• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
When I first jumped on the Tinder bandwagon to try my hand at babe pokies I put waaay too much effort into making my profile and pictures as presentable as possible, carefully wording things and uploading mint photos to more or less sell myself. And I mean I think I looked good and had a neat description, but I found myself matching with people I really wasn't into, and even then the strike rate wasn't great.

Advice from casual lady friends had me reassess and nuke the whole thing, rebuild as me as I am; dumb jokes, silly photos of me having fun, a nice thick layer of cynicism, not trying to hide who I am, what I'm into, how I spend my time, and what I'm after.

Worked wonders in matching with people who are closer to my wavelength and personality. In retrospect I cringe at my first profile, just because it was so neatly organized it wasn't me, and finally taking the time to reflect on who I am and what I want imbued my profile with a natural authenticity.

But now I'm single so whatever.

AcridMeat

Banned
Eh, I've done more than enough self reflection, I need someone smart, funny and sexy who likes to cruise through life. Basically, if it's going to work I'm going to need me with tits.

I'll be on the Deus Ex train in a few weeks, don't know what I'll be picking up in September.
I have to admit after I hit the submit I remembered and was like welp this is gonna sound dumb coming from me to you.

She's out there, you just need to get tickets to the same cruise. Or something.

Fahhhk I'm going to try to hold off on getting Deus Ex right away, but I may have to. It does look really solid.
Advice from casual lady friends had me reassess and nuke the whole thing, rebuild as me as I am; dumb jokes, silly photos of me having fun, a nice thick layer of cynicism, not trying to hide who I am, what I'm into, how I spend my time, and what I'm after.
I'd date that.

That's what mine was about as well. Even urged in my profile to be yourself as I was getting tired of the facades put on early on. Simplicity is nice.

Jobbs

Banned
When I first jumped on the Tinder bandwagon to try my hand at babe pokies I put waaay too much effort into making my profile and pictures as presentable as possible, carefully wording things and uploading mint photos to more or less sell myself. And I mean I think I looked good and had a neat description, but I found myself matching with people I really wasn't into, and even then the strike rate wasn't great.

Worked wonders in matching with people who are closer to my wavelength and personality. In retrospect I cringe at my first profile, just because it was so neatly organized it wasn't me, and finally taking the time to reflect on who I am and what I want imbued my profile with a natural authenticity.

But now I'm single so whatever.

haha I was expecting that to lead towards "and that's how I met the love of my life" but it went nowhere!

maybe try giving being fake another chance! :D

seriously though I don't envy people trying to online date, it sounds like it'd drive me nuts

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a superscript bbcode? This is important and I can't find the right keyword.

Nope.ᵂʰᵉⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᴵ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵘˢᵉ ˢᵘᵇ ᵒʳ ˢᵘᵖᵉʳˢᶜʳᶦᵖᵗ ᴵ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᶦᵗ ᵘᵖ ᵇᵘᵗ ᴵ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᶠᶦⁿᵈ ᵃⁿʸᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ

Soz

How would I reformat a WD 1 TB external HDD on a desktop?

On the top right, select the drive you want to format from the drop down menu. pretty easy from there.

Wait you are using Linux right?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_nxrs0l8Fnv1u6s61ao1_540.gif

Wait what is this from

Nope.ᵂʰᵉⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᴵ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵘˢᵉ ˢᵘᵇ ᵒʳ ˢᵘᵖᵉʳˢᶜʳᶦᵖᵗ ᴵ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᶦᵗ ᵘᵖ ᵇᵘᵗ ᴵ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᶠᶦⁿᵈ ᵃⁿʸᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ

Soz

I don't think I realized unicode had all that in the specification. Of course it does. Thanks!

Wait what is this from

Scream Queens. I thought we told you to watch that already.

jb1234

I feel like all I did today was play Uncharted 4 today (5 hours) and mope. And even the former I mostly did out of obligation because it was expensive and I want to get my money's worth.

And for reasons that are inexplicable to me, Emma Roberts seems to have become the thread mascot.

FUME5

Yeah, I don't front no matter the situation, and my blurb is "A few drinks and a bite to eat? Sardonic Environmental Consultant who tends towards indolence".

And I'm looking at far more than whether the girl is hot enough (or too hot) for me, I'm trying to get as many clues about compatibility as I can from their photos, body language, dress sense etc...

I have to admit after I hit the submit I remembered and was like welp this is gonna sound dumb coming from me to you.

Hah, it's all good man!

Emily, I hope your having a fantastic birthday so far! All one minute that it's been! :D

And for reasons that are inexplicable to me, Emma Roberts seems to have become the thread mascot.

Guess what the new thread is going to be about. I'm just kidding, it's something slightly more original.

Actually Em hasn't been online for over an hour, so I need someone else to run the new thread by. I have to pick a faceplate that I'm going to spend the next hour gluing everyone's avatars onto.

I'm mostly joking. She was out doing who knows what with her roommate earlier instead of being with me. Need to get that cockblocking roommate out of the picture.

I felt similarly tonight. And even so, I still got virtually zero work done today.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That's what mine was about as well. Even urged in my profile to be yourself as I was getting tired of the facades put on early on. Simplicity is nice.

It's kitschy but it works. And I mean, that's what I'm attracted to; profiles that have a bit of authenticity in the photos and description. When it's excessively immaculate it feels either false or boring.

haha I was expecting that to lead towards "and that's how I met the love of my life" but it went nowhere!

maybe try giving being fake another chance! :D

seriously though I don't envy people trying to online date, it sounds like it'd drive me nuts

Fake Jarrod is a mess. Real Jarrod is also a mess. Maybe I should balance the two...

Yeah, I don't front no matter the situation, and my blurb is "A few drinks and a bite to eat? Sardonic Environmental Consultant who tends towards indolence".

And I'm looking at far more than whether the girl is hot enough (or too hot) for me, I'm trying to get as many clues about compatibility as I can from their photos, body language, dress sense etc...

Yeah my opening blurb is "Life is suffering. But I can cook so maybe that'll help.". I do the same, trying get a vibe of the person. I've had some fun meetups/sex with the nicely orchestrated, immaculate profile but it never pans out and is just boring in the long run.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm mostly joking. She was out doing who knows what with her roommate earlier instead of being with me. Need to get that cockblocking roommate out of the picture.

I know a pretty good hitman.

PjLuMMjm.jpg

Or did you just want someone to have a polite conversation with the roommate.

QA4US4lm.jpg

Guys the PhotoShop isn't ready yet. You can shitpost, but it can't be at light speed.

they should just move in with us so we can make sure they don't go anywhere >:D

I'm not going to say I haven't thought about it but A) last time I did that he freaked out on me and B) in this instance Lucy's roommates are her family.

Jobbs is my GAF BAE lol /s

Jobbs should change his name to Bob Bo Jobbs

In all seriousness, fucking September can't come soon enough. God the last time I was so hyped for a game was Advent Rising lol. Think of all the shit you can buy with your steam money, mang.

Jobbs

Banned
Guys the PhotoShop isn't ready yet. You can shitpost, but it can't be at light speed.

I'm not going to say I haven't thought about it but A) last time I did that he freaked out on me and B) in this instance Lucy's roommates are her family.

Maybe I'll try and orchestrate her staying over so much that at some point we may as well be living together despite no formal move in

Seems easier and less risky

Jobbs is my GAF BAE lol /s

Jobbs should change his name to Bob Bo Jobbs

In all seriousness, fucking September can't come soon enough. God the last time I was so hyped for a game was Advent Rising lol. Think of all the shit you can buy with your steam money, mang.

Noooo I don't like B or J names.

Jobbs was like my 10th choice and very random because Neogaf kept not activating my usernames

Maybe I'll try and orchestrate her staying over so much that at some point we may as well be living together despite no formal move in

Seems easier and less risky

Noooo I don't like B or J names.

Jobbs was like my 10th choice and very random because Neogaf kept not activating my usernames

<3 <3 <3

FUME5

I assume so. What do foreigners think of us?

Don't go into the thread about offshore detention.

If I keep posting in there I'm going to get banned for yelling at people on their high horse whose countries aren't in a position to talk shit about Australia's human rights record.

Even though I wholeheartedly agree it is disgusting.

EDIT

Why don't you request a name change Jobbs?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
So jealous of Rendles hair sometimes.

tumblr_nk1rdsfD5N1qdms0po1_r1_540.gif

What do you do when the stuff you have been using to clean your oven says "wear rubber gloves" " avoid skin contact" but you've already been using it for an hour gloveless and typing this message on my phone hurts, a lot?

Asking for a friend

FUME5

What do you do when the stuff you have been using to clean your oven says "wear rubber gloves" " avoid skin contact" but you've already been using it for an hour gloveless and typing this message on my phone hurts, a lot?

Asking for a friend

Rub your hands all over your body.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_nk1rdsfD5N1qdms0po1_r1_540.gif

Asking for a friend

Well I hope you already did so but a) wash your heands thoroughly, and not only with water, and b) if your hands get all red or hurt still, maybe consider an actual doctor to check it out and prescribe stuff that actually helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom