• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2013 being revealed tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Doing models for the cars and tracks is not the same thing as updating rosters and kits. You are comparing apples to oranges in regards to development.

When cars are only revealed in January, you can't truly expect a game to be ready for launch in less than 2 months.

This. Sure it would be nice to have them at the beginning of the season but it's technically impossible to do that.

From T4RG4 twitter account I would be shocked about F1 2013 is not a PS4/Xbone game. He even mentioned the AI being powered by The Cloud

I'm not saying that what I was told is correct but it came straight from a Codies dev, obviously I've taken it with a pinch of salt and others should too.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I think anyone hoping for a Wii U version is going to be disappointed.

w6I4yHP.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Six SKUs? No Wii U and Vita? Maybe one of them is just showing the "Limited Edition" (there's a label you can see on one of them), so just five SKUs: PS3, 360, PC, PS4 and One.

EDIT: Yes, I feel the game isn't coming on 3DS, I don't remember F1 2011 selling well enough. However, if anyone asks we'd have the confirmation.

Megasoum

Banned
If they do announce a next gen version tomorrow, I wonder if we'll finally get an answer regarding the steering wheel support. Driveclub and Forza devs have been mostly useless so far.

NHale

Six SKUs? No Wii U and Vita? Maybe one of them is just showing the "Limited Edition" (there's a label you can see on one of them), so just five SKUs: PS3, 360, PC, PS4 and One.

It surely seems that way. All of the other 5 covers have the same color scheme and the "Edition" one is a little more yellow.

It's not a Day One Edition Xbox One game because by the Forza 5 cover it seems that editions are marked by "Day One 2013" on the cover.

Milestone did a great job with MotoGP 13 on Vita this year and Codies is much bigger than them, they sure could build a team to port it :/ Also, F1 2011 Vita still shows up in the best-selling games on PSN.

It's just T4RG4 tweeting like usual. Just look at the WiiU comment from him, if you make PS3/Xbox versions, you can clearly do a WiiU version without having to do a "different game just to run on the WiiU". Maybe you have to compromise some graphical aspects but you don't have to do a "different game" that's complete excuses and lies, a trademark from Codeinterns studios.

NHale

another reason to pray that someone else get the freaking F1 license from these incompetent devs soon.

I want good F1 on my handhelds, I want good F1 on my consoles and PC.

They will say they released F1 2011 on the Vita and it sold poorly, so why bother?

What they forget is that the vita version was just a slightly improved PSP game (the game looks and plays horribly) and they released it 2 weeks before the start of the 2012 season. You don't need a genius to figure why the game failed to sell like they wanted (even comparing with other launch titles).

But still Sony is the biggest culprit because it failed to build a healthy userbase for the Vita.

another reason to pray that someone else get the freaking F1 license from these incompetent devs soon.

I want good F1 on my handhelds, I want good F1 on my consoles and PC.

I thought people generally liked Codemasters? I definitely enjoyed Dirt & Dirt 2, Grid and F1 2012.

HenryHSH

The last 3 iterations were a buggy mess, and have had the same dev cycle. This game is also going to be a buggy mess and will NEED a patch to be playable. Even after the patch, there will be plenty of bugs left but Codemasters will move on to their next project because they don't give a fuck.

I'll pass. :(

Nice to see we'll be getting the classic F1 cars!

Thing is, who would pick it up? EA? Ubi? Activision?

Codemasters might be the best place for it at the moment.

Sony should acquire the licence back and either resurrect Studio Liverpool or let Polyphony Digital see what they could do with it.

Can anyone ever understand WHY that regardless of developer, publisher etc. throughout the history of F1 games, they are NEVER ready when the season starts?

Present 2013 version tomorrow, when half the season is done? When is it released then? When the season has ended? I will never get this policy. Just imagine FIFA, NHL etc. doing this. No right, that's not imaginable...
Because you probably don't follow f1 at all.

Most of the time teams are revealing their cars around mid january to mid feb, and the season starts late march. There's also alot of changes on the car before the season stars, it could be some aero part or even the livery. These things are confidential and of course they don't want the opposing team to get their secret sauce. So that's why. Plus this good too so that devs can get the cars right.

If they do announce a next gen version tomorrow, I wonder if we'll finally get an answer regarding the steering wheel support. Driveclub and Forza devs have been mostly useless so far.

They've said PS3 wheels work with DriveClub... on devkits, for retail, wheel providers need to provide official PS4 drivers, but so far Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmaster aren't saying shit which means Sony and Microsoft are fucking both userbases over.

And who cares what Codemasters has to say about wheels? They couldn't program proper wheel support to save their lives. Shithouse devshop.

Staab

How is anyone getting excited for this ?

All of their titles have been released in fucking terrible shape, needing between 4 and 13 patches to even play correctly (most bugs never get fixed).
The last game especially was a huge joke, their online is very unreliable (great for a game where you spend 2hours driving one race...) and they make minuscule updates from one version to the other (oh and they remove features too... and circuits..).

Yeah, didn't buy 2012 because of 2011 and still won't be buying this one.

The F1 license is funny. So many restrictions on Codemasters. They showing a game that's coming out near September in July. Which makes little sense at all. Apparently that was down to FIA.
They normally announce earlier though, so why the change?

We normally get regular updates with the dev diary.

Nothing this year!

I wish they'd skip a year and sort the release date out. It releases too far into the season.

Sony should acquire the licence back and either resurrect Studio Liverpool or let Polyphony Digital see what they could do with it.

FIA got greedy and wanted a shit ton of money for the license didn't they which is why Sony gave it up? If PD had it we'd get one ever 5 years.

The game needs to be on multiple platforms just as much as he likes of Fifa and Madden.

Spades

They won't do it, but I've been longing for retro F1 cars as unlockables or whatever every single year a console F1 game is released.

2S6CB0U.png

Wow, ouch. Perhaps if games were created for the system which were worth bothering with, more people would be tempted to purchase one? Isn't that the way it works? I mean at least they stuck a (mediocre) 2011 port on there I guess so I won't get too shitty, but what the fuck.

I hope they pull their finger out with the next edition compared to last year, F1 2012 didnt make much 'financial sense' to my bank balance considering how little work appeared to have been done.

What they forget is that the vita version was just a slightly improved PSP game (the game looks and plays horribly) and they released it 2 weeks before the start of the 2012 season. You don't need a genius to figure why the game failed to sell like they wanted.

A million times this. The time they release these games in general is horrible in my opinion. Look at FIFA which gets released pretty quickly after the season kicks off. Vettel will have won the fucking championship by the time this gets released. I know they aren't time travellers and can't tell who's going to be hot and who's going to be crap, but christ, the season starts in March. If we're talking about 'financial sense', how about getting the freaking game ready and out the door for around May/June time instead of September for god sake.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I love F1 and I love games, but I hate the way the game come out so late. I end up buying the previous years game and using a mod
They should release early in the season with incremental updates.

Addnan

F12012 is broken with a steering wheel. The game feels good enough with a controller, but with a wheel its broken shit. 2013 needs to fix that.

Staab

If it's all the cars from the 80's 90's and the old circuits...
Ok. maybe.

just maybe.

but I doubt it, it's Codemasters.
Probably shitty scenarios with no online, yeah. Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom