• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Legends screenshots showing Lionhead's new Global Illumination system for UE4

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm loving the cartoony art style in this and Sunset Overdrive.
I know that the style is very different in both games but they both have this colourful cartoony look which is really refreshing.

I want colour and fun art styles to come back into big budget AAA games. Not everything needs to look realistic, moody and serious.

Doffen

More:

Inga-solo.jpg

Inga-and-group.jpg

IngaNEW.jpg

harSon

Banned
That last one looks really good.

I'm still not a huge fan of their Fable character art style. I don't understand why the character art style looks fine in CG, but less so in game.

sn00zer

That last one looks really good.

I'm still not a huge fan of their Fable character art style. I don't understand why the character art style looks fine in CG, but less so in game.
Expressions..... in the CG you get :/ :D :mad: ;P ....in game you :|

Blueblur1

Those screenshots look good. Hopefully the game runs as good as it looks. I'd love to see a Fable game run at 60 FPS on console.

Gestault

Beautiful lighting, but I really don't care for the old-school "plastic wig" looking' hair, particularly on the woman. Maybe in motion it'll look more natural, but I don't care for it in stills.

Alchemy

probably. 60fps would be nice. i dont know how good ue4 is. as long as it has good AA like ryse id be fine with 900p

I thought Ryse was a blurry mess at 900p (especially with all the LOD stuff I was noticing, such as details on the ladders), I'd much prefer reducing whatever effects they can to get the game up to 1080p. I don't really expect 1080p anymore after all the Xbone games I've played, but I'd like it.

EBE

I thought Ryse was a blurry mess at 900p (especially with all the LOD stuff I was noticing, such as details on the ladders), I'd much prefer reducing whatever effects they can to get the game up to 1080p. I don't really expect 1080p anymore after all the Xbone games I've played, but I'd like it.

fair enough. i think the cartoony art style might help it get there. im not expecting a huge open world (the past fable games havent ever been like that) so i think its achievable. the xbox one is a competent machine.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Looks very Knack-ish to me, but maybe that's just the environment. The plant life still looks very fake, but the lighting is good, and the stuff in the distance looks really nice.

Filaipus

Banned
It's worth noting this is the tech they originally presented at GDC 2011 for project Milo, mighty light.

I wonder if the visuals will be like these, the trees and bushes and overall amount of detail is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDlfLnxjKtE

I had never seen this ones! Really nice, hope they implemente it.

Hm... they said Ryse didn't have LOD. Was it only the characters?

All the screenshots they've shown look great. I really have high hopes for this game and I think after Fable 3 (although I enjoyed it), The Journey and Heroes the franchise definitely needs some new life breathed into it.

Here's hoping Lionhead can right the course a little bit with Legends. It definitely has the potential to be great and it looks to be on the right track so far, at least graphically. This is one of the games I'm very excited to see more of at E3.

2015 Xbone games are looking to blow 2014 games out the water.

Quantum Break and Fable just look gorgeous compared to Ryse and DR3 imo.

JaggedSac

So what is the hooks on the game? Loot? Character leveling? They really haven't said much about what the draw of the game and they should since they are removing custom characters and the good/evil choices.

This looks damn incredible. The look of the game was never really an issue. I just want to know what the game will be structured like. How will quests and story be handled, because I'm not sure if I want an MMO lite style of Fable. I mean, I suppose it depends on how they handle it all, but it's not something that I immediately get excited for. Also, I really do need to see if the environments are at least a bit more open. I'm not demanding anything crazy here, as I'd be just fine with something around the size or even a bit bigger than what was present in the first Fable. I also hope there's multiple towns to visit with the expected Fable feel.

Top Bottom