

I want. Why NOA, why do you suck so much.

That Morph Ball 3D keyring and steelbook. I might try to import even (if price is right, which it won't be; sadness).

ZombAid82

I'm so tired of Nintendo not producing more than 2 copies of this crap, and not announcing a date and time for the opening of preorders. And also not limiting this to 1 copy per customer. It's fucking amateurish.

Mostly Amazon's fault on the end of pre-order, but Nintendo's for not producing nearly enough of their limited Goods...
At least they really are limited ;-)

eltercero

In Spain it lasted a couple of minutes in both fnac and amazon. It was kind of crazy, it's been a while since I last saw something sold out that fast. There must be very limited units.

Good luck everyone!

Giga Man

Good Lord! If I was a Metroid fan, I'd be shitting bricks and cursing NOA to high heavens! That pin and keychain are dope. That steelbook is genius. The cover art of the game's physical case has no rating in the special edition... Lord have mercy!

Good Lord! If I was a Metroid fan

Wait, you're not a Metroid fan?

giphy.gif

:)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
If there were at least one information, whether the pre-orders will start today.

I asked amazonhelp.

"Aktuell haben wir leider noch keine Infos dazu. Halte einfach weiter die Augen auf unserer Website offen ;) ^MS"

fuck. lol

"right now we don't have an information about that. just keep a look at our website"

Boom - bought Metroid Amiibo and the game. Thank god for that.
If anyone is struggling type UN in the list to bring up united kingdom. I'm sure it isn't in the list if you scroll through it but maybe I'm being stupid.

Top Bottom