• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable: The Journey new screens and alleged 9/4/12 release date

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Fable-The-Journey/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530a1a

screenlg5.jpg

screenlg1.jpg

screenlg2.jpg

screenlg3.jpg

screenlg4.jpg

boxartlg.jpg

ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: 9/4/2012
DEVELOPER: Lionhead
PUBLISHER: Microsoft Studios
GENRE: Action & Adventure

Built from the ground up for Kinect for Xbox 360, Fable: The Journey is a whole new way to experience the deep storyline, heart-pounding action, and picturesque world of Albion that fans have come to know and love in the beloved Fable franchise. Wield magic as a deadly weapon as you defend yourself and your trusty steed in combat against dangerous enemies, engage in hair-raising chases, solve perplexing puzzles, and interact with humorous characters in this action-packed adventure journey to becoming a hero.

V_Ben

Banned
Well, at least being on rails has allowed them to really up some detail. It looks good! I don't have a Kinect, so I couldn't give two shits about playing it, but I will say that it at least looks pretty.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Well, at least being on rails has allowed them to really up some detail. It looks good! I don't have a Kinect, so I couldn't give two shits about playing it, but I will say that it at least looks pretty.

They switched to UE3. Not the same Fable engine as previous games.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Everything from the MS event is being leaked, except for Halo 4. :(

I also hope the release date is wrong, since it would probably mean Halo 4 being released later in the year than September.

Still, it might be better that Fable Heroes.

DTKT

How can this be not on rail. You ride a god damn wagon on a dirt track.

It's the definition of a closed path with one direction.

Elginer

Man, that Hydrocodeine I just took for my toothache must have kicked the hell in; this looks good, like really good. WTF?!

this is totally on rails right

Abso-fucking-lutely.

I'm actually curious if they went and changed shit to make it less on rails. Like maybe they honestly didn't realize it was on rails until people started saying it at e3. It would show how fucking delusional Peter is.

Fable 2 was alright but Fable 3 was terrible, if the most recent installment is any indication of the quality of the franchise then it's a perfect match with Kinect...

Fable 2 was alright but Fable 3 was terrible, if the most recent installment is any indication of the quality of the franchise then it's a perfect match with Kinect...

they killed off too many rpg elements in fable 3. Some of the level/mission designs in 3 were amazing, the pen and paper one was probably my favorite sidequest in a game ever. But i agree. i just dont get why they removed so many things from fable 2.

Top Bottom