• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Big Alpha Impressions/bugs/glitches thread

Arken2121

It's amazing because at PAX the line was always capped and the hype was through the roof. Easily the most hyped up game there. I REALLY want to try it but damn it stuck at searching for players.

Some high level Incompetence here. They had weeks to prepare for shit like this.

To say that its the fault of FW 2.0 is just to blame somebody else.

wotta

"We have some unfortunate news to share with folks planning to participate in the Big Alpha test on PlayStation 4 starting today. Following the recent PS4 2.00 firmware update, we are experiencing difficulties with the Evolve Big Alpha on PlayStation 4. As a result, the test on PlayStation 4 is postponed. PlayStation and 2K are working together on a resolution.

If you’re playing in the Big Alpha test on Xbox One or PC, don’t worry, the show will go on.

We know that for many of you PS4 players this is a big letdown. We’re disappointed too, and we’re going to do our best to make up for this delay. For starters, if you’re a PS4 player affected by this delay and you also own an Xbox One or PC, you can register on one of those platforms right now using the codes below and we’ll send you an invite today so you can start playing."

So no Evolve for PS4 now............

Seriously, I get back from all week work, I have some time to play and this...

From a software side, PS4 is big damn clusterfuck in the past months.

Sony aren't the developers of this game. Seems a shame to blame Sony. The delay may not be that long, let's just see how it goes.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
"We have some unfortunate news to share with folks planning to participate in the Big Alpha test on PlayStation 4 starting today. Following the recent PS4 2.00 firmware update, we are experiencing difficulties with the Evolve Big Alpha on PlayStation 4. As a result, the test on PlayStation 4 is postponed. PlayStation and 2K are working together on a resolution.

If you’re playing in the Big Alpha test on Xbox One or PC, don’t worry, the show will go on.

We know that for many of you PS4 players this is a big letdown. We’re disappointed too, and we’re going to do our best to make up for this delay. For starters, if you’re a PS4 player affected by this delay and you also own an Xbox One or PC, you can register on one of those platforms right now using the codes below and we’ll send you an invite today so you can start playing."

So no Evolve for PS4 now............

Seriously, I get back from all week work, I have some time to play and this...

From a software side, PS4 is big damn clusterfuck in the past months.
*sigh*

Some high level Incompetence here. They had weeks to prepare for shit like this.

To say that its the fault of FW 2.0 is just to blame somebody else.

Seriously they let us waste bandwidth downloading the alpha after FW 2.0 was out then too say "Oops it doesn't work" on Alpha day. I don't see advanced warfare having this problem.

Soi-Fong

Didn't know I got in.. So wicked. Haha Hopefully, it's improved from the PC Closed Alpha I played in August.

Shame about the PS4 difficulties. Hope they fix it since I'd like to try this out on the PS4 as well with some friends.

Seriously they let us waste bandwidth downloading the alpha after FW 2.0 was out then too say "Oops it doesn't work" on Alpha day. I don't see advanced warfare having this problem.
Definitely the part that annoyed me. Fine, it's not going to work. Whatever. Just don't waste my time downloading a 12+ gig file.

dankir

Watched a stream last night and look pretty fun once things got going. BUT GOOODDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN at those loading times!

I killed every hunter, not just downed them. I assumed since there was no one left for Daisy to revive, the match would end. I thought it was like this in the first alpha but I'm probably remembering wrong.

Yeah, even with everyone properly dead, the dropship will still come back if Daisy is alive. She's a trooper.

Rndm

Sony does really start to annoy me lately. Driveclub, 2.0 issues, PSN still being down a lot and not working properly, now this. I don't know but Sony does need to invest more money in their network infrastructure and maybe hire some more staff. Seems like they focus on the wrong things and keep staying behind. they solve one issue and another one arises. Not good and I do not know many online services with that many problems. Kind of upsetting :/

The Evolve Alpha isn't compatible with themes besides the default blue, not to mention USB music... DAMN YOU SONY

OT but the spiral theme is like a party in my room.

Definitely the part that annoyed me. Fine, it's not going to work. Whatever. Just don't waste my time downloading a 12+ gig file.

Yup & why would FW 2.0 only effect this and nothing else?

Sony does really start to annoy me lately. Driveclub, 2.0 issues, PSN still being down a lot and not working properly, now this. I don't know but Sony does need to invest more money in their network infrastructure and maybe hire some more staff. Seems like they focus on the wrong things and keep staying behind. they solve one issue and another one arises. Not good and I do not know many online services with that many problems. Kind of upsetting :/

Honest question how does FW 2.0 only effect this and nothing else? How is this incident sonys fault?

Its easier to blame Sony than to just tell the truth that Turtlerock is incompetent as fuck.

Maybe its the money from Microsoft. Or maybe they just dont give a fuck about PS4 users.

But god damn they had time to prepare for this. The Big Alpha wasnt announced yesterday.

Xando

How is it sonys fault when the devs forgot that 2.0 dropped?

NotLiquid

Is anyone having the game stuck at "searching"?

I've been trying to get into the game but it seems like I cant find anyone.

Yep, it's a no-go for me. If there were issues it'd normally just fail to start the game but now it won't even connect to any players.

Yup & why would FW 2.0 only effect this and nothing else?
Makes no sense. Sounds like a terrible excuse and/or some outright incompetency from the Evolve devs. Besides the bricking issue (which I haven't experienced), nothing else has broken on my PS4. Online is working normally everywhere else...

Xyber

Well, it's impossible to even find players on PC right now for me. Still only been able to play 1 game in 2 hours.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had a great game where I got to level 2 within ~3 minutes, saw their medic was trying to cut me off so I just destroyed her.

The other 3 come out and we get into a huge fight, I down their trapper, down the support and chase the assault...and realize Daisy is being the MVP over there and revived everyone. Ended up going back there, downing the trapper and support again while the assault gets away. I down and make sure daisy dies. Before I can kill the assault the reinforcements come out, but the Assault is downed and dies after they come in so they have no heavy hitter and I squeak out a win.

You definitely need to watch out for Daisy saving everyone, totally slipped my mind after taking out the medic.

Its easier to blame Sony than to just tell the truth that Turtlerock is incompetent as fuck.

Maybe its the money from Microsoft. Or maybe they just dont give a fuck about PS4 users.

But god damn they had time to prepare for this. The Big Alpha wasnt announced yesterday.

Jeez, man. Big PS4 update hits, has unexpected quirk that rises up for the Alpha. You can't really prepare for something like that without having people from Sony working with them to make sure it's a smooth process.

Nobody's fault really, just an unfortunate bug. This is the type of stuff Alpha/Beta tests are for.

Gestault

If you’re playing in the Big Alpha test on Xbox One or PC, don’t worry, the show will go on."

Oh man, that's rough.

Sony can't be blamed for this. PSN is working fine with all other games and services today.
Seems like PC players are struggling with servers too?

Turtlerock completely fucked up but I guess now is the time to do that. Didn't they know in advance about firmware 2.00 though?

Realistically will they even have time for another alpha for PS4 users? The next thing is the Xbone exclusive beta in January then release in February.

Kotaku just posted an article placing a lot of blame on Sony for this. Why? It's clearly the dev's problem. Not like every other PS4 game functions just fine on the new firmware...(DriveClub aside).

Xando

Sony can't be blamed for this. PSN is working fine with all other games and services today.

Turtlerock completely fucked up but I guess now is the time to do that. Didn't they know in advance about firmware 2.00 though?

Since it looks like all plattforms are having problems i guess thats more of a developer issue.

Arken2121

Seems so. Been searching for players for the past 20 minutes.

On the forums, the devs have said both a tutorial and bots are going to be implemented in the full game, so no worries there. They both should help new players quite a bit.

That's good to hear but they really needed something for this alpha release. This game is dependent on other players playing well, especially the monster, for everyone to enjoy the game. Yet the alpha release is going to draw a lot of people who have heard very little, if anything, about Evolve but see it as a free game they can try out. All those people will bring down the playing experience for everybody. At least with the release of the full game, those playing will have bought the game and will likely have a general feel for what is going on.

The perplexing thing for me is that they really wouldn't have to do that much. At the very least they could have included a "Learn the map" mode that simply lets players run around the map using their abilities. For slightly more effort they could have included audio or text logs in the maps that showed strategies that the devs and testers have discovered at that location.

It was never was going to end well that some people's first experience with the game was being dumped on a map they'd never seen as the monster with abilities they'd never used, and had 4 other players trying to kill them. That's not just bad for the player playing the monster, but it's bad for everybody.

Mugatu

Except this is the only info we have and easy or not, it makes much more sense that crackpot conspiracy theories.

And keep in mind that this is an alpha.

Carib2g

Banned
So, WTF is going on?

I'm on PS4...downloaded since last night (took about 16 hours!!!)...and have been trying to get past the "agreement screen" for the last few hours. Keep getting a message that the servers are full, and to try again later....

Any PS4 players able to play a match AT ALL?

So, WTF is going on?

I'm on PS4...downloaded since last night (took about 16 hours!!!)...and have been trying to get past the "agreement screen" for the last few hours. Keep getting a message that the servers are full, and to try again later....

Any PS4 players able to play a match AT ALL?

No, PS4 version is delayed.

Following the recent PS4 2.00 firmware update, we are experiencing difficulties with the Evolve Big Alpha on PlayStation 4. As a result, the test on PlayStation 4 is postponed. PlayStation and 2K are working together on a resolution. Evolve's closed alpha test is still playable on Xbox One and PC.

Top Bottom