• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2013: SF4 MVC3 TTT2 MK9 SFxT KOF P4A Player's Choice

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ha!

Every time I sat down at a station last year I made sure to be the first player to plug my controller into the console, and I always jumped at the free port on the console itself instead of the USB hub specifically because of that reason.

Why can't they use LCD via component on Wii?
Asus monitors that most tournaments (including EVO) use don't have component or composite inputs.

Latif vs Infiltration is free? I think people are forgetting he got second at EVO in 2011 and beat some amazing players to get there. Not only that but when they've played before the matches have been close.

Chavelo

Ha!

Every time I sat down at a station last year I made sure to be the first player to plug my controller into the console, and I always jumped at the free port on the console itself instead of the USB hub specifically because of that reason.

Asus monitors that most tournaments (including EVO) use don't have component or composite inputs.

Crap. :(

BlackJace

A post by one of the members.
Originally Posted by -Ran
We don't need to accomplish it. We're a series of three games. We have managed to attract a world wide following and a pool of talented developers working on Project Melee. Why are you so eager to enter a room with 3,000 people that don't want you, or your game there? Why are you so desperately clawing at the chance to be groaned at by 90,000+ viewers when your game comes on the stream?

We are Smash. We're not Evo. We're not SRK. We need to be what we are.

Is the FGC really this abrasive? Will Melee get a wave of disgust if and when it gets picked?
Kind of a shame if true :p

OceanBlue

As it stands though it seems like a way to take advantage of a community that EVO has shunned when just accepting them would already do more for EVO then at least two of it's featured games, but that isn't enough and EVO are forcing them to buy their way in anyway.

I agree. It's in the Smash community's best interest to boycott this poll. There's no point in participating since it could be rigged and because Evo wants them to buy in when they should be in Evo anyway.

Anony

why did doa5 not make it?

also, is evo bigger or whatever the biggest moba event is (not talking about prize money, but the scope of the event)

Is the FGC really this abrasive? Will Melee get a wave of disgust if and when it gets picked?

No that idiot is just talking out of ass. APEX has both FGC games and Smash games....

Smash and evo have a bit of a history

It wasn't even Smash it was MLG who was backing Smash so people who weren't there lump the two together however Smash and MLG have parted ways.

I agree. It's in the Smash community's best interest to boycott this poll. There's no point in participating since it could be rigged and because Evo wants them to buy in when they should be in Evo anyway.

This is incredibly stupid thinking.
1) really they are going to rig it?
2) really it SHOULD be there>??

NEWSFLASH YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO SHIT IN LIFE!

Dahbomb

why did doa5 not make it?

also, is evo bigger or whatever the biggest moba event is (not talking about prize money, but the scope of the event)
Even some of the smaller MOBA events are bigger than EVO. EVO at its peak gets in 100K viewers and a LoL event gets that at like a regional.

jbug617

Banned
This can't be real right

hrg6s.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Latif vs Infiltration is free? I think people are forgetting he got second at EVO in 2011 and beat some amazing players to get there. Not only that but when they've played before the matches have been close.

And Latiff's playstyle is the exactly the type of style to beat Infiltration. Humanbomb, Latiff, Dakou, Kazunoko, K-Brad, etc are the types of players that can beat him because they don't give a crap and go nuts. Players like Uryo, Wolfkrone, Daigo, and Alioune are more likely to lose to him because they are more reserved and would give Infiltration too much time to get his offense going.

They could at least donate for one of the other games imo. This is for a good cause, after all.

Beth Cyra

Hell yeah it could.*

It's not like Smash Comm don't deserve some of it, some of it's members have been huge douche bags and have hurt them in the eyes of the FGC.

Still though, outside of the good fact money would go to fighting Breast Cancer, this could easily end very badly for the players on both sides.

No that idiot is just talking out of ass. APEX has both FGC games and Smash games....

It wasn't even Smash it was MLG who was backing Smash so people who weren't there lump the two together however Smash and MLG have parted ways.

To be fair... Yes the fgc is that abrasive... But not just to melee. There is no discrimination.

The Smash Community has always been quick to remind people how independent they are, but will be just as quick to jump at the chance to play on a big stage. See: MLG after they got snubbed because of the pot-splitting scandal, and even the year after Brawl at EVO when they held the side tournament.

People are putting too much thought into this and are trying to create drama.

And Latiff's playstyle is the exactly the type of style to beat Infiltration. Humanbomb, Latiff, Dakou, Kazunoko, K-Brad, etc are the types of players that can beat him because they don't give a crap and go nuts. Players like Uryo, Wolfkrone, Daigo, and Alioune are more likely to lose to him because they are more reserved and would give Infiltration too much time to get his offense going.

Agreed. Same reason PR Rog went so well. Random and aggressive no fucks given play is just the thing to take down players like Infiltration.

"Agreed. Same reason PR Rog went so well. Random and aggressive no fucks given play is just the thing to take down players like Infiltration."

Fuudo completely dismantled Latif in 2011.

BlackJace

The Smash Community has always been quick to remind people how independent they are, but will be just as quick to jump at the chance to play on a big stage. See: MLG after they got snubbed because of the pot-splitting scandal, and even the year after Brawl at EVO when they held the side tournament.

People are putting too much thought into this and are trying to create drama.

Ah okay, it's just silly drama then. That guy was giving off a persecution complex vibe anyways.

500k on MLP would be kinda sad if the intention was just to get it to Evo main stage. You could spend a fraction of that kind of money on supporting the game itself and get much better results.

(500k towards fighting breast cancer is cool though)

Azure J

Dude feels like starting dwama where there really isn't. At the very least, be mature and go forward without framing things to a history that really isn't there...

Also hooooooooly fuck if that MLP pic is real.

Edit: I wanted to believe it was real for a while dammit. :lol

Dude feels like starting dwama where there really isn't. At the very least, be mature and go forward without framing things to a history that really isn't there...

Also hooooooooly fuck if that MLP pic is real.

Please, of course it isn't real....unless it was Gabe

So injustice is wait and see and SFXT 2013 is not, Yeah.

SFxT 2013 at least has a release date. Injustice AFAIK has nothing more than an April release tagged onto it, for all we know it could be released late April and we'll be seeing nothing but 2 month old action. Or it could be delayed.

Nabs

Tony Cannon ‏@Pond3r
I am overjoyed to report that #MLP is currently leading the #evo2k BCRF Donation Drive. Good luck to everyone! #WSRK

Top Bottom