• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable 2 secrets: a pet dog, you can be pregnant

As long as I don't level for a bit and then suddenly become eighty years old I'm all over the game.

Preggo Warrior = game of the year.

It'd be cool if the children you raise could be sent adventuring. And some may not make it home alive...then there's a big disagreement and finally divorce.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
brandonh83 said:
It'd be great if you could train your dog to shit down your kids' throats while they sleep.

Nothing says "maturity" like quality GAF posts.

Oh, wait, that doesn't say "maturity," that says "adolescent, sophomoric twit who finds Carlos Mencia amusing."

Owzers

Krowley said:
Probably the best way to handle them is to let you take them over and control them, let the main character have a life cycle, and then let the children inherit some of his skills and equipment.

I'd rather they follow your guidance. If you're a jerk to them, they start to grow up and take their aggression out on others. If you're nice to them, they go around and try to help people as well and look up to you.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
brandonh83 said:
It'd be great if you could train your dog to shit down your kids' throats while they sleep.
:lol :lol :lol

omg

Why am I cracking up at that? :lol that's totally disgusting and something a four year old would want

I hope it's in the game.

PS2 KID

I know you're working on it Peter. Give us Fable 2 Bukkake Special Edition!

The dog would be great if you were blind, otherwise a HUD dog doesn't sound as interesting. Maybe the dog will eat your children when you're not looking!

jacobs34

Protected sex, uh oh bring on the microtransactions. How do you feel about paying 100 points for neon green Trojan condom?

Bildi said:
Princetricky1.jpg

I'm kind of surprised I wasn't the first to bring him up.

"FOX, LET'S PLAAAAAAAY!"

raYne

sillymonkey321 said:
I'd rather they follow your guidance. If you're a jerk to them, they start to grow up and take their aggression out on others. If you're nice to them, they go around and try to help people as well and look up to you.
Exactly. Or if you never visit/interact with them, they grow to hate you. Perhaps even becoming evil because of it etc.

The kid possibilities are far more interesting to me than some dog that follows you around.

more gimmicks. more and more gimmicks. is there going to be actual rpg elements in this one so it won't suck, or will it focus on getting laid and growing horns? because as fun as that sounds, it's not. i hope he's putting story and character development ahead of these gimmicks.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
A new canine sidekick will help players distract or threaten enemies, scout out new locations, and find hidden items. Molyneux described the feature as "something you've never seen before,"
Molyneux described the feature as "something you've never seen before,"
"something you've never seen before,"

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Krowley said:
Probably the best way to handle them is to let you take them over and control them, let the main character have a life cycle, and then let the children inherit some of his skills and equipment.

A dynasty type system would be so cool where you had to develop a badass family of heroes to complete really hard quests.

Y2Kev

brandonh83 said:
That gave me nightmares when I was playing through it. And now, I'm going to have similar nightmares tonight.

Just think, "Agro!" It makes me think it could be a cool idea, but horses are so much more majestic and beautiful than like...if you get stuck with a Jack Russel Terrier that keeps ****ing bouncing on the bottom of the screen and it runs into walls and shit. And you can't name it, so it only comes with stock names you can call it like "The Challenger" or "The Brute" or "The Chickenfeed" or assorted names. It needs to be a beautiful, big, galloping dog and not like...a sidekick you'd expect in Men in Black 3.

TemplaerDude said:
more gimmicks. more and more gimmicks. is there going to be actual rpg elements in this one so it won't suck, or will it focus on getting laid and growing horns? because as fun as that sounds, it's not. i hope he's putting story and character development ahead of these gimmicks.

These features ARE a part of the character development. It's much easier to form an emotional attachment to a pet and your kid than just about anything else.

I think it sounds fantastic...if it works!

Krowley

Scrow said:

Ahh.... but did that thing also function as a hud and a map?

Laramie said:
A dynasty type system would be so cool where you had to develop a badass family of heroes to complete really hard quests.

That's exactly what i was thinking... That would be super cool.. I also like the idea's above about how you raise them, changing their behavior.

Maybe a combination of the two would be a good way to go.

There are almost too many possibilites here. I wonder how many different angles Molyneux and his team will think up with this.

players can choose to have sex with a mate...and more interestingly, can choose to engage in protected or unprotected sex.

fable2achievementsg6.png

I really hope that the dog doesnt end up needing you to protect it all the time, hopefully you can keep your dog in one of your many houses with one of your many wives

mmlemay said:
These features ARE a part of the character development. It's much easier to form an emotional attachment to a pet and your kid than just about anything else.

I think it sounds fantastic...if it works!

character development goes beyond horns and pets unfortunately. especially in a role playing game. it adds depth to a game but it doesn't make the game. depth is awesome if you have a great base to work off of. he didn't the last game and i sure as hell hope he does this game.

Y2Kev

brandonh83 said:
Glad to see someone taking me seriously.

He added the second line in too! No fair!

Anyway, I see potential comedy here. Like, if the dog is truly doglike, it should do funny things at times. My beagle, before he died, for example, used to eat his own poop.

Edit: He also used to go on neighbor's lawns and roll around. I don't know why. It was hysterical though. I'd be walking him and he'd just go onto someone else's lawn and spasm out. I loved Harry.

I hope there is a poop eating, lawn rolling dog I can have.

jacobs34

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay."

I can't wait!

Pistolero

Molyneux git his PHD in the insignificant revolutions of humankind ! A dog, unprrotected sex...Talk about an interesting program.. o O

CPS2

Medieval birth control huh? Early withdrawl? Stairs? Coathangers? They'll probably just go with a pill.

Krowley

UC1 said:
Medieval birth control huh? Early withdrawl? Stairs? Coathangers? They'll probably just go with a pill.

I heard they used opium overdoses (maybe on the history channel or somewhere like that)

So i guess opium is confirmed as well.

jacobs34 said:
"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay."

I can't wait!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Fable 2 Boss Battle Epilogue:
"The bad man punted Baxter!"
"I can't, I can't hear a one word you just said."
"Let me, let me just say something."
"..."
"HUUUUUWAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Sean

Banned
Maybe it's just cause I'm a dog lover but that stuff sounds really cool if done right.

I like how they're trying to make you get attached to the dog, and making it act like you and stuff. It's an interesting way to get rid of the HUD too.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Sucks that I'm at GDC and didnt get to see this, would have loved to watch the reactions.

I think it sounds pretty cool, I still hope they put a lot of effort into evolving all the systems that are in Fable as well as this new stuff.

marriage + children?

i demand al and peg bundy pics!

this thread has potential...

sex with dogs??? molyneux just topped himself with that one

White Man

Promises from Fable: You grow in scaled real time and the world grows around you! Saplings from your childhood are GIANT TREES as an adult!

Promises from Fable 2: Well, you have a dog and you can do it.

White Man said:
Promises from Fable: You grow in scaled real time and the world grows around you! Saplings from your childhood are GIANT TREES as an adult!

Molyneux learned a lesson about managing expectations, it seems.

Z3F

Banned
White Man said:

It'll be more innovative if your dog can do it too. For example, a male dog should be running around, knocking up bitches and "bonding" with other males, just like it would do in real life.

temp

posting on contract only
Sort of lame, but it could turn out pretty good. Not to mention I'm pretty confident the whole game will be at least as good as Fable 1, so it'll be worth the money either way.

Krowley

White Man said:

And the dog is a HUD... For real...

anyway, yeah, it seems that he's being a little more careful with the hype this time.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
I honestly don't understand the hostility toward Molyneux. He's a visionary - and I say that without a trace of hyperbole. It's clear he's excited by what he does, even if he doesn't always deliver on his promises.

Krowley

alistairw said:
I honestly don't understand the hostility toward Molyneux. He's a visionary - and I say that without a trace of hyperbole. It's clear he's excited by what he does, even if he doesn't always deliver on his promises.

Populous alone makes him a permanent visionary. Even when he doesn't deliver on his promises, all his talk get's other game designers thinking and they end up implimenting a lot of the stuff that he doesn't manage to get into some of his own games.

Every time i hear he is involved in a game, i'm hoping deep down for something revolutionary. So all kidding aside, i have nothing but admiration for the guy...

But you gotta admit, sometimes he is pretty out there :p

Top Bottom