• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Existing Xbox One owners - are you still happy with your purchase?

Gowans

Ive had a blast on my Xbone, it's 95% of my gaming and I'm so locked in with all my mates being on there too that my PC gets ignored and this is the first gen I don't have a PlayStation yet.

LOVE my Elite controller too.

EA Access, Games with Gold & Back Compat have me more than full on games too.
EA Access has been a must.

HokieJoe

It's got Rare Replay.... and that's about it.

The 'system', the OS, the build quality, the way it installs games, the way controller drop out all the time - it's shit.

I can't speak for the rest of the game library because I can't get past the lack of quality in the core box to bother to invest my money in games on it.

The build quality? It has great build quality.

I am happy with my purchase. Though if I had known future Xbox exclusives would also come to the PC I wouldn't have bought one initially. I loved my 360 back in the day but since then I have fully transitioned over to the PC gaming space where I'm perfectly happy at the moment.

This will probably end up being my last console though.

Absolutely, love my X1 and play it nearly everyday. My collection is at 236 games now, and I'm buying more all the time. I cannot wait for Scorpio to drop so I can upgrade but I'm absolutely happy with my purchase.

SwolBro

Banned
Worth every penny so far. Microsoft has dropped big time games far earlier than their competition, why wouldn't anyone be absolutely thrilled with their purchase to this point? You got everything you thought you'd be getting with the Xbox and then some.

It's an odd post to consider people wouldn't be happy with such a console. By the end of this year it'd have delivered 2 of their biggest franchises, plus a few fantastic exclusives. How does any of this change because they JUST announced that games will be coming to the PC? These threads lol

Hargenx

Worth it for Halo and Sunset overdrive alone, although if I'd known everything was coming to PC I would have just waited. As it stands, I'll upgrade my rig going forward with Win10 & this will be my last Xbox console.

Sadly this...

Really love the console, but if everything is coming to PC now, and I already have a PCgamer, so...

Thorgi

It has some pretty great games but nearly everything else I try to do with it ends in frustration. The download times are awful, video apps have consistently had performance problems for me, the store is even more confusing to navigate than the PS4's, and load times leave a lot to be desired.

Unless I'm in the mood for Halo 5 or Forza 6, or something else comes along, I don't turn it on that often, my multiplatform games get bought on PC or PS4, and it recently lost its power brick spot in favor of the Vive.

SwolBro

Banned
I never get the "it was worth it for X game alone" comments. Like, saying that would mean that you would have spent $400 on a piece of hardware that can literally only play one game. Maybe some of you guys are living in a different financial stratosphere, because I could never imagine doing that for any game.
And your post makes absolutely no sense at all. You're equating value with how many titles you play? If one person plays 1 game every day, and another person plays 7 different games a week, what difference is it in terms of value? If a die hard Halo fan bought the xbox for halo, and sunk hours into the game, that's value for him that is worth $400.

I have so called "gamer" friends that buy games all the time, and they barely finish most of them or when they finish it they never go back. How are they getting more value than me because i sink a serious amount of time on 1 or 2 titles?

xemumanic

Yeah.

And if I had a 4K HDR-capable display, then I would have traded it in for an S as well, and then maybe trade that in after I get the Scorpio.

Voho

Yeah! And I'm also going to love my Xbox One S until scorpio hits. Just because it's getting replaced doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the time I've had with it.

witness

Love it, such great exclusives and services like EA Access and back compat. Forza Horizon 2 alone was worth it with how my wife and I bonded over it. Can't put a price tag on that.

Ennosuke

I bought it day one and at that time it was the right decision. These days I barely use it, I play all the other games on PS4 and PC. I use it sometimes for multimedia, but also here PC is replacing the Xbox.

I really do miss great exclusive titles. FH3 is one of those, but whysl should I play it on my Xbox? I guess on PC it will look better.

Sunset Overdrive was amazing. Fh2 and FM6 are good games, but besides this? Halo 5 and Tombraider were okay, but nothing special to me.

Used to be a huge xbox fan.

I dont play my ps4 or xbox one, PC has been winning me over by ten folds, i think both consoles are lacking severely in my opinion, love PS4 exclusives but all the games i want are a year off or years off, xbox lacks in exclusive original first party IPs (minus the rare game looks interesting)

but other then that just utterly disappointed in consoles in general.

topplehat

I bought one for Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, 360 BC, and kinda Halo MCC. In that regard it has been great.

Going forward I'm unsure how much I will use it since I have a decent gaming PC, and most exclusives seem to be available on Windows 10.

Rocketz

Love the system. Play it almost daily. I will be a good 4 years next fall by the time Scorpio comes out so if all goes well I will be upgrading then.

Not really. It's my least favorite Xbox console and my least favorite of the 3 current gen consoles out today.

I bought the SO white Xbox one edition (oddly enough still need to play that) as I liked the white look, and with MCC about to come out (what could go wrong there) seemed like a good place to start. Now for me this gen I was only getting the Xbox one for their exclusives. Similar to most games last gen were 360, with the PS3 for exclusives. But MS just hasn't produced the kind of first party content that excites me or was I guess what I was hoping. And now games are going to PC which I have a good enough machine to run them, Icdomt know what to do with the machine or their games.

It's not all bad. I'm loving what I see in sea of thieves and FH3 looks like a lot of fun (again Fh2 I have but haven't gotten around to it).

And the console "quality of life" for the machine drives me nuts. I can't STAND the long install times for games. Especially disc games. Like what in the world is it doing? It becomes really apparent when I boot it up after using the Pse and it's quick installs. Also I hate the UI. Even with the revamp I find it hard to know when to hit guide, or a button, where to go, etc. I like to think I'm pretty flexible with UIs. I relearned all 3 or so 360 ones with no problem and they were fine. But this Xbox Ui I can't figure it out (don't get me started with snapping things. I cuddle around until it finally happens).

So no Scorpio for me. Maybe win 10 for games but since it'll be digital there won't be good sales or launch retail discounts. So I dunno

I'm very happy. Microsoft giving us their exclusives on Windows 10? Can't complain about that.

I hope I never need an Xbox again. Saves me around one console purchase every two years.

outsida

I use it occasionally haven't had much time lately. My son and my family use it all the time though. I've gotten my money worth from it easily.

Why wouldn't I be happy? Kind of presumptuous to assume things are bad and that I need to justify myself. I bought the console day one and I plan to buy scorpio day one as well.

willbsn13

Great console, don't PC game and still extremely happy with my purchase for a few reasons

- EA Access is brilliant value deal - so many hours used trialing games and playing games in the vault
- Backward Compatibility - Great feature, and they continue to expand on it. Also fantastic for playing games you missed out on last gen (Stick of Truth being one of them for me)
- Forza - FM6+FH2+ incoming FH3..nuff said
- Other exclusives (since I don't PC Game) ala Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive.
- UI/functionality improvements since launch. Launch was a messy time for Xbox, but it's been a much improved experience since the one we got on launch.

TaterTots

Banned
Once Gears UE was announced for PC I sold my XB1. I knew this would happen. I'll still purchase their games on PC, but I don't need a XB system.

Rizific

No. I keep repeating the same thing in x1 threads. If I would have known ahead of time about the play anywhere stuff, I wouldn't have bothered with x1.

Matticers

Moderately happy, I suppose. I've used it far less than my PS4 and a little less than my Wii U. But overall, I'm content. I'll probably upgrade to the S when it comes out.

EA Access and Games with Gold has pretty much saved it for me.

Honestly, no. I've been disappointed with the exclusives I bought the system for, and all future games I still do want to play are also coming out for PC and would rather play them on there.

Only reason I still have it is to play with friends.

Is it as loud as the PS4?

I guess? I have both and they've been pretty quiet since I've bought them.

modsbox

Bought one on release day, sold it and then bought a sunset overdrive white LE bundle.

Since then have bought Halo MCC, Halo 5, Quantum Break. Also Dead Rising 3, Ori.

Thoroughly disappointed. It sits in a drawer disconnected most of the time because it's too large to sit under my TV (where the PS4 and WiiU are).

Meanwhile I have a 2 PS4s on two TVs, and 2 WiiUs which we use all the time.

If they ever make Crackdown 1 XB1 compatible I'm in, other than that, yeah. Not a fan. The UI is awful, and every time I do plug the thing in I spend an hour doing updates to games and OS.

It's really disappointing, much like PS3 was for me for the first few years.

Top Bottom