• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXCITEBOTS: Trick Racing Trailer

pvpness

Linkzg said:
yeah, that and the guy moving the wheel left and right quickly to run worried me. Hopefully my imagination is getting the best of me and I'm jumping to conclusions here.
Looked like a power-up.

JDSN

Banned
So you race and play minigames at the same time? This is gonna be the most hardcore casual experience ever. EXCITEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fantastical

Death Prophet
markatisu said:
Its just you, having played Excite Truck only a few days ago this is much better in everything from draw distance to use of blur
Hm, then I guess I'm just crazy. There is a lot more going on as well.

Baconbitz said:
Anything with Wii Wheel = Ehh.
But the first basically used the same mechanic without the wheel and it worked fine.

Won

I hope I don't need to play it in the "wheel position". I liked how Excite Trucks was controlled.

CTLance

I'm a bit worried about the waggle, but the rest was just mindblowing.

Super leg smash, super sandwich, super pie face.... super excite.

Dear god, please don't let this suck for some reason. We need more insane games.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Fuck yeah! I was afraid the ladybug would look kinda lame, but even it looks pretty rad.

(there's that word again, rad)

(rad and EXCITTTTEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!)

evilromero said:
The definition of "fun" will now have a picture of Excitebots next to it in the dictionary.
Well the picture of Excite truck was getting a bit tiring to look at so i guess that's a good thing.

That quick jerking left/right motion would probably be the same as the left/right motion for the 360 truck spin in the first game.

Fantastical said:
Hm, then I guess I'm just crazy. There is a lot more going on as well.

But the first basically used the same mechanic without the wheel and it worked fine.
Excite doesn't use steering controls.

Eteric Rice

titiklabingapat said:
What the fuck?! :lol

It's like Nintendo told the devs to smoke some lsd and go all out :lol

Isn't this pretty much what every Nintendo team does? I mean think about it.

Prax

AlphaTwo00 said:
That quick jerking left/right motion would probably be the same as the left/right motion for the 360 truck spin in the first game.

I'm sure others got this, but I need to clarify...

The left-right jerking motions are for when the bots have LEGS so you can STOMP THINGS TO DEATH, right?! XD

Anticitizen One said:
WOW! Im so glad Nintendo incorporated everything the fans wanted for a sequel!

................well at least the graphics are good :lol
Nintendo didn't make this.

EXCITE!!!

aryzll

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
evilromero said:
Excite doesn't use steering controls.

Actually, it can. ExciteTruck works with either handlebar -or- steering motions.

I know as I've been playing it with wheel controls ever since I purchased it a few months ago -- it works well with the Wii Wheel.

GDGF

Soothsayer
AlphaTwo00 said:

I would imagine that the people in the video aren't actually playing the game. They're just models moving the wheel to prerecorded footage, edited to look realistic enough.

I just noticed the waggling at the end. When the kid and his dad (?) waggles, the bugs on screen starts running on their hinder legs. At least that's what it looks like from the footage.

Jammy

Banned
God damnit people are so fucking cynical it's annoying.

This game looks CRAZY
EXCITE
. ExciteTruck was the best game at launch nobody played and it's fanbase is more vocal than Motorstorm and that franchise has churned out two sequels in less time.

Now we have bots with different abilities and insane shit like pies, bowling pins, floating bars, and giant humanoid mountains trying to hammer racers.

This is all with an apparent better draw distance and Wii Wheel support. Yeah, it's a piece of plastic, but it's built well and DOES make games that use it more fun.

I swear, some people just don't like fun. This takes ExciteTruck to the extreme and makes it look less generic and more crazy to play at the same time.

Top Bottom