• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Existing Xbox One owners - are you still happy with your purchase?

Voliko

I think I got my money's worth with Halo 5 multiplayer. Haven't played much of anything else. I was looking forward to Gears 4 multi but after E3 I'm considering selling the thing.

Really happy with it, I've played my favourite games of the last 10 years on it (Destiny, Dark Souls 3, Halo collection), loved how it gets updated regularly and I love that the games I buy in future will be mine on PC if I ever get a gaming PC

komplanen

Yup, it's all going to PC.

That's the best part of their new focus. They don't care where you play, whether Windows 10 and the Windows Store or Xbox One.

Wow nice. I thought it would be just some select titles.

Now there's literally 0% chance of me buying an Xbox One though Microsoft's exclusives don't interest me that much. I didn't exactly want to buy one anyway, but now I just don't think there'll ever be any third party exclusives I care about.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Yes. Hundreds of hours put into Titanfall, FH2 and Halo 5. Great for media, too.

While it's obvious that it will never reach the heights of the 360, Xbox One provided some memorable experiences.

Dipswitch

Eh. I just bought mine at Christmas and I'm a little salty that I didn't wait for the upcoming refresh - the S model has some nice features that I didn't expect.

That having been said, my son has used this for his Minecraft fix almost daily and I'm starting to play through my backlog now that I've finally gotten my media room/speakers setup. So I don't consider this a waste of money.

The PS4 that I bought around Christmas that is still in the box? That's a different story....

Strootman

Yep. Some great games like halo 5, halo MCC (I enjoyed replaying the campaigns) Ori, Sunset, killer Instinct, Forza 5, Quantum Break. Also replaying the first gears of war was awesome and brought me back some incredible memories. I also played all the multiplatform games since I prefer to play on xbox. Having a blast with overwatch right now.

But the real masterpiece is Forza Horizon 2. Everyone should play that game. It's the best game of this generation for me. And I cannot wait for the sequel!

Plus BC is awesome altough I would like them to add more games that I'd want to play. Too many little indie games so far.

We must also give credits to ms for the possibility to share our digital games with a pal. It's a fantastic feature that wasn't available on 360 and really helped me.

For the future I'm still not sure if I'll buy scorpio. They need to convince me by showing me new stunning games that would look like shit on X1.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yes, and I'm excited for Scorpio. Let's be honest, the Xbox One has some great experiences on it but it hasn't aged well at all this gen, especially with PCs getting 7-8 TF cards this year for a relatively cheap price.

That's in preview right now.

You need a handset attached to a controller though which isn't any good. I'd love USB mic support

With their current market plans, I pretty much feel that Anyone that bought an Xbox one for exclusives is getting shafted. With ea access on PC, and Xbox exclusives coming to Windows 10, I have absolutely no reason to own one. Sure playing games in my living room is nice, but it's now makes more sense to just buy or build a more powerful living room PC. Especially with no cost to Xbox live on Windows 10.

and before people jump in and tell me "well yeah your still in microsofts ecosystem"- I bought a day 1 Xbox specifically to play Xbox exclusives. It wasn't free. Just like I bought a ps4 to play PlayStation exclusives, and the same for the wiiu.

With all the reasons to own an Xbox also coming to PC, I feel that there is absolutely no reason to have an Xbox also.

Genio88

Yes, enjoyed it for over two years right now, played great launch games like Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Titanfall, the gamepad is to me the best out there, Xbox Live is solid and now i love the fact that buying exclusive games on it i'll be able to play them on my Windows 10 PC too in their best version, but always with my gamertag, achievements and Xbox Live friends, also love the family sharing features which allow me to pay half for Gold subscription and me get games, sharing them with my brother...Will i buy Scorpio? no i have a gaming PC already, will i sell my Xbox One? no it still has lots to give to me, games with gold, console exclusives like Final Fantasy XV, and as i said i play multiplayer games there since i've got my brother and friends there

I play multiplats on PC and consoles are just for exclusives. That said, I have been extremely disappointed in Xbox One throughout this generation. PS4 has some of my favorite exclusives in Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Infamous, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clark, etc. I can't say the same for Xbox, where the only two games I think are really good are Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. Moreover, from a graphical standpoint, PS4 games simply blow Xbox One games out of the water. Just compare Sony's E3 showings to Microsoft E3 showings, and it's pretty clear Sony's first parties have a clear graphical advantage. While I have been somewhat impressed with what Microsoft's teams have been able to achieve on Xbox One, it's clear that the hardware is a massive handicap for them. I bought the Xbox One in January 2014, and I don't think I've even put 100 hours into it. Here's hoping the Scorpio can give Xbox a much needed power boost, and perhaps Microsoft studios can craft more compelling experiences.

oti

Banned
It's not my favourite console I own (in other words I don't use it as much as the others) but still, I can play Forza Horizon 2 right now. I couldn't do that on Win10 or with Scorpio. It's all relative is what I'm trying to say. I'm happy with the great experiences I've had with my Xbox One so far but I won't deny that it's an underwhelming console for me. I still enjoy my time with it though.

El-Suave

Why wouldn't you been happy? You know what you bought, MS brought some good games and the competition hasn't been stellar so far as far as first party support goes. The problems the system has/had all should have been known before the purchase and some have been corrected.

Bubba77

I have had a ton of great times with my day 1 xbox 1 even with the kinect! Forza Horizon 2 is still my game of gen. I have played XB1 FAR more than my PS4 or WiiU.

BUT, as a PC first gamer I am even more excited they have gone in this direction. Now I can play Forza Horizon 3 in 1440p? Gear? Hell yea!

I still may buy a slim this summer as Im getting a 4k tv and it seems to be the best deal on a 4k blu ray player. Kind of like the ps2 was to dvd and ps3 to blue ray

I do not like the OS at all but I did get to play Sunset Overdrive which is such an awesome game and otherwise I'm fine with it.

Don't have a 4K television but part of me wants the S just on design alone.

bennibop

Haven't used mine since before Xmas, have just got the box out the loft to sell it.
Replaced it with a pc and still using my ps4.

I love mine. Granted I have not had a gaming PC in 15 years and I do not see myself getting one again anytime soon so that gives you a little insight into my gaming life. I enjoy it much more than I did my Wii U.

I kind of still need it around because I can get physical Xbox game cheaper than on digital because of Amazon Canada's E3 pre order deals. I can live with owning all systems. Really looking forward to Recore, Forza Horizon 3 and Dead Rising 4

Maybe that's what I will do.
I was considering selling it to Gamestop for credit towards PSVR though.
Now to find out if my nephew actually wants a XB1.

He loves it, so I'm happy it's getting some use now. I tend not to sell anything, but also like stuff to be put to good use rather than kept in a cupboard.

I'm a day one buyer and it's been great. Just picked up Rise of The Tomb Raider for $25 at bestbuy today so I'm happy as a clam.

Playing Halo Wars 2 beta too.

TwiztidElf

I bought mine for Dead Rising3, Forza, etc. Has this gone away or something?
It's my least preferred console this gen, but despite this and having a capable PC, I'll still be picking up DR4 and FM3 on it.

SugarDave

I have a good PC so I'll be selling mine now that seemingly all first party games will be on PC too. I haven't played too many games on the thing but I don't have any complaints about the console.

Why wouldn't you been happy? You know what you bought, MS brought some good games and the competition hasn't been stellar so far as far as first party support goes. The problems the system has/had all should have been known before the purchase and some have been corrected.

Not really. I bought a kinect model and expected it to be put to use. And I also expected a larger, more diverse amount of first party games, but so far that hasn't happened. For me at least.

By far the least used console I've ever owned so I'm currently selling it. It literally has nothing coming out for it that I can't play elsewhere. It's a shame cause I was a massive 360 fan, but when I got into PC gaming at the end of last Gen I knew this would happen, I no longer need to own each console.

Revas

I've had my X1 since launch and I'd do it over again if I had the chance. I've enjoyed Titanfall and SSO quite a bit, as well as multiplats obviously. I love the Elite controller and we use our X1s as entertainment hubs since we don't have cable/satellite TV. My girlfriend even gets use out of the Kinect from time to time. I will likely upgrade to Scorpio next year, and Play Anywhere works for me as I will have access to my Xbox games when I'm traveling with just my laptop.

NolbertoS

Might be my last Xbox for me. As a multi-console owner have no incentive to get the Xbox if the games will be on PC too. It saves me money now on buying exlclusives for my other consoles. Also with this console spec leap expected for all consoles, might wait till the end of a conaole's life to get the last latest and greatest iteration before they jump to next gen.

Yep. Sunset Overdrive was the reason I bought it and I don't have a great PC ( I only really play Marvel Heroes on there right now). Ill probably buy a Neo when it comes out unless I can get a really cheap PS4 before then (my most wanted title on there, though, is replaying Dark Cloud 2).

Zero regrets. Question makes no sense though, buying X1 at launch back in '13 nobody were expecting or had any idea this announcement would happen..still, it doesn't changes a thing for me.

When Scorp launches will grab that day one like there's no tomorrow.

My friends are on the xbox and I'm not really into Playstation exclusive games. So yes I would have bought it again (had it since launch). What would I have done otherwise? Just waited 4 years for the scorpio and skip this generation?

OneUh8

I sold mine so I guess that is a no? Once they moved to bringing first part games to PC, that is all I needed really to drop it. I only had it for the exclusives, and personally they have been pretty mediocre thus far.

Mafro

Bought the Titanfall bundle shortly after it came out. Loved that but thought most of the exclusives disappointing (Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Rise of the Tomb Raider). Only really use it these days for a few BC games and UFC Fight Pass.

Probably wouldn't have bothered buying one in hindsight.

1upmuffin

Worth it for Halo and Sunset overdrive alone, although if I'd known everything was coming to PC I would have just waited. As it stands, I'll upgrade my rig going forward with Win10 & this will be my last Xbox console.

My thoughts exactly. Halo 5 and Sunset Overdrive are both awesome games.
Rare replay is also super fun. Enjoying the GWG games and EA Access as well, and backwards compatibility is nice.

BriGuy

Not especially. I don't think I've turned it on since RotTR came out. I'm not really thrilled with any of the consoles this gen though.

weevles

Its secondary to my ps4, but I love it. Especially for mutiplat titles and ms exclusives. I appreciate that can also save way more stuff on it thanks to the external drive support. I'll probably get an S and eventually a Scorpio. I'll get a neo and an NX too cause that's just how I am.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
It's the console I tend to use the most often since it a) doesn't sound like it's about to blow up any second, and b) where most of my friends pick up multiplayer games on.

Very happy with it. Tempted to trade up to an S for the year before grabbing a Scorpio. I might use the excuse of giving my current One to the gf so I can buy an S.

Two Words

Well, that's exactly how I feel with the PS4 and Bloodborne . Sure, there are plenty of other games I've bought and enjoyed for the system, but Bloodborne was the killer app for me.

You say that, but I just don't believe it. If Bloodborne was literally only available on a $400 piece of hardware, I absolutely believe you'd refuse to buy that purely out of principle.

sam777

Yep, by the time Scorpio launches it will be 4 years after the Xbox One released, which is a good amount of time tbh, I will no doubt get a Scorpio when it launches.

mhayze

Happier now with the Xbox One, after this E3 showing, compared to any point since it's launch (although the backwards compat. announcement was close).

Top Bottom