• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Legends screenshots showing Lionhead's new Global Illumination system for UE4

Animated PNG:

ibqeLuDjU5KHQv.png

Thank you for this. Everyone saying this doesn't look impressive, load this in a browser that supports animated pngs and then comes back.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I am so jaded towards the Fable series just because of Peter...I wish I could actually get excited.

Silky

Banned
Looks great.

I'm just waiting for Lionhead to get into the customization of the game and I will be ready.

Logash

Wish they would stop trying to change things up and do what they should have done from the start, improve on what worked in 1. Every fable after the original has added a gimmick. If Fable 2 was Fable 1 with better combat, deeper good and evil system, more armor and a bigger world it would have been a better game.

Wish they would stop trying to change things up and do what they should have done from the start, improve on what worked in 1. Every fable after the original has added a gimmick. If Fable 2 was Fable 1 with better combat, deeper good and evil system, more armor and a bigger world it would have been a better game.

Well at least they're acknowledging it as a spin off. I'd be surprised if they didn't make a true Fable 4 after this.

Coral Griffon

Lionhead, Game Director
I know I just want a good Fable 4, but isn't their rumor that they are working on Fable MMO. I know LionHead is working on another game. Is Fable's Lore good enough for an MMO

Just to be clear, Fable Legends is absolutely not an MMO.

And to clarify the many "we're working on something else" threads that have been about the web, those were based on a job posting that predated the annoucement of Fable Legends. Other than some quite small incubation-level projects, Lionhead is entirely focused on Legends, its next big Fable installment.

And to clarify the many "we're working on something else" threads that have been about the web, those were based on a job posting that predated the annoucement of Fable Legends. Other than some quite small incubation-level projects, Lionhead is entirely focused on Legends, its next big Fable installment.

Is it "not an MMO" like Dungeons and Dragons Online (tons of people in hubs, small groups in instances/modules)?

Out of interest, if it's not an MMO or an MMO hybrid, why the online requirement?

Bessy67

Yeah, I felt the same after learning it was a co-op game, but it apparently has single player mode too.

Eh but then you're forced to have 3 AI companions. There doesn't seem to be any actual Single player game withing fable legends that I can tell

I mean is it a full story with an end or just a bunch of missions that you can play by yourself with AI if you so choose?

What is it then? Is there an end to the game? A story to it? I've been a bit confused about what to expect from this game

What other games is it like?

iJudged

Banned
One thing I've learned about these screens is, 99% of the time, game looks way worse when released.

I will be impressed if it looks this good day 1.

Fable 2 was already far superior to the original, but that's not to say that it couldn't have been even better.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Legends. I'm not too crazy about all the recent "games as a service" comments, but I'll give Lionhead a fair chance.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Legends. I'm not too crazy about all the recent "games as a service" comments, but I'll give Lionhead a fair chance.

The idea is delivering regular content which if there is a fanbase for it I can see being a good thing as long as people want it. From that point of view, develop one Fable game on XB1 then move onto something else - like one or several of the small incubation projects!

CCIE

Banned
This and TitanFall are all I wanted on XB1, and I have TF on PC. Shame I will never get to play this

Top Bottom