• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXCITEBOTS: Trick Racing Trailer

markatisu

Jammy said:
God damnit people are so fucking cynical it's annoying.

This game looks CRAZY
EXCITE
. ExciteTruck was the best game at launch nobody played and it's fanbase is more vocal than Motorstorm and that franchise has churned out two sequels in less time.

Now we have bots with different abilities and insane shit like pies, bowling pins, floating bars, and giant humanoid mountains trying to hammer racers.

This is all with an apparent better draw distance and Wii Wheel support. Yeah, it's a piece of plastic, but it's built well and DOES make games that use it more fun.

I swear, some people just don't like fun. This takes ExciteTruck to the extreme and makes it look less generic and more crazy to play at the same time.

Amen to that!

Tom_Cody

Shock.gif

AceBandage said:
Like all Wii trailers, could have done without the people "playing" it.
That said, looks like Excite Trucks, but insane. Me likey.

Agreed. The images of people "playing" the game looks awkward. Take note Nintendo, this is why I don't play games while looking in a mirror!

mj1108

tzp2gameknight said:
Agreed. The images of people "playing" the game looks awkward. Take note Nintendo, this is why I don't play games while looking in a mirror!

I think someone here should go and just edit out the people playing out of every video Nintendo releases then re-up it to Youtube. It'll be the GAF version of the trailer.

jts

...hate me...
Game looks good but seeing those guys playing with the Wii wheels takes away all the excite. I'm even somewhat depressed :(

Linkzg said:
1figqf.gif

the best part is the people playing

It's only the best part when you pull them out of the trailer and make funny images like the one above. One second I'm looking at a game trailer and then the next this scrawny kid throwing his arms around, its jarring. So who's going to get on the GAF Nintendo Trailers with no people!?

felipeko

Looks easier to not get lost on the tracks, thats a good thing. Most people who i tried to initiate on the game gave up when got lost.

Jammy said:
God damnit people are so fucking cynical it's annoying.

This game looks CRAZY
EXCITE
. ExciteTruck was the best game at launch nobody played and it's fanbase is more vocal than Motorstorm and that franchise has churned out two sequels in less time.

Now we have bots with different abilities and insane shit like pies, bowling pins, floating bars, and giant humanoid mountains trying to hammer racers.

This is all with an apparent better draw distance and Wii Wheel support. Yeah, it's a piece of plastic, but it's built well and DOES make games that use it more fun.

I swear, some people just don't like fun. This takes ExciteTruck to the extreme and makes it look less generic and more crazy to play at the same time.

There's only one major thing that Excite Truck didn't have, and it would make the game much more fun than any other addition: decent multiplayer. Ideally, I'd like LAN Grand Prix, but I'll take online, or even split-screen so long as it's not just 2 players with no CPU cars. There's no excuse for lack of decent multiplayer in a racing game, especially for a company/system so geared toward family/friends playing together.

This trailer looks good, but the tiny bit of multiplayer is still just 2P only. :-(

Teknoman

Prax said:
I'm sure others got this, but I need to clarify...

The left-right jerking motions are for when the bots have LEGS so you can STOMP THINGS TO DEATH, right?! XD

Seems that way. Other than that, steering will probably be like Mario Kart wii.

Just watched the trailer again. It doesn't look bad. What's nice is it looks like this game will have more gameplay variety than Excitetruck. The tricks and the associated mini games and tracks will vary the gameplay a bit. I'm still not sold on the wheel though. I ditched it about ten minutes into Mario Kart Wii and never looked back. I'm much more comfortable with the Nunchuck and Remote combo. Which brings up something else, how would an alternate control scheme be done if they relied a lot on the wheel?

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
tzp2gameknight said:
Just watched the trailer again. It doesn't look bad. What's nice is it looks like this game will have more gameplay variety than Excitetruck. The tricks and the associated mini games and tracks will vary the gameplay a bit. I'm still not sold on the wheel though. I ditched it about ten minutes into Mario Kart Wii and never looked back. I'm much more comfortable with the Nunchuck and Remote combo. Which brings up something else, how would an alternate control scheme be done if they relied a lot on the wheel?

I assume you've never played Excite Truck, because then you'd know controlling the cars with the nunchuck would be a fucking stupid idea. The tilt steering makes this game.

jts

...hate me...
Joe Shlabotnik said:
But you're throwing pies in their faces! You can pretend there's a grenade in each pie!
Or maybe he can take it as the first psychological horror excite racer ever!

I'm just kidding skip, I respect that.

Pseudo_Sam said:
I assume you've never played Excite Truck, because then you'd know controlling the cars with the nunchuck would be a fucking stupid idea. The tilt steering makes this game.

No, I own the original Excite Truck and loved the game. I really liked the way the sideways remote worked but I can't see the Wheel adding much to the already great controls. The Wheel always felt a little unnecessary though I know many people really enjoy it.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm genuinely laughing my ass of here!!!! SUPER SANDWICH!!!

Damn, *wipes of the tears*.... hilarious.

Prax

Cow Mengde said:
Like I said, it probably has something to do with running on your legs. Rewatch that part and pay close attention to the game footage.

I said it earlier than you.. but no one listened, and no one continues to! xD

boiled goose

good with gravy
will buy.....

only if it has decent local multiplayer...

2player only with no cpus is the reason i did not buy excite truck...

Teknoman

The official topic better have SUPER SANDWICH in the title. Forget everything else.

The Official Excitebots thread of SUPER SANDWICH

Top Bottom