• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2014 shows up on Amazon.es (PC/360/PS3)

Megasoum

Banned
http://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Formula+1+2014+-2013&rh=n%3A599382031%2Ck%3AFormula+1+2014+-2013

f143swv.png

A bit disappointed that it appears to be only for old gen consoles (and PC of course).

RaceManIak

Neo Member
Wow, how can they release that without current gen in 2014? I could see why they would do it for Grid Autosport but for a big franchise like F1 they really need to be on current gen consoles.

And hope the PC version isn't back to G4WL lol

CM using those assets made in the last few years in full force, get as many ps360 games out as possible before the well dries up this christmas.

That's how it looks to me at least.

With sport titles they would be best releasing it on those systems due to the userbase, I have cousins who are rather wealthy but only bought a ps3 a few years back, they rocked a ps2 for a long time without care because fifa football.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Well that's disappointing. I skipped GRID: Autosport due to it not being current gen. Looks like it will be the same for F1.

Would explain why we havent heard about it yet.

CM must be in a rough way if they cant get these games on next gen.

GRID had a bit of a excuse but for F1 they had enough time to see the sales trends and drop off for last gen games.

Jezbollah

Formula 1 2014 is not the game title. F1 2014 will be.

I'll take other sources than a mis-named placeholder on Spain's Amazon site for confirmation of a lack of "current" gen F1 games before i jump to a conclusion.

Formula 1 2014 is not the game title. F1 2014 will be.

I'll take other sources than a mis-named placeholder on Spain's Amazon site for confirmation of a lack of "current" gen F1 games before i jump to a conclusion.
How about this title then :p

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00L9VGVG6/

Edit: also listed on game.es for last gen/PC only. I think they leaked the Classics stuff last year.

http://www.game.es/Product/Default.aspx?SKU=103447
http://www.game.es/Product/Default.aspx?SKU=103446
http://www.game.es/Product/Default.aspx?SKU=103448

jabuseika

Looks like CM will take their sweet time with current gen games.

I actually prefer this, at least they're not rushing their tech for mediocre ports.

I don't understand why they just don't push the release out to next spring so it lines up with the season properly again(releasing in the fall is stupid) and maybe get a current gen version up and running.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't understand why they just don't push the release out to next spring so it lines up with the season properly again(releasing in the fall is stupid) and maybe get a current gen version up and running.

They can't release a game in spring about the current season. The next season's car are revealed for the first time around january. You can't see the cars for the first time in January and release the game 3-4 months later. They could release in spring with the last season's cars but then what's the point?

They can't release a game in spring about the current season. The next season's car are revealed for the first time around january. You can't see the cars for the first time in January and release the game 3-4 months later. They could release in spring with the last season's cars but then what's the point?

That's true, I forgot about that.

They said because of how quick things change and how things change during the season they won't do that so they can get the updated things in that year's game.

BPoole

I don't get the lack of current Gen support from CM. Their PC versions of their racing games are light years ahead of the console versions, so why don't they just port the Pc versions to PS4/XB1?

Juicy Bob

Looking forward to tomorrow and will be coming with an open mind.

Also, isn't it a bit silly to assume that it's not going to be on next-gen consoles when we don't have any official information yet?
Not that it matters to me, as I don't have a next-gen machine lol

Kinda excited for this game. With the new turbo engines, funky aero, DRS & electric boost zones, F1 feels like its installing video game mechanics.

2013 PC version looks and runs great, so hopefully they don't focus on flashy next gen graphics and produce a game that drives well and has a decent amount of features instead.

Coop career mode this time please.

What a joke, another last-gen game that doesn't look any different than 2013. Codemasters deserve to lose the license they have done nothing with it apart from incremental updates. I guess I won't be buying this years then.

Jezbollah

Fair play. Perhaps I was hoping that we would see a "current" gen title this year.

The more I look at CM products these days, the less I think of them technically. I suppose F1 2014 for 360/PS3 will be 30fps...

Top Bottom