• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

I love this game, addictive and easy to just pick up and play a round or two in between other games but the frame rate is horrible during the open, online courses. (Playing in 4K/HDR)

Whenever you are out grabbing coins and gems the game slows to single digit fps.

Likewise when there are special effect visuals going on the green, your power bar moves in slow motion.

Wish there was an option to turn the effects off and turn off other players avatars online without having to lower the resolution (assuming the frame drops are exclusive to the 4K mode).

And a question for those with the DLC courses, are they only playable for single rounds or so they get integrated into the daily challenges or online modes at all? Also, are they the same quality as the regular courses? Cheers!

Servers suck ass. Shot a beautiful -17 on the regular cup Eagle City yesterday, just wanted to see where that 'd put me in the rankings but oh no, it shows my first attempt at -12 while it seemed to register fine lol.

sphinx

the piano man
ok what the fuck is this???

I got all rare fish on Imperial Garden, including the shark with its triple impact zone ball.

I proceed to go to vortex valley and on one of the ponds, I tried about 60 times, not once the one stupid fished appeared.

Is this normal? am I doing something wrong?

is there a difference between the two better baits? I am always using the most expensive assuming it doesn't make any difference

DrDamn

Likewise when there are special effect visuals going on the green, your power bar moves in slow motion.

And a question for those with the DLC courses, are they only playable for single rounds or so they get integrated into the daily challenges or online modes at all? Also, are they the same quality as the regular courses? Cheers!

I've never had the frame drops which occur in open online courses affect the power bar, or the special effects. It freezes everything so the power bar runs at 60fps (even on a regular PS4). The only time I see issues with power bar is during loading screen practice.

DLC courses are decent quality but quite easy difficulty wise. Not really integrated but one big plus is that if you play online with friends and set up a room then just the host needs the DLC.

krae_man

ok what the fuck is this???

I got all rare fish on Imperial Garden, including the shark with its triple impact zone ball.

I proceed to go to vortex valley and on one of the ponds, I tried about 60 times, not once the one stupid fished appeared.

Is this normal? am I doing something wrong?

is there a difference between the two better baits? I am always using the most expensive assuming it doesn't make any difference

Did that pond have a ??? Fish in it?

I didn't time mine but some did take a while, others I got on my first 10. Keep at it.

I've never had the frame drops which occur in open online courses affect the power bar, or the special effects. It freezes everything so the power bar runs at 60fps (even on a regular PS4). The only time I see issues with power bar is during loading screen practice.

DLC courses are decent quality but quite easy difficulty wise. Not really integrated but one big plus is that if you play online with friends and set up a room then just the host needs the DLC.

Cool thanks, might skip the DLC for now then.

I get regular fps drops when lots appears on screen, rain, ball effects, hitting near water etc. And yeah the action around you freezes during a shot but it (at least quite rarely) does make it slow down for me.

purbeast

I just got my PS4 Pro and it's pretty sad how unoptimized this game is. It should NOT be hiccuping while trying to hold a steady 60fps. This game should not be very taxing considering how it looks. And I'm not even in 4K or using HDR, the only PS4 Pro feature I'm using is 60FPS.

It does look MUCH better in 60FPS though, when it can hold it.

So is this it for the EG OT thread? Has everyone left and gone to discord or somewhere else?

I mean I'm here, just played earlier tonight, what's up. I actually just got the game recently, so I'm new to the series, this game, and this thread. The thread seemed pretty dead when I asked about the Turf War mode. I like the game though, used to play the hell out of one of the old Tiger Woods games so it's nice to get my golf game fix again.

I'm really hoping they add Tournaments on a timed basis like World Invitational had. That was some of the most fun I've had playing online games.

sphinx

the piano man
the more enthusiasts got done with the game in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks, and because the game has a very limited appeal once you are done with the meat of the game (aka, when you get the platinum trophy),the community moved on.

no real online tournaments so long after release has killed it.

I'll take the opportunity to say.

Mario Golf 3DS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EG PS4

there's just no comparison,

MG had online tournaments (for free...) from the get go and tight as hell gameplay.

purbeast

Damn I just came back to this thread to see if there was any update on the graded tournaments and there hasn't even been 5 posts since my last post like 3 weeks ago. Guess nobody is playing this anymore just as expected.

the more enthusiasts got done with the game in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks, and because the game has a very limited appeal once you are done with the meat of the game (aka, when you get the platinum trophy),the community moved on.

MG had online tournaments (for free...) from the get go and tight as hell gameplay.

Are you able to go into more detail? I love both series, and found Mario Golf 3DS to be a fine game, as was the last Everybody's Golf.

But I passed on PS4 Everybody's Golf because the grind just seemed too much for a series that already had an unnecessary amount of it (levelling up clubs and characters individually in EG always seemed of negative value).

Given EG PS4 is positioned as a GaaS type game that's pretty damning if Mario Golf is doing the job better with its tournaments...

surrogate

Damn I just came back to this thread to see if there was any update on the graded tournaments and there hasn't even been 5 posts since my last post like 3 weeks ago. Guess nobody is playing this anymore just as expected.

Some type of tournaments are coming on the 20th along with a new DLC course and some other things according to the Japan PS Blog.

I still play the game, mostly local multiplayer and the Bonus open course for coins.

Setzer

Sorry but I completely disagree here. EG is a much better golf game than Mario Golf 3DS. Last I checked you couldn't even save your best shots in Mario Golf 3DS. Plus being able to customize and level an avatar you create provides a much better golf gaming experience than selecting a premade character. There's just no comparison.

Sorry but I completely disagree here. EG is a much better golf game than Mario Golf 3DS. Last I checked you couldn't even save your best shots in Mario Golf 3DS. Plus being able to customize and level an avatar you create provides a much better golf gaming experience than selecting a premade character. There's just no comparison.

Missing replays is a letdown, but last I checked you could play as any Mii you create in Mario Golf 2013.

Levelling is a huge minus point when looking at the game as a level playing field online, when you start introducing large variability in all kinds of stats across clubs and characters it becomes a lot harder for players to master different aspects of the game in a competitive setting and see the results.

I'd like to know more about the online progression and ball physics and course design really. I love EG, but I can see the appeal of Mario Golf in that the online tournaments are literally no-nonsense. They appear, you play for score, they rotate, you get gear. Gameplay hasn't been incentivised by levelling systems or social features. That stuff can be cool too but there's value in Mario Golf's purity.

purbeast

Some type of tournaments are coming on the 20th along with a new DLC course and some other things according to the Japan PS Blog.

I still play the game, mostly local multiplayer and the Bonus open course for coins.

Cool. I'll check back here around then to hear how the tournaments work. I hope they make some other changes to the game as well but doubt they will. Maybe I'll play it again once they come out.

amdb00mer

Anybody else annoyed that the DLC courses don't get mixed into the campaign portion? I did play against a revenge character and it was on Green Country Club, but beyond that I have to play open course to play on them.

MADGAME

Anyone on GAF still playing this and would answer a question?

Is there a way to keep the ball shot cam locked to follow/chase? Started playing this game recently for a couple weeks now and the shot cam is really bugging me. Sometimes the camera follows the ball after you hit it, sometimes it stays on the tee as you watch your ball fly away then the cam reappears on the side or below of the ball, etc. I find it a bit disorienting and hard to see where the ball will land.

Can I keep the cam locked to a behind the ball view?

Brizzo24

Bought this game during Black Friday sale, and while I did enjoy it in the beginning, I started to get annoyed by the incredibly long load times in between matches; when you boot up the game; loading the store, etc.

kdoll08

Anyone on GAF still playing this and would answer a question?

Is there a way to keep the ball shot cam locked to follow/chase? Started playing this game recently for a couple weeks now and the shot cam is really bugging me. Sometimes the camera follows the ball after you hit it, sometimes it stays on the tee as you watch your ball fly away then the cam reappears on the side or below of the ball, etc. I find it a bit disorienting and hard to see where the ball will land.

Can I keep the cam locked to a behind the ball view?
Bought this game during Black Friday sale, and while I did enjoy it in the beginning, I started to get annoyed by the incredibly long load times in between matches; when you boot up the game; loading the store, etc.

Madgame the camera is random like that all the time. you can hit replay multiple times until you get a view you like but that's it at the moment.

Brizzo the initial load time sucks to get to the world hub but once you are on the course the load times are pretty much non existent. If it is taking a long time for you to get into the store that seems like your connection. That is pretty much instant also.

MADGAME

Madgame the camera is random like that all the time. you can hit replay multiple times until you get a view you like but that's it at the moment.

Brizzo the initial load time sucks to get to the world hub but once you are on the course the load times are pretty much non existent. If it is taking a long time for you to get into the store that seems like your connection. That is pretty much instant also.
Darn it, I'll deal with it then. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom