• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. Community Thread: "Dungeons? Yeah we got Dungeons."

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to imply that the LE doesn't come with the soundtrack. Both the LE and first-print regular edition should come with it.

I still hate how massive the stupid box is lol. Considering I will have like 4 of them somewhere in the apartment once the US version arrives too. 2 JP + Babel + US Aby.

Kudo

At least its not the size of the Bravely Second LE since that shit is just wrong lol

I'd draw the line when the shipping is more than the LE itself because of the box size. Bravely Second LE was really beautiful too, I guess I have a thing for big boxes, beautiful art in the front too.
What kind of LE did Babel come with btw? Was it huge too since you mentioned it?

Parakeetman

I'd draw the line when the shipping is more than the LE itself because of the box size. Bravely Second LE was really beautiful too, I guess I have a thing for big boxes, beautiful art in the front too.
What kind of LE did Babel come with btw? Was it huge too since you mentioned it?

Same thing it came with the game, artbook and Op Abyss / Op Babel OST + short version of the Op Babel opening theme.

ooSYAYC.png

Good that they included the Abyss OST also, since only a very small portion of people got it in Japan from the Sofmap pre-order.

Apparently it worked, since I heard LEs are all sold out. Though am not sure if restock was done. With the Abyss LE in Japan you could find that thing waaaaaaaaay well after the game was released. I think thats due to it only having that art book inside and for the massive size only the hardcore fans picked it up. But MAGES must have overestimated numbers of sales. Interesting what an OST packaged in can do lol.

Though then again in general Exp Inc OSTs are kinda rare in general. Esp ones that are by games published by Exp Inc. Though it looks like for some of their OSTs they get help from larger publishing entities like Kadokawa lately. Such as with the Stranger of Sword City OST.

Id show you a photo of what it looks like opened up but mine is still sealed as I also have a standard retail version which I got the day before release. Couldnt find a pic on the net of what it looks like just did a quick search. Maybe Crovax has a photo or Dorarnae since they both have theirs and its opened up.

Parakeetman

Think tonight that Cross News online streaming show will have some new info about Ray Gigant. Though its for those with niconico accounts. No idea if they will IP restrict it also as it has happened in the past before.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv218627701

Starts from JST 2030 - 2200

Also there is Ray Gigant voice dramas 1 & 2 on the OHP all in Japanese obviously.
http://raygigant.bngames.net/special/voicedrama.html

Finally the new T.M. Revolution album 天 has been released which also contains the song AMAKAZE -天風- used for the protagonist Amakaze Ichiya.

These were the 6 fan voted Disgaea 5 character portraits (non main characters) which will appear in the free DLC portrait pack for Operation Babel.

Ohnonono

This is my new favorite game company. Demon Gaze is just that good IMO. Can't wait for Op. Abyss, and I am REALLY hoping for Stranger in the Sword City and Ray Gigant. If it comes out in English I will buy them all.

CrovaxPSO

I wasn't able to stay up for the Kuronyu stream unfortunately. Anyone manage to catch it? I wonder if there was any information besides what was in the magazine article this week.

Parakeetman

I wasn't able to stay up for the Kuronyu stream unfortunately. Anyone manage to catch it? I wonder if there was any information besides what was in the magazine article this week.

stupid phone was not working right with the site ill have to check if they will have archives later

CrovaxPSO

Gematsu posted an article about Dengeki's latest update on Ray Gigant. The Forced Parasite state sounds pretty interesting since it would let you use abilities that you normally couldn't if your AP was too low. Hoping for some more gameplay-focused PVs soon.

Parakeetman

Gematsu posted an article about Dengeki's latest update on Ray Gigant. The Forced Parasite state sounds pretty interesting since it would let you use abilities that you normally couldn't if your AP was too low. Hoping for some more gameplay-focused PVs soon.

I wish I didnt miss that cross news bit bout ray gigant since was curious as to what they showed off / talked about on it.

Parakeetman

Costumes? Ray Gigant's graphics style didn't strike me as the type that could accommodate costumes.

Nothing related to in game content it seems some preorder itens with certain stores seem to already all be accounted for also? since 3 stores were greyed out on the OHP list

CrovaxPSO

Costumes? Ray Gigant's graphics style didn't strike me as the type that could accommodate costumes.

Not costumes, that's just (I assume) placeholder art for the actual pre-order bonus items. It shows which characters will appear on each item (bromide, tapestry/poster, etc).

Parakeetman

Not costumes, that's just (I assume) placeholder art for the actual pre-order bonus items. It shows which characters will appear on each item (bromide, tapestry/poster, etc).

yeah its just artwork showing which characters will be included in the preorder extras.

its too bad the OST will be digital only instead of a physical bonus. makes me think bannam is trying to keep the costs down.

dkoy

Nothing related to in game content it seems some preorder itens with certain stores seem to already all be accounted for also? since 3 stores were greyed out on the OHP list

Aah makes sense. My mind just flew to costumes when I saw character portraits.

Parakeetman

Dengeki video interview with gameplay footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-p2_5cF4x4

Gameplay starts at 5:11.

General information with the more important points talked about during the gameplay segment. Left out what they were talking about before the gameplay footage starts. But basically Bandai Namco went to Exp Inc after having been interested in their work after Demon Gaze was released. After that Bandai Namco worked on initiating talks in regards to doing a project together / scheduling etc.

Interesting there will be no random encounters in the games dungeons.

Able to tell enemy strength by color of icons. Enemy strength also effects the rate at which AP is used higher for stronger and lower for weaker.
  • Blue - AP use halved (weak)
  • Yellow - Normal AP use (normal)
  • Red - AP use doubled (strong)

No exp system either, characters "level up" via resources found in the dungeon or from enemies.

All commands are entered before combat starts, then after entering what commands you want the characters to use you activate the action phase where all actions are performed.

The initial 3 commands are Run / Repeat / Manual (entry of commands) Repeat would show up after you input commands at least once would imagine. Similar to the repeat command system they use with other titles.

Each character type is weak / strong against certain enemy types.

AP is taken from the pool in the upper left corner, so if you go and waste a bunch in one turn you will have less for the next round limiting your actions. Though it does regenerate during combat by doing things like waiting out turns and such. You do not actually have to use all characters in a turn. Can even fully skip using anyone if you want.

Game has the auto movement system, which allows the player to set a point and game will move the player to that location.

Able to see Boss HP during battle.

They are currently unable to say what the SBM gauge in the right corner is. Wonder if it has to do with the Forced Parasite System?
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/ray-gigant-details-nil-chapter

Different ranges apparently also is broken up by characters.
  • Long range = Magic
  • Mid range = Ranged weapons
  • Close range = Melee weapons.

Jinbo Naoki is doing music for the game again it seems. 41 tracks will be on the first print bonus downloadable soundtrack.

Thats about it for the video of what people should actually know from it.

Seeing how different the system is makes me wonder how fans in Japan will react to it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just finished demon gaze.

That was a totally ok game. A game you can have fun with.

Looking forward to operation abyss now.

Antiwhippy

I do hope the dungeon design will be better though, or at least better faster, because I thought the dungeons only got interesting once you went to the castle.

Or is this par for the course for Experience Inc. games?

Parakeetman

I do hope the dungeon design will be better though, or at least better faster, because I thought the dungeons only got interesting once you went to the castle.

Or is this par for the course for Experience Inc. games?

Hmm it depends really, the one thing about Operation Abyss is that its based off of an older title. Though I will say that some of the dungeons were interesting in the game.

A game that had maybe the most unique designs out of them all would have been Stranger of Sword City. Due to each dungeon being fairly different. Although some people may hate how you will have to pass through other dungeons to access later ones for areas that do not have direct portals.

But for the most part they do not do anything overly complex like some of the later dungeons in the Elminage series by Starfish. Though those games are based more off the classical Wizardry design.

Antiwhippy

It's a shame that they aren't bringing over stranger in sword city then. I thought the art for that game is phenomenal.

Parakeetman

It's a shame that they aren't bringing over stranger in sword city then. I thought the art for that game is phenomenal.

Not yet, considering that NISA still has to release Operation Abyss first. Plus oversaturation never is a good thing, so there would be a period of time in between that. For Japan for example there was about a half a years period between titles.

Am pretty sure that SoSC will come to the west via NISA considering the all in one package delivery they can do via their storefront in both the US and EU. On top of being known for packing in extras with the game. As I would imagine that NISA will have purchased rights to distribute the OST also similar to what they did with Op Abyss.

The only question is when, since Op Abyss got delayed that throws a bit of a wrench into the release roadmap had in mind with the title possibly having made it out in the West by this Winter.

If they had secured the rights early enough also its quite possible that their localization team is already done with the script and waiting for all of the other process with actual localization to begin depending on what their internal schedule is.

hopefully

With the amount of positive word of mouth the title has gotten just for the artwork alone most def NISA will not let that chance get away if it indeed is them who had secured the rights to the title. Reason why it was not out earlier was due to NISA having other things in their own release / production roadmap which included Abyss. :) Takes them longer as NISA deals with multiple products / games, where as Exp Inc all they do is literally just make DRPGs. Pretty much Ray Gigant will be the first title that is a little different from the norm, but think part of that has to do with working with Bandai Namco on the project.

----

In regards to Op Babel, will have to see how Abyss does. Since regardless if things like pre-orders go well we are unsure of what kind of numbers MAGES is expecting as they are the ones who hold the rights for the project apparently. Then on top of that would imagine the game would be something that will get pushed out in 2016 if it does manage to get localized. Which I would hope for fans in the West that it does considering it finishes the original Generation Xth arc allowing for them to close the book on the series, until at least "if" Exp Inc and MAGES or whoever else they work with goes an greenlights a Cross Blood remake in the same way the first 3 games became Abyss / Babel. Though might be a bit harder considering there have been multiple versions of Cross Blood out already and fatigue has shown with each version from consumers. So not sure if they would plan to do that or not considering that fact. As for the most part the plot would be the same along with the dungeon designs.

At the moment now Id have to move Op Babel into the unknown category from my original statement.

CrovaxPSO

Back to Cross Blood Infinity for now now that the Babel platinum is finished up. Starting over again in Infinity mode. Attempted to (poorly) recreate some of the Abyss/Babel portraits because I have too much free time.

7Bght9G.jpg

Dorarnae

Back to Cross Blood Infinity for now now that the Babel platinum is finished up. Starting over again in Infinity mode. Attempted to (poorly) recreate some of the Abyss/Babel portraits because I have too much free time.

7Bght9G.jpg

the platinum in cross blood is a little bit harder, finding all the locker can be a pain, at least the location of them are on the wiki if you miss some.

CrovaxPSO

the platinum in cross blood is a little bit harder, finding all the locker can be a pain, at least the location of them are on the wiki if you miss some.

I think I remember one of the rare item trophies (maybe the infinity mode one) being really hard but then I think they made it a little easier in one of the patches?

I forgot how much they improved the menus for Abyss/Babel compared to Cross Blood haha. And no fast battle repeat command.

Dorarnae

I think I remember one of the rare item trophies (maybe the infinity mode one) being really hard but then I think they made it a little easier in one of the patches?

I forgot how much they improved the menus for Abyss/Babel compared to Cross Blood haha. And no fast battle repeat command.

menu in cross blood aren't that bad, but yeah you'll miss the fast battle hehe.

and yeah the trophie for the set item in infinity mode is the hardest if you don't have the patch(like it didn't drop after 60-70ish hours of farming lol). with the patch I think it's not too bad, well it wasn't too bad on Ultimate version. you also have one extra boss and the awesome lvl 90 muramasa :)

CrovaxPSO

menu in cross blood aren't that bad, but yeah you'll miss the fast battle hehe.

and yeah the trophie for the set item in infinity mode is the hardest if you don't have the patch(like it didn't drop after 60-70ish hours of farming lol). with the patch I think it's not too bad, well it wasn't too bad on Ultimate version. you also have one extra boss and the awesome lvl 90 muramasa :)

Having to give each party member items before you can equip them is the thing I'm glad they changed.

Also forgot that you have to actually bring the items to the XPD guys in the dungeons haha.

Dorarnae

Having to give each party member items before you can equip them is the thing I'm glad they changed.

yeah and no. I kind of preferred having to equip items on character, main reason was because you have to give everyone some lvl decoy and other stuff but you were limited on space a bit.
on babel I just bought a few stack of 99 decoy...had a bunch of open pandora and other items that everyone could do.

In the end it's pretty much the same thing, it's just you never have to worry about it on babel.

Parakeetman

Wonder if they will ever do a Cross Blood remake, though Id imagine if they would still will be a good time off considering that Demon Gaze 2 and that SoR2 which will be an XBO title is still down the line. Think there is one other title also but forgot what it was...

Parakeetman

I hope they'll at least port it to pc like Stranger of sword city...

Am pretty sure they will. Then finally a Vita version. Considering that outside of the original Xth series, everything has made its way to the PSP or Vita. Though am wondering if MS will be paying them to keep it as a timed exclusive or if they will just release all at the same time.

CrovaxPSO

Thinking of changing my lineup a bit for Infinity Mode to have 3 front row instead of 3 back row. Current setup is Knight/Monk and Samurai/Warrior in front and Scholar/Wizard, Wizard/Cleric, and Cleric/Wizard in back. I'm still pretty early but Warrior/Samurai seems like it might be worth adding in place of the Scholar, but then I'm not sure where to sub Scholar. It's not like I'm having any problems yet with the setup I have but Warrior can do so much damage later on in the game.

Dorarnae

Thinking of changing my lineup a bit for Infinity Mode to have 3 front row instead of 3 back row. Current setup is Knight/Monk and Samurai/Warrior in front and Scholar/Wizard, Wizard/Cleric, and Cleric/Wizard in back. I'm still pretty early but Warrior/Samurai seems like it might be worth adding in place of the Scholar, but then I'm not sure where to sub Scholar. It's not like I'm having any problems yet with the setup I have but Warrior can do so much damage later on in the game.

I think overall you'll be fine but underwater area will be rough hehe.

I played with front: Knight/assassin, Samurai/assassin, assassin/scholar
back: wizard/cleric, cleric/summoner.(I wanted to try it, but I am not liking it very much except maybe one spell)

and eventually I changed things a bit once I had gear for something like:
front: SIZ/Ilith,Samurai/assasin,assassin/samurai
back: Wizard/cleric, Cleric/Ilith(would put back wizard when I wasn't farming)

CrovaxPSO

Pretty much caught up to where I was my first time playing Cross Blood, took me way longer to get here the first time though haha. Since I had pretty much no idea what I was doing. Surprised I actually got as far as I did to be honest.

Looks like there's no Enfloat spell in Cross Blood? Guess I'll have to try to get the ring items for everyone.

Parakeetman

Pretty much caught up to where I was my first time playing Cross Blood, took me way longer to get here the first time though haha. Since I had pretty much no idea what I was doing. Surprised I actually got as far as I did to be honest.

Looks like there's no Enfloat spell in Cross Blood? Guess I'll have to try to get the ring items for everyone.

Seems like it the wiki lists spells that appear to be removed as the following

JP wiki link

エンマップ、スリープエラー、エンフロート、フィアーエラー、クレイジーエラー、パラライズエラー、メランコリエラー、エンデフォルト、ウィズクロス

CrovaxPSO

Seems like it the wiki lists spells that appear to be removed as the following

JP wiki link

エンマップ、スリープエラー、エンフロート、フィアーエラー、クレイジーエラー、パラライズエラー、メランコリエラー、エンデフォルト、ウィズクロス

Interesting. The shop still sells the open map item but only the 2nd tier float ring. Was going to try to save my gamble codes but I might have to use some to try to get the rings. Or I could just skip this quest for now since it's optional.

Dorarnae

Interesting. The shop still sells the open map item but only the 2nd tier float ring. Was going to try to save my gamble codes but I might have to use some to try to get the rings. Or I could just skip this quest for now since it's optional.

it's still there but maybe another name, it's a level 7 wizard spell...you need it or item with float to finish the game.

CrovaxPSO

it's still there but maybe another name, it's a level 7 wizard spell...you need it or item with float to finish the game.

Ohh I see it now, haha. Was it that late in the original Xth games as well or did they make it lower level for Operation Abyss?

CrovaxPSO

One of the things I really like about Cross Blood is how they use the various insert songs for tougher than normal fights or bosses. Probably too expensive to do that nowadays unfortunately.

Decided to tap around in the school to read some text bubbles and saw this one, someone bought Students of the Round haha.

Parakeetman

Its going to be amusing watching peoples reactions when they see how large the LE box is lol.

One of the things I really like about Cross Blood is how they use the various insert songs for tougher than normal fights or bosses. Probably too expensive to do that nowadays unfortunately.

Decided to tap around in the school to read some text bubbles and saw this one, someone bought Students of the Round haha.

that is pretty great, its like how in abyss / babel for the Akiba backdrop there are large advertisements of their previous games.

Its going to be amusing watching peoples reactions when they see how large the LE box is lol.

that is pretty great, its like how in abyss / babel for the Akiba backdrop there are large advertisements of their previous games.
I posted about it on the PSN Thread, I was pretty excited for it but my funds took a heavy hit, and I won't be able to get the LE anymore... Good on NISA for putting a relatively nice package still for the regular edition though, I will be getting that one instead. Because I live in Canada, with shipping the LE would cost me $90 and I just can't do it right now... Oh well.

On a side note, Parakeet your new avy is fucking adorable LOL. Mind if I ask where it is from?

Parakeetman

I posted about it on the PSN Thread, I was pretty excited for it but my funds took a heavy hit, and I won't be able to get the LE anymore... Good on NISA for putting a relatively nice package still for the regular edition though, I will be getting that one instead. Because I live in Canada, with shipping the LE would cost me $90 and I just can't do it right now... Oh well.

On a side note, Parakeet your new avy is fucking adorable LOL. Mind if I ask where it is from?

Its from the series Utawarerumono. Was originally a PS2 game and then it got ported onto the PSP which am currently playing on my Vita. Its a game similar to the design of Tears to Tiara II in the sense that its mostly a visual novel with SRPG battles thrown in there.

Unfortunately Utawarerumono was never released in the US it seems. Though it seems fan translations do exist if one searches for it.

Though there is going to be a new game in the series coming out in Japan in September on all Sony platforms. So with that in mind maybe Atlus will eventually localize it for the PS4 / PSV.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049409

There was an anime also but am unsure if its available on US / Canada streaming sites. I cant really check it from here as I usually get IP blocked.

Some of the Utawarerumono characters also show up in the fightin ggame AquaPazza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ye5he-yql4

Its a shame you will be missing out on the LE but at least its just the artbook mainly as NISA was nice enough to include the OST with the standard version too.

Top Bottom