• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Falcom Sales in North America, Europe, and Asia Have Exceeded Expectations

tfgbt68kwrmb1.jpg

Developer Nihon Falcom recently posted its latest financial results for the second quarter of the fiscal year ending September 2024.

Most significantly, sales have exceeded expectations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Sales have exceeded their forecast by 7% and net income is over 27%. Further, operating profit is over 26%.

Sales are expected to be flat year-over-year for the fiscal year forecast ending September 2024. Moreover, none of the upcoming planned releases are new information for fans.

Thanks to Pierre485 for translating select statistics.

Source - Noisy Pixel

Deerock71

Ys is about to become the next Persona in terms of prominence and sales. It will be a marquee Jrpg franchise along with the all time greats.
10 or 11 games in, if it hasn't broken through, there's hardly any reason to believe it will. I like the franchise, but it's a bit on the difficult side for the more casual folks out there to pick up and play.

Sentenza

Incidentally I just finished Ys IX a couple days ago.
I remember reading it was fairly divisive among the fans of the series but I ended up enjoying it a whole lot. The "superhero powers" made traversal and exploration extremely fun.

Looking forward for the release of Ys X in the "west".

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Good news. Loved my time with both Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Xanadu Next.

Trails wasn't for me, waaaay too slow and dialog heavy for my tastes. Gurumin is cute but didn't get far on that one.

Still need to give the Zwei games a go, aside from playing all the other Ys games.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
10 or 11 games in, if it hasn't broken through, there's hardly any reason to believe it will. I like the franchise, but it's a bit on the difficult side for the more casual folks out there to pick up and play.
if Persona could break through then I see no reason why Ys couldn’t.

SantaC

Ys is about to become the next Persona in terms of prominence and sales. It will be a marquee Jrpg franchise along with the all time greats.
Not close in terms of quality

YS 9 was pretty average and I heard about the same for YS 10. 8 is the exception

Falcoms real goldmine is the Trails series.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Not until they start to ramp up the budget and production value (as Persona did), no.
But the series always had its own cult following for years.

For what is worth, I already consider it far more enjoyable on average than the Persona series, anyway.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Well deserved. The Trails series is about the best Japanese role-playing game when it comes to world building and lore. Absolutely fantastic games that have an ongoing storyline well after 20 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
tfgbt68kwrmb1.jpg

Developer Nihon Falcom recently posted its latest financial results for the second quarter of the fiscal year ending September 2024.

Most significantly, sales have exceeded expectations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Sales have exceeded their forecast by 7% and net income is over 27%. Further, operating profit is over 26%.

Sales are expected to be flat year-over-year for the fiscal year forecast ending September 2024. Moreover, none of the upcoming planned releases are new information for fans.

Thanks to Pierre485 for translating select statistics.

Source - Noisy Pixel

Power of the Musse

Ta4QRe6.gif

Fabieter

I own cold steel 1-3 but just finished 1 so far and since then there was like 5 new games. Will support them with their ys franchise because trails is lost course for ms tbh.

Is the cold steel 2 better paced than the first one tho?

I saw that the next game should be a good starting point. Should I just go with that?

Last edited:
Man, most of the gifs for Ys X Nordics are of low quality... Guess I'll have to work on making some higher quality ones as this game deserves to be properly hyped.

Anyway, here's a shortened version of the gif I've posted earlier in this thread, but now in HD and high frame-rate:

v7E2W3Q.gif

And another one for reaction use:

5hjs25F.gif

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Not close in terms of quality

YS 9 was pretty average and I heard about the same for YS 10. 8 is the exception

Falcoms real goldmine is the Trails series.
Yeah, I generally like Ys, but it’s nowhere near Persona in terms of quality or wide appeal. And Ys IX was indeed disappointing.

Quartermuncher

Neo Member
Ys IX dissapointment feels half baked. Its not the best of Ys but its still a solid 8.5 at worst

But im glad to hear its doing well. Now for the Felghana port to come stateside!

Top Bottom