• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable 2 secrets: a pet dog, you can be pregnant

White Man

Z3F said:
It'll be more innovative if your dog can do it too. For example, a male dog should be running around, knocking up bitches and "bonding" with other males, just like it would do in real life.

untitledef3.png

Z3F

Banned
alistairw said:
I honestly don't understand the hostility toward Molyneux. He's a visionary - and I say that without a trace of hyperbole. It's clear he's excited by what he does, even if he doesn't always deliver on his promises.

Molyneux is the Ken Kutaragi of developers.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Just think, "Agro!" It makes me think it could be a cool idea, but horses are so much more majestic and beautiful than like...if you get stuck with a Jack Russel Terrier that keeps ****ing bouncing on the bottom of the screen and it runs into walls and shit. And you can't name it, so it only comes with stock names you can call it like "The Challenger" or "The Brute" or "The Chickenfeed" or assorted names. It needs to be a beautiful, big, galloping dog and not like...a sidekick you'd expect in Men in Black 3.

Dude, dogs are SO much better than horses (though I did love Agro).

Evidence:

Foto+Shadow+Dancer:+The+Secret+of+Shinobi.jpg

Nuff said.

Flynn

Spider_Jerusalem said:
One thing that GamePro didn't write down but Molyneux talked about is that the Dog will act as the games'HUD: there will be no on-screen map or other indicators, and every information will come from the dog behaviour. Quite strange, I'm not so convinced it would work, expecially for the map.

I think you're mis-interpreting his intent here. He wasn't saying there would be no hud, he was just looking for a way to get rid of the onscreen map, which he said draws the users attention away from the actual game world. The implied that the dog would head (or point) where the player was trying to go.

Krowley

Flynn said:
I think you're mis-interpreting his intent here. He wasn't saying there would be no hud, he was just looking for a way to get rid of the onscreen map, which he said draws the users attention away from the actual game world. The implied that the dog would head (or point) where the player was trying to go.

Well that's a bit disapointing..

I was hoping the dog would glow when your magic was full, whine when you're injured, turn blue when your pregnant...

That kind of stuff.

I just hope that this time round it's impossible to become the most powerful warrior, the most skillful thief and the greatest mage ever on one character. Being able to max out everything in one go made replaying the game kinda suck.

Krowley said:
I was hoping the dog would glow when your magic was full, whine when you're injured, turn blue when your pregnant...
:lol

Flynn said:

Then why didn't he say the dog will act as the game's map? And what about "or other indicators"?

Dungeon Keeper was a fun game with some good ideas that weren't quite executed right, but Populous 3 was awful, Black and White was a funny pet simulator with a crappy game tacked on, Black and White expansion was good money after bad, Black and White 2 was a mediocre attempt at redemption, and Fable was an average but short game that wasn't half of what was promised.

Between Sid Meier doing nothing original in a decade, Peter Molyneux turning into the game industry's version of a used car salesman, and Paul Reiche III reduced to making Disney Skate Adventure, I have no more role models :(

wait, that must mean I'm the new king of game design

LegatoB

Molyneux making crazy claims about what you can do in his upcoming games always puts a smile on my face. It's been too long, Pete. Too long.

I can see the logic in what Peter as saying, especially as a pet lover who has some level of empathy toward animals. They're naturally a soft spot and certainly have potential to be that gateway to easy emotional attachment.

As for pregnancy, what can I say... sandbox games are made of win. They can be hard to be made into one's backbone of gaming since the experience is so similar between games (since they much of it is from the imagination and creativity the gamer himself puts into the game), but when you do get into one, they're quite the memorable experience.

I got bored with Fable after a few weeks but the first two weeks were pretty awesome.

glaurung

1. Can the dog become a vampire, or more specifically, obtain super powers and the ability to fly?

2. Can your child be the antichrist?

3. Same sex marriage is in. Jack Thompson, where the f*** are you? What about interracial marriage? What about sex with your dog? Love?

I know that Peter has been known for stupid ideas, but that dog thing is just bollocks. It would make more sense, if there was interconnectivity with Nintendogs. Oh, wait, wrong platform.

I hope they'll release some official screens asap. AFAIK, all game infos are embargoed until march 13, and this is why Kotaku had tu pull their story about it. Don't know why GamePro is allowed to have it online.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I don't know about this whole dog idea....it seems superfluous -- must they really go this far to get rid of the HUD, by introducing a dog-figure that follows you around and repeats to you in dog language how much health you have? Completely unecessary.

But, hopefully Peter comes through and demonstrates this dog idea as being more than a simple gimmick.

...But until then...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Hopefully u can customize ur dog. I'd like to have a sidekick like this

animal-dog-rocket.jpg

May come in handy

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
dai said:
fable21zm9.jpg

fable22oq8.jpg

old? new? looks great, anyway.

Eww, look at that horrible repeating grass texture in the first shot. I'm not buying this game anymore. I can't stand repeating textures

Only kidding

But in all seriousness, it looks fantastic. But from what little I can see of it, I don't believe I can say more than that.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
lol and the lady told us embargo until Tuesday. Guess no one listened!

Yeah Fable 2 sounds like it'll be everything Fable 1 was supposed to be with a sprinkle of Black & White.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Spider_Jerusalem said:
Wow NeoGAF, how could you miss on this:

h-103_68130_ms001.jpg.jpg

This is a perfect Photoshop model :lol

Was he demonstrating the "lack-of-love-so masturbate-your-character"-feature here?

Hunahan

Banned
Actually, that sounds pretty slick. It's like a next gen Shadow Dancer or something.

Female characters in the game...well...second time's the charm? Promises, promises, Peter.

I'll be disapointed if there's no pregnancy mini-game, though. Like..."new objective: Make it to the fridge for pickles and ice cream before your back gives out!"

Hopefully they don't go nuts with this "no HUD" crap either. At least put a health bar up. I can't stand it when they hide health bars. I need to know exactly how far away I am from death, not some rough aproximation of "your character is slumping."

Dog looks really good in those screens, though.

2009 will be the hotness.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hunahan said:
Actually, that sounds pretty slick. It's like a next gen Shadow Dancer or something.

Female characters in the game...well...second time's the charm? Promises, promises, Peter.

I'll be disapointed if there's no pregnancy mini-game, though. Like..."new objective: Make it to the fridge for pickles and ice cream before your back gives out!"

Hopefully they don't go nuts with this "no HUD" crap either. At least put a health bar up. I can't stand it when they hide health bars. I need to know exactly how far away I am from death, not some rough aproximation of "your character is slumping."

Dog looks really good in those screens, though.

2009 will be the hotness.

Whoa, strange, I JUST wrote an article about this very thing. I totally agree. It really pisses me off when the game only approximates my health. I would like to get away from a health bar, and over to something more organic in how it conveys the information, but it also needs to be just as accurate as a health bar.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Z3F said:
Molyneux is the Ken Kutaragi of developers.

Trolling Molyneux and Sony in one sentence? What a great, informative post. Thanks for adding to the discussion.

Wollan

Another X360 sequel that looks like a HD version of the Xbox game (though the dog looks great). With that said, this is most likely a 2008 title so the graphics is not indicative of anything just yet I would think. 'TEST LEVEL - WORK IN PROGRESS'

Chrono

Banned
Molyneux is a ****ing loser. lots of talk and no walk.

no different than that fatass dyack. though I hear he's not fat anymore.

Top Bottom