• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Examples of Good Games Journalism

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
There was an article from the early 2000's from a somewhat mainstream website (I think like a Time or Newsweek....) about finally resorting to cheating in an Aliens (HR Giger) game on the PS1 that I would love to find...

Suairyu

Banned
SamJD said:
Most of my gaming career I was at IGN. I thought a lot of their articles were rather childish, and since then I never really gave gaming "journalism" a second look.
You tar an entire group of professionals with the output of one outlet? Not only that, the outlet you pick is IGN?!

Shame on you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I used to care more about games journalism. Then I realised I actually cared about game development.

Booshka

Shawn Elliot's Blog is a good source of super serious games journalism along with utterly hilarious and satirical pseudo-journalism. His review symposium is unbelievably epic, I haven't finished reading through it, but it is as thorough and insightful as anything I have ever read on the subject.

His latest posts are those of Rory Manion, featuring his alter-ego game journalist "Kevin Beverage." It is hilarious satire of the ridiculous "games journalism" that is commonly seen all over the internet, and taken seriously by far too many people.

http://shawnelliott.blogspot.com/

Top Bottom