• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

Qvoth

so i just got a mail saying i got in the 1 week closed beta

does this game have any gameplay at all (like fighting monsters) as of this point or it's all just building stuff now?

Morokh

Not sure from how deep I'll be bumping this thread, or if it's even the right one, but I have a few questions I can't seem to find an answer to.

I followed this thread a bit last year and it really piqued my interest.

Now that I've seen Landmark on Steam, I don't understand if it is supposed to be a completely separate piece of software from the Everquest Next MMO or if it is just the module they throw out as an early access thing.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Now that I've seen Landmark on Steam, I don't understand if it is supposed to be a completely separate piece of software from the Everquest Next MMO or if it is just the module they throw out as an early access thing.

Landmark and EQ Next are two different games.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend paying to get into Landmark. I actually wound up getting a refund back when that was offered (had the Trailblazer pack) because it just seemed so silly for none of the contribution to carry over into EQN. I'm interested, but not *that* interested. Too much other stuff going on to put time into trying to build something people might want to purchase the pattern for.

JesseZao

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend paying to get into Landmark. I actually wound up getting a refund back when that was offered (had the Trailblazer pack) because it just seemed so silly for none of the contribution to carry over into EQN. I'm interested, but not *that* interested. Too much other stuff going on to put time into trying to build something people might want to purchase the pattern for.

Exactly. It's pay to beta test. Probably the worst example of "founder packs" I've seen. Usually f2ps give you, at minimum, cash equivalent in-game currency plus other goods.

Firehead

bloop. Thread doesn't seem to be as active as is was.

Had a question, which would be more beneficial/better use of "Station cash", 20 Large Pockets for inventory or the deluxe starter kit, with the feather in a bottle? I have 2500 in station cash sitting on my account, so I figured I might as well get something on here with it.

Top Bottom