• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Alpha delayed for PS4 due to the 2.0 firmware update

And for me and the greater percentage (vastly greater percentage) there are zero issues at all.

I had the crash once, I rebuilt the database and now no issues... Its not as bad as people make it out to be unless it only affects gamers who have their games inside the disc drive on starting the "rest" mode.

GeNoMe

Pretty disappointed by all this. I really wanted to give Evolve a go, don't have a Xbone nor do I have a PC capable to play this game. I'm hoping they will extend some playtime.

Oh Sony...

Aw, why not a handsome top hat?

Gi4h1O9.jpg

Right clicked and saved.

Altima

PS4 players have only one chance to try this game and turtle rock has partially fucked it up.

PC and Xbox also have matchmaking problem.

I do not know how can turtle rock sell their game with this bad impression.

NBtoaster

PS4 players have only one chance to try this game and turtle rock has partially fucked it up.

Ideally people wont get too hung up over technical issues in an alpha.

pelican

You do realise this is an Alpha - the purpose of which is to test matchmaking and also allow players to try out the game.

And as for the PS4 delay? Well considering the past few weeks and the known issues with PSN and Update 2.0 i'm leaning more towards incompetence at Sony.

Altima

Yes, 3 days alpha and only chance to try the game on PS4/PC.

They released this alpha to make impression not only to test their servers.

I play enough online games on the 1st day to expect some problem but this is too much.

I can come on these boards and say however I feel, so can you. You want to get pissed at my opinion fine but I'm not going to censor myself because you feel like being protective of a fucking console. I've owned almost every gaming system ever made and at the moment have all last gen and current gen consoles hooked up. I'm not going to return shit but I'm sure as hell allowed to bitch if one of my systems isn't turning on properly because of a FW update. It's the lack of QA that really bothers me. I come on these boards for a variety of reasons and venting is one of them. You don't like it? Well I don't give a rat's ass. Now I'm gonna go play some Evolve on my ONE. You have yourself a good night.

Hah, it's exactly like reading the equivalent of a 7-yr-old's tantrum when something goes wrong. This thread continues to deliver in spades.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You do realise this is an Alpha - the purpose of which is to test matchmaking and also allow players to try out the game.

And as for the PS4 delay? Well considering the past few weeks and the known issues with PSN and Update 2.0 i'm leaning more towards incompetence at Sony.

Could you please list the known issues with PSN and the 2.0 PS4 FW update beyond the Rest/Standby one?

The truth is often nuanced, an API might have changed and Turtle Rock might have not managed to discover it/address it in time or they might be a OS or tools bug they did not discover/worked around in time. Now you know why companies release software stability and security updates.

Sweep14

Co-founder responded on the forum. Sony is working with them to get a fix as quickly as they can. The community manager also meationed the problem was very serious for everyone presumably going beyond servers and caught last minute. I still believe it was 2.0 unless they're blatantly lying about Sony helping. If it was purely netcode I don't know why Sony would help.

https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/big-alpha-on-ps4-postponed/20237/133

Come on ! You really think that the devs didn't have access to 2.0 debug firmware way before its release...?

m@cross

Right, so I have a number of online games on my PS4 and most didn't patch after 2.0 and yet somehow still work. What could have changed to screw up Evolve that doesn't affect other games still running fine post 2.0?

m@cross

And for me and the greater percentage (vastly greater percentage) there are zero issues at all.

There is no way you can say this and not just be guessing. The fact is a lot of people here have posted problems with rest most post 2.0, it is not a low % of users. Not every user is going to post when others already are, not every user will use their PS4 in a way to notice this yet, and many users who think they fixed it with something irrelevant like a disc not being in or putting USB power to always on are finding out they simply needed to wait a day or so to see it happen yet again.

When you have 4 threads here with numerous pages of users saying it caused a problem, it is not a small issue and no way can anyone claim, with credibility, that it is a limited occurrence.

Yah, I am sorry it is more troll food for some of the dicks to use vs Sony, but it is a legit fuck up by them, and in this case Sony deserves shit for it. Trolls will always find some bullshit reason to fanboy it up, but in this case they actually have a real reason for once.

This is an issue. I personally think that it's not really Sony's fault as other games haven't had issues but with the problems lately people are going to think that PSN is at fault/is faulty, perception is reality. Hell, people still think you can't play used games on xbone.

Gestault

It would be a cut-and-dry case of libel if Turtle Rock/2K was making knowingly false statements against Sony blaming the firmware update for the issues. It would very much be in Sony's best interest to comment to that effect if that were the case. They haven't. If it seems impossible that a firmware update can cause problems with software, final or otherwise, you're deluded.

Right, so I have a number of online games on my PS4 and most didn't patch after 2.0 and yet somehow still work. What could have changed to screw up Evolve that doesn't affect other games still running fine post 2.0?

This is why i'm inclined to believe this is Turtle's problem.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This really doesn't seem like a big deal considering it's an alpha.
It's exactly why alphas happen. Better now than in February. People are just frustrated with Sony's software/networking lately, and rightly so, but they're misattributing a few issues and making it seem like online play for everything is borked, when it's just this alpha. 2.0 didn't break any other games so I'm guessing the issue is more with the game than the firmware.

It would be a cut-and-dry case of libel if Turtle Rock/2K was making knowingly false statements against Sony blaming the firmware update for the issues. It would very much be in Sony's best interest to comment to that effect if that were the case. They haven't. If it seems impossible that a firmware update can cause problems with software, final or otherwise, you're deluded.
It doesn't seem impossible. It just seems unlikely to be Sony's fault given that every other game post-2.0 works. This smells to be a Turtle Rock problem plain and simple, contrary to how some want to portray this.

Gamer345

Banned

Yet every other game and app works well with 2.00, even LPB3 beta, so tell me how a 2k developed game is Sony's incompetence??

2K didnt even say what was wrong with the 2.00 update that has caused the problem, seems like they are passing blame for their own incompetence not to update their alpha

With the PC and Xbox One have lag issues and more, it is 2k that seems to be the problem

Just how do you think this stuff works?

Do you really think phil spencer, darth vader, mugatu, scar from the lion king, and other evil figures sit in microsofts board room, saying

"Yes, we will buy temporary exclusivity of a game....SO PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT PS4s CANT HAVE IT!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!"

"And while we're at it, we'll have an independent 3rd party developer SAY an alpha starts on halloween weekend, but then it wont! BAAAHAHAHAHA!"

Or ya know, maybe there are just some issues with the 2.0 firmware. But that sounds much more insane i know.

Dat Mugatu. LOL

Top Bottom