• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake: Nintendo Dream: Next Monolith game for 3DS, 3rd In Series [*Fake*]

[Nintex] said:
Seems like they've got quite a few things lined up for that september event if this is part of it as well :)
14luiv7.jpg

wrowa

Everyone suspects that BK3 is happening after the last concept art shown by Monolith, so the announcement wouldn't come as a surprise.

Since BKO is one of my alltime favorites, I'd be happy as hell! Even though I would have prefered a Wii U release. If it's indeed BK3 there's at least finally something that made buying the 3DS worth it ;p

Effect

Can't get excited about this at all since it's very likely Nintendo of America won't bother to localize it.

MasterShotgun said:
BATEN KAITOS 3!!! I hope it's a sequel to the first game. It would be cool to see how the world is after the islands returned to the planet.

It fucking better be BK3
Indeed!

dJe3K.jpg

We already know the big announcement for the conference is the second analog add-on...

.....yeahhhhhhhhhhh...............................

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
wrowa said:
Living in Europe is so good :)

Starts thinking of the 999 sequel and begins to cry
The Vita is region free, so you can still get that as long as someone localizes it.

Delio

Effect said:
Can't get excited about this at all since it's very likely Nintendo of America won't bother to localize it.

Yeah like whats the point of getting excited anymore :/

Fou-Lu

NA only Nintendo RPG HD Collection for Wii U?

Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower and Baten Kaitos 3.

Since we'll never get BK3 for 3DS.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Boney said:
Never say never

oh wait that doesn't belong here
It wouldn't really make sense anyway, since almost everyone who made the game, including all three game directors, still works at Square Enix.

Truth101

Banned
Ichor said:
NA only Nintendo RPG HD Collection for Wii U?

Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower and Baten Kaitos 3.

Why would you release a brand-new game in a collection? Also the rumor is for 3DS.

Boney

Banned
Nirolak said:
It wouldn't really make sense anyway, since almost everyone who made the game, including all three game directors, still works at or with Square Enix.
I'm just jooooooooooking silly

I wouldn't even want a new Chrono

BurntPork

Banned
Can't get excited because I live in the US, where any Nintendo game without Mario or Zelda in the title is highly unlikely to appear.

wrowa

ShockingAlberto said:
Wouldn't necessarily be ported. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the same vein as Xenosaga I+II on the DS.

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/660/660470/xenosaga-i-ii-20051021003828929_640w.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
That game wasn't developed by Monolith, though.

Akselziys said:
All I'm going to say is:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434018

Baten Kaitos III! <3 HHHNNNGGGHHHHH!

Later in that thread this article suggests it's a Wii U game:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/24/monolith_wiiu/

It's possible that, upon seeing Monolithsoft was working on a Wii U game, it was just assumed to be the same project that we've seen Honne's illustration for (which definitely looks like BK3).

If Monolithsoft has games in development for both 3DS and Wii U, which it seems like they do, that's very good news.

I would buy a 3DS for a Baten Kaitos 3. That would be pretty goddamn sexy, and I'd hope that it'd get localized too. OG Saga 3 would also be cool, but since we're likely not getting the second one in English, well...yeah. A port of Xenosaga III would also be cool, but since we don't have the DS port of I&II, I don't really want that either.

Plus NoA's localization track record dampens my excitement a bit. To think, only NoA would hold back the best JRPG of the generation! And Disaster. Goddamn, Disaster's just so cool, I can't even describe how much I love that game. Probably in my Top 20 of all time.

Here's hoping though.

Boney

Banned
duckroll said:
Which part was funny? I thought jokes are supposed to be humorous.
The first part, referencing the Rainfall project, because of the whole "it's not coming here".

You didn't like it? Too bad.

Nirolak said:
It wouldn't really make sense anyway, since almost everyone who made the game, including all three game directors, still works at Square Enix.
Kitase and Tokita were really just event planners, and Matsui was a battle director. As much as the haters would like to forget, the real creative mind was always Kato, although Horii's and Sakaguchi's supervision definitely helped avoid the kind of flaws that later plagued Chrono Cross.

Let me in

I'm not getting excited until it's announced for NA concurrently with the JP annoucement. Chances of localization for something like this seem slim.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Sammy Samusu said:
And I'm here still waiting for EXCEED, a mess.

Haha, same here ;) I've been wanting to play Exceed after the first SRWOG Saga Endless Frontier game ATLUS released here :)

duckroll

DiipuSurotu said:
Kitase and Tokita were really just event planners, and Matsui was a battle director. As much as the haters would like to forget, the real creative mind was always Kato, although Horii's and Sakaguchi's supervision definitely helped avoid the kind of flaws that later plagued Chrono Cross.

Yes, because in a game the only creative part has nothing to do with gameplay at all. Okay.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
DiipuSurotu said:
He was the lead writer for the game, but that would be ignoring everything else about the game.

wrowa

duckroll said:
Sure it was. Unless you want to claim that the only S-E DS game are the two FFCC games.
Who of Monolith worked on it? As far as I know it was a project initiated by Namco with very minimal effort/ input of MLSI and developed by Tom Create.

Top Bottom