• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me to decided a laptop gamer

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
So finally I decided to buy a laptop because im far of home (1000 km), and is impossible have a PC Gaming in the house that i rent.

i definitive decided have a Laptop gaming because im move such much.

So my options are

in perfomance which one is better?

When i return in 2 years in home, i will pick a PC Gaming more modern.

Last edited:

GHG

What kind of PC games do you play? That will make a big difference as to what hardware you need.

This is the most important thing. Give us a list of games you would like to play and then people can give suggestions from there.

Heimdall_Xtreme

What kind of PC games do you play? That will make a big difference as to what hardware you need.
At least. Game like Gears of war V for example Assassins creed oddysey or RDR 2 in power. My main objetive is play A AAA games and run Streaming. MGS V phantom pain I know that not need a powerful pc to run it

Last edited:

kingbean

That one has the best GPU. So if gaming performance matters I'd go with that one.

You can get a HDD or SSD to add to it for more space.

Wow thats amazing. I gonna check it. Well was the Amazon store of my country México. But this laptop is amazing
The Blade is incredibly expensive. They're the most expensive Ultrabooks (besides Macbook Pros) out there... but they're also among the best, especially if you want a decent touch pad (which pretty much sucks for most Windows Laptops).

From the laptops you posted, the Asus TUF FX505DT is the best one (in terms of specs, don't know about Display and Speakers), however you can get a newer version of the Dell G3 which you linked, which has the same GPU as the Asus TUF but an intel CPU.

Last edited:

Riven326

Banned
I've been putting off building my own tower for a while now. I want to do something that makes it uniquely mine.

That being said, the laptop sounds good for older games that probably won't scale well on my 4k tv. I may go that route. Something inexpensive for the time being.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Don't buy one with a GTX 1050! This GPU is utter shit for games.
yeah pick the GTX 1050ti that one is ok for gaming on the go

utter shit is a bit of a hyberbole tho.
Especially since low vs ultra in modern games is hardly a difference.

low used to mean potato gfx in the past.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
It's still shit. If you really consider play games on a laptop buy a GTX 1060 or better.
nah 1050ti 4gb can play any game.
If you want VR i guess the 1060 would be a great target tho.
I game on a Iris Plus Graphics 655 just fine.
runs almost all games ok.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

why want laptop? get desktop which more hardware that powerful an will be cheaper you. get small pc it can take every you go
Hahaha, sorry for my messages, sometimes I write fast on the cell phone.

Well, since I am far from home, I travel a lot ... aboutsmall form factor pc's. , it may be a good option, but sometimes in my hospital does not have space to connect, so it is more convenient in my situation a laptop.

And indeed, it would be good for a PC but because I travel a lot, it is very difficult at the moment to have a desktop PC.

wipeout364

I have had pretty good luck with ASUS ROG products. I have bought two of their gaming laptops over the past years and the first 15 inch with a 560 lasted around 5 years, the second is still going it haan 880 in it I think.

The drawbacks are you really pay more for less power and the older ROG stuff was heavy as hell with crap battery life so as long as you were just bringing it to work to set up and leave there for the day it was ok but I wouldn’t want to be haulin it around on rounds all day in a back pack.

Honestly if you stick to 1080p most of the decent gaming laptops should have no problem with the latest AAA releases.

Top Bottom