• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Existing Xbox One owners - are you still happy with your purchase?

RowdyReverb

I love mine but I don't have a PS4 for comparison.

I use the voice commands and TV features all the time, so I hope they improve them. Sounds like the S drops hdmi passthru and the dvr features were scrapped so I'm not optimistic scorpio will do much in that area.
The S has HDMI passthrough I think. Also it now has a built-in IR blaster, so they haven't totally abandoned TV.

I also use the TV and voice control features a lot (well, before the beta Cortana made it terrible), so I'll miss it if they move away from that stuff in the future.

wig

Bought it for exclusives and to play with my X1 only friends. I hardly ever touch it.

I really like the controller but I hate the UI. I would not buy it again.

Yup. And even though I have a PS4, my XB1 is my console of choice. Quiet and I love the controller. Just wish my Kinect was more consistent with voice recognition because it is a great device for media, especially with kids.

Freeman76

No, i already had a Ps4 and it was just an unnecessary purchase, as it gathers dust now. I expected plenty of cool exclusives, but there arent any and nothing on the horizon that interests me.

I really enjoyed playing the Halo games again Remastered, and i use it now and then to play trials HD, so I cant say i regret the purchase as such, but if i knew how much i would play it i wouldnt have bought one.

Why wouldn't I be happy? I have been using my Xbox One heavily since release since the cable TV box is connected to it and it is my main streaming device. Scorpio coming out soon is great. No longer will I have to endure the Xbox 720 type of ridicules from supporters of the other platform.

Please don't tell me you feel this is one of the benefits for purchasing a Scorpio. lol.

bryehn

Yeah. It's my most used console and has been running fine since day one. Netflix, calling my kid's grandma on Skype, most of my friends on multiplayer. Bigger digital library for me with backwards compatibility.

I'll probably buy Scorpio, will likely skip S unless my launch unit craps out. 4 years from launch isn't too egregious and it sounds like the time frame I'd be updating to 4k at.

For PS4 I'm on the fence. Once PSVR drops a bit I may upgrade, but it's pretty much my JRPG machine at this point.

selo

I just bought the one (with kinect still) for killer instinct. Since my HDTV is well over 10 years old, it doesn't have smart functionality nor usb ports/wifi, so I primarily use the xbox as netflix/twitch medium :p

Outrun

Absolutely.

I have sunk hundreds of hours into the Forzas and Halos

I have enjoyed Sunset Overdrive, Oro, and Quantum Break.

Looking forward to FH3, GOW4, and Halo Wars 3 in the next 12 months.

No regrets here.

-

Yes, but I have a fair amount of disposable income, so even if it sucked a little bit I wouldn't feel too bad.

That being said, I absolutely love the controller (especially the Elite) and have enjoyed many of the games, including:

Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 3
Halo 5
Forza Horizon 2
Halo MCC (just kidding!)
Quantum Break
Tomb Raider

I also appreciate EA Access and Xbox Live, which I still prefer to PSN.

That being said, it's a complete role reversal from the prior generation; whereas I used to get 3rd party titles on the Xbox, now I get them on the PS4 or PC.

Tristax

Neo Member
No regrets. Have a PS4 but only play it for exclusives.

Pumped for Scorpio too. Feel like all the negative Xbox talk over the past few days has been blown out of proportion.

Jumped into a party last night to play some Overwatch. Very few of my X1 friends read forums or Reddit, it was refreshing to hear how amped they were over the recent announcements. No "Been fun guys but I'm building a PC. See you in cross-play." comments.

Justinh

I plan on getting a Scorpio, and maybe even an S too, but I'm still happy with my Day One.

I've been using it for what? 2.5 years and I've liked it a lot. I don't mind upgrading every now and then (4 years isn't unreasonable, I upgrade my PC more often than that).

Yes, I'd do it all over again.

gamz

Still rocking it, but I'm either trading it in for a One S or keeping it and buying a One S.

Whatever the case I need a One S.

Lynn616

I have literally not had a single game I've wanted to play on it, largely because all of the interesting games have been better on other platforms, and I consider it the worst console I've ever owned.

So, no. I'm not happy with the purchase and wouldn't buy Scorpio.

So you are dropping consoles and going PC?

I bought mine day one and am still very happy (Had a 360 and PS3). I still enjoy the exclusive titles like Forza (My favorite series) and Halo. I want to say I have most of the exclusives but some are obviously more memorable than others. I have the elite controller which has been great and a large assortment of games. EA access has also been a huge bonus with all of the sports games I like to play for a low yearly cost and the games with gold lately have been awesome. Even when play anywhere comes out I will continue to play the games on my xbox. I do split my time about half and half between PC and Xbox but like the different experiences. I have already pre-ordered a 2tb S for the increased internal HDD and also the 4k bluray player. I have bought a PS4 at launch but never opened it and returned it but still plan on getting one in the future to get the exclusives I have missed and future titles.

I rarely use it anymore, but there were enough unique experience that I would say is worth it such as the forza titles , MCC and Halo 5. I like DR3 (not as much as the first) and I thought Ryse and SO were interesting. So as far as regretting what I have already done, no. If asking if I could have lived without these experiences? I could say yes. I would be hard pressed to say any of these games I would define as titles that are personal gaming highs for me.

Bessy67

I love it. Not sure I'd feel the same if I owned a PS4 or a gaming PC, but to me the purchase has been totally worth it even with MS seemingly shifting more to being platform agnostic and the announcement of Scorpio.

Luckydog

I have had a great time so far. I dont regret the xbox purchase, but I do regret the Kinect. Had it launched 100 dollars cheaper and everything else was exactly the same I would have no regrets. Playing Forza Apex yesterday on a 6 Ghz Skylake i7 with 32 GB of RAM, an ssd and a 980TI and still seeing hitches just reminds me of why I am still primarily a console gamer.

Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Forza and Forza Horizon, Dead Rising, Ori, Rare Replay, D4, Quantum Break and all the multi plats I've been able to play with my friends online. Plus EA Access + game sharing effectively halving the cost of games, I've got my money's worth and a lot more since launch.

Have no regrets about my purchase.

Madness

Nope. Only bought it for MCC which turned out to be a bust. Console gathered dust until Halo 5 which I barely have time to play anymore. Will probably be the last console I own going forward. Will suck to leave Halo behind.

Not really. Only a few titles in MS's upcoming lineup has any appeal to me. I probably shouldn't have bought the system. I have no interest in the S revision and, so far, MS has shown me no reason to be interested in Scorpio.

I'm probably not going to sell mine, but I've seriously thought about it. My PS4 and Wii U are enough for me. And I'm already planning on picking up a Neo and NX.

memoso

of course, i paid 300 USD for it and dont have a pc gamer so i dont care of the first party games going to PC ( but i'm thinking on selling my xbox to buy the slim , it's georgeus )

A lack of first party console exclusives in the future is causing far more angst and anxiety than I ever imagined it could.

The benefits of a console are the same they've always been.

Ive enjoyed my Xbox One. Would I have waited? Waited for what? 3 years of being able to play games on it isn't something I'll get back. Time is more valuable than money.

Also buying the Slim. It's a great looking box and I need an excuse to buy a 4K TV this year.

SPCTRE

It's a great console and I play it a lot more than my PS4, Wii U, and PC.

I want all the new consoles (Scorpio, Neo) anyway so that's not affecting my satisfaction.

Osahi

I don't play on pc so it doesn't matter to me. But i had expected it to see more action. (I own a ps4 and it's my go to console. Xbox i use mainly for exvlusives)

I don't like it and rarely turn it on so it's my last xbox. Obviously if I knew every xbox 1 game was going to be on PC, I wouldn't have bought it.

Leyasu

Banned
I bought one day one. No I was never happy with it coming after the excellent OG and 360.. Scorpio on the other hand is looking like a worthy successor to 360.. I am pleased as punch that they are going to upgrade next year... I'll be ay the store day one before opening time for mine next year

filly

I buy consoles to play first party exclusives. I've ordered a 1080 gtx for my PC to replace my 970 and I now figure I'm out of that Xbox Eco system for the next 4 years at least. The only thing preventing me from selling my current xbone is Fantasia on Kinect because it's awesome for parties, but that is it. The very fact quantum break, halo, etc couldn't hit 1080p being first party has driven me friking potty. I actually wanted to play with my dude bro friends on call of duty but I passed it up for the ps4 version due to better graphics. Their sub par specs literally severed my online community. Destiny came out and people wanted to get in, my some of my Xbox friends were too proud to move over to ps4 and so I simply don't play with them anymore and they in turn actually started gaming less online.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I love my current xbox one but already ordered a S. Got some friends at work that want my old one for cheap once the S comes in. I also plan to buy the scorpio. At that time I'll keep the S in my bed room and the Scorpio in my game room.

Yes, not mad at all. I have a gaming PC and still plan on getting Scorpio. I don't always like gaming on PC. I sometimes like to switch it up, but now I'll know I have the convenience continung my progression when I swap between both (especially when the wife wants to use the TV but I dont wanna stop gaming).

I love the options they are providing, and looking forward to seeing it fleshed out as time continues.

Flux

Yeah its been great recently with GWG and BC games too. Got a lot of mileage out of Forza, Halo MCC and 5 and Titanfall.
Sure the Slim and Scorpio are enticing, but I would have been sitting out ~2 years of gaming had I waited for the revision. Same goes with the Ps4.

Fletcher

Yup. It's my most used system. Actually thinking about trading in my ps4. Having already finished uncharted, there's nothing else coming out for it I care about until God of War.

naitosan

I love my current xbox one but already ordered a S. Got some friends at work that want my old one for cheap once the S comes in. I also plan to buy the scorpio. At that time I'll keep the S in my bed room and the Scorpio in my game room.

That's actually my plan. Can't wait for Xbox One S, this thing looks damn sexy.

Two Words

I never get the "it was worth it for X game alone" comments. Like, saying that would mean that you would have spent $400 on a piece of hardware that can literally only play one game. Maybe some of you guys are living in a different financial stratosphere, because I could never imagine doing that for any game.

I purchased it for Halo and Forza just because of the lack of racing games on the PS4 currently. I took advantage of trade in deal @ best buy w/ a 360 and figured why not.

Being said, it collects dust and I sort of regret the purchase. We used to use it as the main streaming device but that has all but ceased since PSvue came to our area. The streaming apps are very slow (HBO go) when compared to the ps4.

I'll keep it around unless I see a nice trade-in deal for a Xbox One + PS4 for an Neo. Plan on getting an NX, maybe scorpio in the future. The windows 10 game sharing, as I understand it, makes the Xbone obsolete

Loomba

I bought it for Halo and Gears but I've played and enjoyed Halo A LOT. So I'm not upset. Buying a PC going forward though not getting Scorpio

Top Bottom