• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2015 |OT| Bernie says "Think before you buy.”

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I could have given Ricciardo a bit more space here...

5VIKMVG.gif

Looks so good, but I know it's so empty. Think I'll keep to Forza / Project CARS for now, and hope for an early sale.

If it takes until Forza 6 is out for a decent discount though, it may be a skip entirely.

Phinor

Red Bull - DualShock 4 - No Assists (despite racing lines in corners hence I've only driven Mexico thus far)

Probably some hidden/forced assists when playing with a gamepad. At least on PC with a wheel I have to be really careful with the throttle after slow corners. Like, really careful. 35% throttle might be fine, 40% throttle would be instant spin at least until fourth or fifth gear.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Lol I think I'll have to up the A.I to Legend. Even on Expert I'm beating everyone in qualifying by 4-5 seconds. I still haven't spun out. Even managed to do 2 laps on Options in the wet and give it a good push.

Azzawon

Lol I think I'll have to up the A.I to Legend. Even on Expert I'm beating everyone in qualifying by 4-5 seconds. I still haven't spun out. Even managed to do 2 laps on Options in the wet and give it a good push.

Yeah, I played on Expert for my first race and managed to pull out a 30 second gap in a 15-lap race, gave me a pit-stop in hand :D might have to bump it up myself too once I'm comfortable.

Only got to play an hour last night before heading to bed. I enjoyed what I played. The championship season is good fun and the tv presentation is fairly close to the real deal, I could do without Anthony commentating.

Excited to get back on the tracks later today as Bottas.

ElTorro

You can't use the wing mirrors to see if you passed him or not, does this game give you a warning marker for people right on your tail? I forget if any other F1 game did or not.

It does, it's just not visible in replays.

/edit: Do you get DRS for overlapping cars in real F1? At least in the game you do

Azzawon

It does, it's just not visible in replays.

/edit: Do you get DRS for overlapping cars in real F1? At least in the game you do

Yeah, you do. Regardless of your position on track, if any car is within a second in front of you you'll get DRS.

As a heads up for anyone who is finding it hard to hear the engineer, if you put his speech to 100 and then choose to put it through the DS4 speaker, it's much much better.

Started on hard but out qualifying the rest of the field by 7+ seconds in the wet, then started the race and by the end of the first lap (dry) I was 4.455 seconds ahead.

May need to start again to turn the difficulty up...

Jamesways

F1 in forza or pcars isn't better.

I wouldn't expect F1 in Forza or Project CARS to be better. They're not games entirely about F1, with an F1 licence, being released after the developer has been honing F1 gameplay for eight years.

I actually got into a ridiculous debate with a buddy of mine who was so upset with one of the recent Codie's F1 release he went on a tear about how Forza 5 was a better F1 sim than any Codies game. Just get a grid full of custom paint jobs on the one car model and pretend. No full track list, small grid, no weather, no official cars or teams, no racing rules. Yep, a better sim of the F1 sport than an F1 game. Ok...
But he was fed up with Codies, so pretend he did.

Anyway, I'm excited for this game, pre-ordered for the 21st. I know it's barebones but the first next gen releases in a series usually are. But sounds like the racing is solid, and with the custom season it'll be all I need instead of the career.

As a heads up for anyone who is finding it hard to hear the engineer, if you put his speech to 100 and then choose to put it through the DS4 speaker, it's much much better.

Started on hard but out qualifying the rest of the field by 7+ seconds, may need to start again to turn the difficulty up.

Alternatively you can just turn down all the other sound parameters a bit.

Azzawon

Maldonado AI is on point.

XEACo5R.gif

I lol'ed. Saw a stream yesterday of someone racing at Monaco too, there was a cloud of smoke ahead of the person racing and as he got closer you could see Maldonado facing the wrong way. Maldonado authenticity is top notch in F1 2015.

ElTorro

Just realised, there's no KERS?

KERS is not triggered by the driver anymore. It's automatically applied by the car's electronics as part of the new engine formula.

Apparently, there is no indicator for your own KERS status, or am I missing it? However, the cars red back lights are blinking, which usually means that they are harvesting energy.

Preordered this months ago, got home from work and it'd not turned up. Absolutely digusted, fuck sake.

Will never be pre ordering anything with Zavvi ever again. Be warned and don't make the same mistake I did! AVOID.

I'm slightly out of the loop with F1 this year as I missed some races but KERS is an automatic booster now? wtf?

Preordered this months ago, got home from work and it'd not turned up. Absolutely digusted, fuck sake.

Will never be pre ordering anything with Zavvi ever again. Be warned and don't make the same mistake I did! AVOID.

I stopped using them year ago back when they relocated their warehouse and service dropped off the edge of a cliff.

ElTorro

I'm slightly out of the loop with F1 this year as I missed some races but KERS is an automatic booster now? wtf?

It's technically also not called KERS anymore. The new engines have ERS-K and ERS-H harvesting systems for harvesting kinetic energy from the generator and heat energy from the turbo respectively. Both feed the batteries which have a larger capacity now. The electric motor/generator then boosts the engine automatically.

I stopped using them year ago back when they relocated their warehouse and service dropped off the edge of a cliff.

Yeah wish I knew that! I am absolutely furious, been looking forward to picking this up all day. Half tempted to pick it up at a store near me anyway then sell it when it arrives. Won't be using Zavvi ever again.

ElTorro

Here is an example for tearing (on PS4).

ZfM5Ims.jpg

That's as bad as it gets, so it's pretty mild. It's not happening too often. I am usually sensitive to tearing, but it's tolerable in this game.

LordAmused

Just had a 7.4mb patch on Steam. Will look for patch notes.

EDIT

Hello everyone.

We are aware of players encountering some issues with the PC build, and we have just pushed a new build to Steam.

The fixes that are currently in the new patch are as listed below.

Flashback and the Instant Replay Flashback causes game to crash to desktop

Instant Replay - The game is crashing when entering an instant replay in all game modes

Backing out from a lobby in which you were a Client and Hosting a new Lobby will result in you not having Host Options for your new Lobby

Fuel info resets every time you cross the start/finish line

Out of box settings appear to be too high on onboard Intel GPUs

Graphics options do not save in certain situations

When a player collides before or after resetting to track, they get disqualified.

Clipping on the nose camera on the Manor car

Game crashes after running benchmark

Tyre wear carries over from short qualifying to race between intermediate & option tyres

Hang occurs when host backs out of Custom Lobby just before countdown finishes and loading begins.

Multiplayer qualifying result inconsistent across players

Backing out of a Lobby on 0 seconds of the countdown timer can result in a Hang if the player then creates and leaves a Custom Session.

Host will perpetually load after quitting game via front end after getting terminal damage in multiple races in custom lobby.

Bit worrying people with controllers saying it's too easy and impossible to spin, and then those with wheels saying the opposite... sounds like hidden controller assists still there.

Skyzard

Banned
Still with the no spin easiness with assists off? Same reason I dropped F1 2014 instantly. Thanks for the headsup. Graphics look plain but I was still hoping they'd have that fixed at the very least. It's clearly super intentional if they refuse to change it, it makes it formula noob.

It's always played better with a wheel - more of a fun challenge. f1 2014 plays like shit with a pad though imo.

Lach

To those that say it's hard to spin. Are you shifting manually or automatic?
I spin all the time, playing with the wheel, but I think it's because I still have to adjust that there are 8 gears now. I'm usually in a too low gear and the torque(?) is making me spin.

ElTorro

Bit worrying people with controllers saying it's too easy and impossible to spin, and then those with wheels saying the opposite... sounds like hidden controller assists still there.

You definitely spin the car with a controller when you go bonkers on the throttle. Maybe automatic vs manual shifting makes a difference too.

ElTorro

Controller, no assists (except automatic gearbox), full throttle.

bXil80X.gif

Top Bottom