• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extreme bodybuilders scare the shit out of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymmv

Banned
MiDNiGHTS said:
In this thread we state the obvious? Also,

1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBBWMRRWOrM&feature=related

Ugh... how could anyone be so dumb ...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
yawn I despise that fucking freak loser. Anything to talk bad about steroids with gregg retard valentino as their posterchild.

Look , I'm not advocating the use of AAS or saying theyre good/bad. But when it comes to that balloon freak its not about steroids its about fucking synthol.

" A site enhancement oil (SEO) is a liquid substance, usually a mixture of oils, used by some bodybuilders to increase the apparent size of some muscles. The effects of SEOs are purely cosmetic and there is no increase in muscular performance. "

Those arent muscles on his biceps, its what it looks like that is skinballoons filled with liquids

Dead Man

Corky said:
yawn I despise that fucking freak loser. Anything to talk bad about steroids with gregg retard valentino as their posterchild.

Look , I'm not advocating the use of AAS or saying theyre good/bad. But when it comes to that balloon freak its not about steroids its about fucking synthol.

" A site enhancement oil (SEO) is a liquid substance, usually a mixture of oils, used by some bodybuilders to increase the apparent size of some muscles. The effects of SEOs are purely cosmetic and there is no increase in muscular performance. "

Those arent muscles on his biceps, its what it looks like that is skinballoons filled with liquids
While I think there are many legitimate concerns surrounding extreme body building, I agree, synthol is it's own special kind of stupidity:

6zlX1.jpg

Aurora

Funny thing is, these guys aren't anywhere near as strong as you'd think. Their muscles are very weak relative to their size. They're just optimised to look super defined but their functionality is severely reduced. Compare the bodies of the World's Strongest Man contestants which are way more stocky and less defined but far stronger.

yacobod

Banned
Aurora said:
Funny thing is, these guys aren't anywhere near as strong as you'd think. Their muscles are very weak relative to their size. They're just optimised to look super defined but their functionality is severely reduced. Compare the bodies of the World's Strongest Man contestants which are way more stocky and less defined but far stronger.

5x worlds strongest man mariusz pudzianowski says sup

pic1.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
MiDNiGHTS said:
Not really...

gropenator.jpg

I'd honestly rather have Arnold's physique in the 70s/80s and live with the physique he has in his sixties than just a normal non-bodybuilders physique. Well, a fraction of his physique (the fraction that doesn't need steroids!)

Aurora said:
Compared to this:

What is the point of posting ridiculously shopped images like this? And bodybuilders know they are not as strong as powerlifters or strongmen, they train almost exclusively for mass and symmetry and are not concerned with being the strongest in the world. But do not be deluded into thinking they are weak, most of the top bodybuilders are seriously strong.

BlueTsunami said:
I'd honestly rather have Arnold's physique in the 70s/80s and live with the physique he has in his sixties than just a normal non-bodybuilders physique. Well, a fraction of his physique (the fraction that doesn't need steroids!)
Aye dude looks alot better than most 70+ year olds :lol

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
yacobod said:
5x worlds strongest man mariusz pudzianowski says sup

pic1.jpg
It is somewhat true in a most/many cases, though, as bodybuilders are building for looks, mass, symmetry, etc. whereas the World's Strongest Man contestants are building for strength. There's obviously some crossover but the two groups are going for different overall goals. To take it to highly exaggerated extremes, a bodybuilder doesn't care if he could barely pick up his own shoes if he looks good enough to win contests whereas a WSM contestant wouldn't care if he looked like a 12 year old boy as long as he could drag a train.

That doesn't mean bodybuilders aren't still strong as hell, though.

Szu

Aurora said:

That's somewhat true. Relative to their body size, they are stronger than the "average" person but it's not always by a huge margin. However, during their off-season, most bodybuilders look stockier and less defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom