• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

one non-condor question...(very likely a silly one, but I gotta learn)

what does "shots on the green are unaffected by wind" mean??

the green is the area with the hole, right? does it mean putting isn't affected by wind?

oh ok, thanks a lot. I'll take notice of this.

by the way, your earlier post:

I... don't follow.. not sure what those numbers mean.

would you happen to know, at this very moment where should I go to to get gems? I think I'll understand once I get it going.

Yes, it means putting is unafffected by wind. As for the second question, the numbers are the hole numbers. I don't have the game yet so here's a Google doc that should help you determine which hole the gems are on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VQOXtDIyrVvew4_gc3X11zs-lJIqBarYwAMaDzMpLDY/edit#gid=0

krae_man

by the way, your earlier post:

I... don't follow.. not sure what those numbers mean.

would you happen to know, at this very moment where should I go to to get gems? I think I'll understand once I get it going.

I haven't gem hunted in a couple of days.

Look at what hole the gems are on at Eagle City Out.

If for example it's 2, the back 9 hole will be 12.

then for Alpine the next course the holes with the gems will be 4 and 14.

Next course will be holes 6 and 16. It's a pretty simple pattern.

sphinx

the piano man
Yes, it means putting is unafffected by wind. As for the second question, the numbers are the hole numbers. I don't have the game yet so here's a Google doc that should help you determine which hole the gems are on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VQOXtDIyrVvew4_gc3X11zs-lJIqBarYwAMaDzMpLDY/edit#gid=0

I haven't gem hunted in a couple of days.

Look at what hole the gems are on at Eagle City Out.

If for example it's 2, the back 9 hole will be 12.

then for Alpine the next course the holes with the gems will be 4 and 14.

Next course will be holes 6 and 16. It's a pretty simple pattern.

how can I know what hole has gems in eagle city out??

them per your example, if it were for example 2, then after getting the gems, I would have to go out of that online course, back to Eagle City Out and in hole 12 there would be gems. right?

krae_man

how can I know what hole has gems in eagle city out??

them per your example, if it were for example 2, then after getting the gems, I would have to go out of that online course, back to Eagle City Out and in hole 12 there would be gems. right?

You have to find them the old fashioned way. After you collect one coin/gem/item, it will tell you which old they are connected to at the top of the screen. it will say the whole # and "Found" up at the top. Once you've collected all the items on a hole found will change to "all".

As far as I know, there's only ever 2 gem items per hole so If you find both of those, you can quit out and go to the next hole without collecting every coin/item unless you want them too.

sphinx

the piano man
You have to find them the old fashioned way(or read the doc, it says it's hole 3 today). After you collect one coin/gem/item, it will tell you which old they are connected to at the top of the screen. it will say the whole # and "Found" up at the top. Once you've collected all the items on a hole found will change to "all".

As far as I know, there's only ever 2 gem items per hole so If you find both of those, you can quit out and go to the next hole without collecting every coin/item unless you want them too.

I just did hole 1 through 9 and only got 30 coins on each hole.

then I went to do other holes including hole 3 like you said and I got nothing..

the doc started with hole 5 though, so I went there and got nothing....

the flag says "5 found"..

I really wished I could understand what this game wants from me

edit: I just got 2 gems from walking around getting coins,but that seemed unrelated to the holes themselves...

krae_man

I just did hole 1 through 9 and only got 30 coins on each hole.

then I went to do other holes including hole 3 like you said and I got nothing..

the doc started with hole 5 though, so I went there and got nothing....

the flag says "5 found"..

I really wished I could understand what this game wants from me

edit: I just got 2 gems from walking around getting coins,but that seemed unrelated to the holes themselves...

5 Found means all the stuff on the ground is around hole 5. So look there.

sphinx

the piano man
Ok more questions...

.- how many gems are we talking about for a Custom club with a 355 drive? yesterday I upgraded 3 times and the guy gave me several levels per upgrade, so that I am at level 7 with 3 upgrades, I am not sure if it goes exponential (next time 4 levels, then 5 and so on) or if it's just random.

.- who is character # 6 in the list of people in the encyclopedia? to the right of the custom club guy

.- Revenge VS characters. when in the day should I look if a new one appeared? yesterday 10 minutes before 2:00 AM the game told me in ten minutes the settings would reset and a ceremony-like music started to play. After that reset, is it the time to check for online course gems, VS character again?

5 Found means all the stuff on the ground is around hole 5. So look there.

thanks a lot, I finally figured out I wasn't supposed to do birdies or better to get prizes on those holes, I was meant to run around until coins started to spawn and then follow the trail until 1 or 2 gems appear.

krae_man

Ok more questions...

.- how many gems are we talking about for a Custom club with a 355 drive? yesterday I upgraded 3 times and the guy gave me several levels per upgrade, so that I am at level 7 with 3 upgrades, I am not sure if it goes exponential (next time 4 levels, then 5 and so on) or if it's just random.

.- who is character # 6 in the list of people in the encyclopedia? to the right of the custom club guy

.- Revenge VS characters. when in the day should I look if a new one appeared? yesterday 10 minutes before 2:00 AM the game told me in ten minutes the settings would reset and a ceremony-like music started to play. After that reset, is it the time to check for online course gems, VS character again?

10 gems per level up. you can level up the club 11 times. 10 from the first guy, the 11th from his brother by the beach. He doesn't appear until you have got one club to level 10 so don't worry about him not being there yet. He's probably the guy missing from your character list too. Each upgrade adds 1-3 levels to your club. If you have 7 power from 3 upgrades you're doing good. You're going to need 16 in power to get to that distance.

Revenge vs spawn at 8pm EDT. You might need to quit the game and reload it to get them to appear. The appearing doesn't always work well with sleep mode. I also think Secret VS characters might take the spot for the day if you unlock one of them. Not 100% on that one though.

sphinx

the piano man
Ok I got a custom club with 356 yards

I just went to investigate hole 12 alpine course, since it's in official mode right now.

is there any way to improve the odds of the lucky bounce?

.all things said....

everything seems COMPLETELY random, with odds of 1 in 100 or so for it to land in the vicinity, let alone get in the hole... not looking forward to getting 3 of these.

krae_man

Ok I got a custom club with 356 yards

I just went to investigate hole 12 alpine course, since it's in official mode right now.

is there any way to improve the odds of the lucky bounce?

.all things said....

everything seems COMPLETELY random, with odds of 1 in 100 or so for it to land in the vicinity, let alone get in the hole... not looking forward to getting 3 of these.

Couple of things,

1) it needs to be regular tee. You need some extra distance to make it from the long or championship tees.

2) Use a triple precision ball(you'll get one as a prize from high level tournaments eventually and occasionally from fishing the super rare fish). It won't wear out doing single holes and that triples the perfect impact zone. Aim just to the right of the chimney of the hut(assuming zero wind) and do super topspin. That should get you in the ballpark and easily give you some makable putts and chips for Albatross(one Vs character is 5 Albatrosses). Make adjustments based on wind and what your previous shot did and with some luck it won't take you too long.

3) Also use the upper left or bottom left corner of the tee box. That ensures you are teeing off from the exact same spot which will help with adjustments. Also it keeps the trees out of the way.

sphinx

the piano man
first of all, thanks a lot for your help :)

on to the topic:

I just spent... hours maybe? trying different things, I use the house as reference to know where I've tried.

I think my club must be missing something, I see other people getting very very near the hole, with the ball rolling past the hole .After my ball bounces off the water, it just loses all power and stays in the area around the fringe. Is that normal?

one thing I noticed is that doing any of the special shots seems to guarantee that it will bounce off the water, so that's good.

only once (a missed shot acutally) the ball went rolling just to the side of the hole, all other shots not really very near.

it sucks that I have to wait for the fisher VS character to appear (and hopefully win) before doing more stuff and getting the triple precision ball. I'll continue doing tournaments I guess

EDIT: I forgot what power level I am at, I think it's 18, I have 0 levels on all other categories.

krae_man

One of two things are probably happening.

1) You're not getting perfect impact. You need perfect impact for it to work

2) are you doing super topspin(Holding down when selecting power, then holding up when doing the impact press)?

3) if the wind was strong and in your face today that might not be enough distance.

sphinx

the piano man
One of two things are probably happening.

1) You're not getting perfect impact. You need perfect impact for it to work

2) are you doing super topspin(Holding down when selecting power, then holding up when doing the impact press)?

3) if the wind was strong and in your face today that might not be enough distance.

I think this is the problem, no I wasn't doing that one.

See, I just saw several youtube videos of people getting the condor and one difference I noticed is that today there was a tree just exactly were you need to send the ball, I don't see that tree in the videos.

most of us were using sidespin to evade the tree, but that takes some power, I think.

krae_man

If the trees were in the way, it was probably long tees.

In that case you need some extra distance probably 20 more yards and need to use sidespin and and topspin at the same time.

sphinx

the piano man
mmh I can't remember anymore but I think it was normal tees, the tree just happened to be there yesterday.

If the trees were in the way, it was probably long tees.

In that case you need some extra distance probably 20 more yards and need to use sidespin and and topspin at the same time.

how does that work?

pressing down+right for power and then up+left for impact?

Intel_89

Do you need PS+ to play it? From what I've read it seems there's a bigger focus on the online but I couldn't figure out if it was always online or not.

krae_man

Do you need PS+ to play it? From what I've read it seems there's a bigger focus on the online but I couldn't figure out if it was always online or not.

No, it's not online only. You can play completely online. Some of the online stuff also doesn't require plus.

mmh I can't remember anymore but I think it was normal tees, the tree just happened to be there yesterday.

how does that work?

pressing down+right for power and then up+left for impact?

Yep.

sphinx

the piano man
I got my first condor....

but it was unofficial -_-

yeah it had the tornado cups BUT it went straight into it, it would have gone in on a normal cup

secret was to place the blue arrow exactly at the middle of the left bench in the hut.

oh well let's wait till the make it official game.

damn shame I didn't consider super topspin yesterday.

EDIT:

is there a way to know how many official tournaments have I done so far??

krae_man

Each level will tell you which tournament you are on.

It will say rank 1 tournament 12 or something like that.

So just add up every rank(subtracting 1 each time).

sphinx

the piano man
Each level will tell you which tournament you are on.

It will say rank 1 tournament 12 or something like that.

So just add up every rank(subtracting 1 each time).

good idea but it doesn't seem to differentiate between official and unofficial....

I've done 154 tournaments counting both

EDIT: Strange, to unlock the secret character, 120 tournaments are needed... I don't think I've done 34 unofficial tournaments, I've been avoiding them ever since the beginning, I don't think 've done more than 10.

also, I've lost official tournaments maybe once or twice.

krae_man

good idea but it doesn't seem to differentiate between official and unofficial....

I've done 154 tournaments counting both

EDIT: Strange, to unlock the secret character, 120 tournaments are needed... I don't think I've done 34 unofficial tournaments, I've been avoiding them ever since the beginning, I don't think 've done more than 10.

also, I've lost official tournaments maybe once or twice.

It doesn't matter official or not, they have to be single player. Anything you do online doesn't count.

sphinx

the piano man
It doesn't matter official or not, they have to be single player. Anything you do online doesn't count.

....then I am more confused, I've barely played the online portion. I've gone there exclusively to fish, farm gems and investigate the albatross/Condor thing.

154 tournaments, maybe my math is wrong?? will check again.

EDIT: Lol, huge facepalm... I already had unlocked and beaten Hikari, the VS character that appears for completing 120 tournaments

damn, I am running out of things to do here....

I am missing

.- the one-per-day revenge characters
.- rare fishes
.- 3 condors (and the two last secret characters that get unlocked)
.- 34 NPCs from the Rank 7

Is there a better way to get gems? Playing offline top level on serious mode nets me 2 gems per 18 hole tourney. Feels like a lot of grinding to spec up custom clubs.

krae_man

Is there a better way to get gems? Playing offline top level on serious mode nets me 2 gems per 18 hole tourney. Feels like a lot of grinding to spec up custom clubs.

I've got 5 before winning a tournament.

You can also get them from fist, and online courses.

There's usually 2 gem locations per 9 hole course and they will give you 1 or 2 gems each. You can get 25-30/day that way.

sphinx

the piano man
one girl just did a condor on Kanaloa Beach Hole 17.

I reaaaally would like to know what power level her custom club has,

I am at 374 and can't reach the green, just the area around it.

mike6467

Am I missing something, or is there a way to go directly between open courses without having to jump back to the home area in between? That's a non-trivial load time for me and it's really pretty obnoxious when trying to get gems, so I'm hoping I'm just being dumb and missed it.

Am I missing something, or is there a way to go directly between open courses without having to jump back to the home area in between? That's a non-trivial load time for me and it's really pretty obnoxious when trying to get gems, so I'm hoping I'm just being dumb and missed it.

You're not missing anything, those loads are called "phone time"

dracula_x

Halloween-themed skins – https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/5789/20171010-newmingol.html

20171010-newmingol-02.png

20171010-newmingol-03.png

20171010-newmingol-04.png

Spacedeck

Neo Member
Only in JP? I let someone borrow my copy of EG while I waited for tournaments to come out. I'll probably end up missing these if they are released for EU also.

sphinx

the piano man
today alpina out is official so I am going for the condors.. but after 3 successful condors in unofficial tournaments, I can't figure out how to do it this time.

wind is betweem 0.0 and 3.0, and it's the long tee so that fucking tree is right in the path.

I press down-right for power and up-left for impact and I've come reasonably close but I can't figure out the exact point I should aim at.

to much to the left, it's "snap" from the cabin or "rattle" from the tree left of the cabin, to much to the right, the ball does reach the green but it's far too much to the right.

I have 364 yards, but sometimes I try with pressing O on impact to reduce distance, which brings me to 360 I think. is that too much energy still?

anything I am clearly doing wrong? maybe I should try just down + up?

I like that the Halloween items are only 500 coins each, opposed to the regular shop items selling for 3,000.

How is a witch dress only 500, but a t-shirt or pair of socks are 3000?

hort22

I like that the Halloween items are only 500 coins each, opposed to the regular shop items selling for 3,000.

the higher priced items are last months shop stuff...i think the tab at the top says this, so they must be charging for more "rare" apparel since it was only on sale last month...or something like that.

sphinx

the piano man
I just want to announce that I got my 3 official condors in less than 3 hours, anyone wanting to go for them try doing the following, you still have some hours:

this applies for long Tee and weak wind

.- Custom club 364 (level 21)
.- Put yourself in the upper corner where everyone is shooting
.- Press down+right for power, up+left for impact
.- You want to make the ball pass to the left (from out point of view) of the cabin and not hit the tree behind it. you DO NOT want to reach the hole from the right side (from the side of the chimeny) I wasted a complete hour trying that it either hit the cabin or went too far the the right.
.- Start by aiming at the center of the cabin and use the grid to calculate how much you have to move according to the wind conditions. You'll soon see how the ball actually reaches the green and often finishes in the inner circles.

krae_man

today alpina out is official so I am going for the condors.. but after 3 successful condors in unofficial tournaments, I can't figure out how to do it this time.

wind is betweem 0.0 and 3.0, and it's the long tee so that fucking tree is right in the path.

I press down-right for power and up-left for impact and I've come reasonably close but I can't figure out the exact point I should aim at.

to much to the left, it's "snap" from the cabin or "rattle" from the tree left of the cabin, to much to the right, the ball does reach the green but it's far too much to the right.

I have 364 yards, but sometimes I try with pressing O on impact to reduce distance, which brings me to 360 I think. is that too much energy still?

anything I am clearly doing wrong? maybe I should try just down + up?

Never Mind Congrats!

sphinx

the piano man
Congrats!

Thanks a lot for all your help :)

I was kind of bummed when I got the third condor, with that I am kind of wrapping up this game...

I have done everything else, I just have to wait for the 2nd fisherman to appear, get rare fish and then beat the revenge VS characters that I am still missing, I have 8 and still have to beat 10 I think.

no need to play any tournaments any more.

speaking of which...

Any information about graded tourneys come out yet?

are the devs still going to release online tournaments apart of the online courses and the turf wars? I always thought the middle escalator is something they are planning to release but just haven't.

like me, I think many people are going to just move on, once they get the platinum, there really isn't any incentive to keep playing it past that.

purbeast

are the devs still going to release online tournaments apart of the online courses and the turf wars? I always thought the middle escalator is something they are planning to release but just haven't.

like me, I think many people are going to just move on, once they get the platinum, there really isn't any incentive to keep playing it past that.

The graded tourneys are coming, there is a loading screen about them.

I've already moved on from this game after "beating" the single player game and unlocking the custom club stuff. I haven't built any custom clubs and don't plan on it because I didn't buy this game to run around looking for stupid gems, only to build clubs that will break and you have to do it all over again. Getting a platinum trophy (and achievements in general) also means nothing to me so I'm not bothering with any of those stupid achievements like getting 3 condors and what not.

But will check it out again once graded tourneys start, however if they allow custom clubs I will be moving on for good.

sphinx

the piano man
one question....

is there not a P2P gaming online mode??

me against another human, just like the (Revenge) VS characters but against another person?

btkadams

Just got to rank 3 and I am still on Eagle City lol. When do I unlock other courses to play in the single player mode? I love this game but damn it’s a bit of a grind.

Allforce

the higher priced items are last months shop stuff...i think the tab at the top says this, so they must be charging for more "rare" apparel since it was only on sale last month...or something like that.

The stuff on sale for 3K apiece are just the items you could win last month by playing a round online. They're no longer available since a new set of stuff is up so they give you the chance to buy it one last time at an exorbitant price.

Bebpo

Banned
Unlocked the desert course the other day, did a run of one of the 9 holes (don't remember if it was 1-9 or 10-18) and was like birdie/birdie/birdie/did_not_finish/birdie/birdie. There was one hole where you're like on top of a mountain/hill hitting downward to where the green is far below and you can basically land the green in 1 shot even though it's a par 4. But if you hit the green it bounces so high and much it flies off into the river behind it OB and if you hit shorter than the green it's all a downward hill slope so it richocets off it and rolls super fast past the green and into the river.

How the heck are you supposed to do that whole besides landing a perfect hole in one?

surrogate

one question....

is there not a P2P gaming online mode??

me against another human, just like the (Revenge) VS characters but against another person?

Options button>Game Room>Search or Create

Unlocked the desert course the other day, did a run of one of the 9 holes (don't remember if it was 1-9 or 10-18) and was like birdie/birdie/birdie/did_not_finish/birdie/birdie. There was one hole where you're like on top of a mountain/hill hitting downward to where the green is far below and you can basically land the green in 1 shot even though it's a par 4. But if you hit the green it bounces so high and much it flies off into the river behind it OB and if you hit shorter than the green it's all a downward hill slope so it richocets off it and rolls super fast past the green and into the river.

How the heck are you supposed to do that whole besides landing a perfect hole in one?

Hit the ball 40 to 50 yards before the green and let it roll down to the green.

sphinx

the piano man
has anyone landed in the top 5 spots on any online hole and remained there til the day ended?

today I got a lucky hole-in-one in Alpine Out, Hole 1 (Par 4) and my bottle cap is there at Nr. 2, if you are curious about how I look (I made my avatar resemble me) you can look there :D

I am proud but do I get a price at the end of the day? some gems or a triple impact area ball or something??

Options button>Game Room>Search or Create .

thanks!

has anyone landed in the top 5 spots on any online hole and remained there til the day ended?

today I got a lucky hole-in-one in Alpine Out, Hole 1 (Par 4) and my bottle cap is there at Nr. 2, if you are curious about how I look (I made my avatar resemble me) you can look there :D

I am proud but do I get a price at the end of the day? some gems or a triple impact area ball or something??

thanks!

I have. You don’t get anything. Heck I won one of the dailies and didn’t get squat, lol.

I'm just 2 gallery members away from completing that, I'm about to recycle my custom clubs and upgrade it to better Condor level with my 100+ gems and then go Condor hunting. Finish out the revenge and secret VS characters and that'll about wrap it up. Would be nice if graded tournaments came sooner than later, so I don't have to let my skills lapse waiting impatiently.

Top Bottom