• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
You didnt like The Everlasting Guilty Crown? I like how Shu looked in it with his scarf and etc, and the music timed with his outfits was good.
tumblr_m2invkx8C51qbi1uwo2_500.gif

What I meant to say was that I did. I liked it a lot, actually.

Jex

even knowing nothing about it at all, it would still guess BONES over any other studio when looking at Un-Go art.

Tempest is the first show theyve ever done where I can say thats not the case, so I see where he is coming from.

Look, I'm trying to talk shit about BONES here, give me some slack.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hayate no Gotoku, CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF HINAGIKU BECAUSE SHES THE BEST 01

First show I watched this season! I honestly had zero hype for this but this episode was quite enjoyable and rekindled my love for the parts of Hayate I liked
and the crazy thing was Hinagiku wasn't even in this episode. NOT EVEN FOR ONE GOD DAMN SECOND. WHAT THE FUCK?
I prefer Hayate when it's not trying to totally be a slapstick comedy (because it's not all that good at it) and takes a more grounded approach.

Hayate is still a badass, Maria is still awesome, Nagi is still absolutely awful. New girl in this episode is literally just as terrible as Nagi and the ending makes it painfully obvious why.

Hopefully the rest of the cast comes into play immediately. I might drop this show if these two insufferable clowns don't go away.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I would ask you why you are watching this crap, but I did the same a few months ago, so who am I to judge.

Show sucks though, probably the worst I ever watched. :(

The things I go through for yuri.

School Days 4
I literally feel embarrassed watching this. See, I guess I should root for the "best" girl, but when you consider the MC is, quite frankly, a
massive pervert who'd rape anything that moves
I don't really want her to get with him for her sake.

Hahaha!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guilty Crown Casualty list
kayos90
cosmicblizzard
narag
rurounizel
amishpriest99
TurkishEmperor
Jarmel
Grzi
Steroyd
DTL

The list further grows....

cajunator

Banned
kayos90
cosmicblizzard
narag
rurounizel
amishpriest99
TurkishEmperor
Jarmel
Grzi
Steroyd
DTL

I knew a ton of people watched that.
Some still haven't apparently recovered from it.
Hence my trepidation. I've only been mildly infected.

Articalys

This is interesting -- any trace of To Love-Ru Darkness being streamed on The Anime Network has been wiped completely from their site; even the news announcement about it is gone. Maybe that early simulcast was an error after all, despite the site's own admin claiming "our simulcast will go out as planned, as we have had our release dates and hours approved by the licensors."

Shortly before it was erased entirely, the show's page did revert to what was probably supposed to be the original placeholder, with a simulcast time of October 5 at 9:00 PM EDT. I wonder what impact this could have on their continued streaming for the series.

kayos90

The best parts of guilty crown is easily the animation and the amazing OST/OP/ED. Everything else sucked hard.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I liked the first 4 episodes of GC.

Will watch 5 today. Thanks for the reminder everyone.

cajunator

Banned
The best parts of guilty crown is easily the animation and the amazing OST/OP/ED. Everything else sucked hard.

I like the catgirl, at least so far.
But I haven't seen a lot as I said. Only 3 episodes. Not nearly enough to see it fall precipitously off the cliff.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
kayos90
cosmicblizzard
narag
rurounizel
amishpriest99
TurkishEmperor
Jarmel
Grzi
Steroyd
DTL

Hey, put me in that, man. I suffered through the whole thing, my name on a list is the least the world owes me.

kayos90

kayos90
cosmicblizzard
narag
rurounizel
amishpriest99
TurkishEmperor
Jarmel
Grzi
Steroyd
DTL
Brazil

It goes on and on and on and on~

yami4ct

kayos90
cosmicblizzard
narag
rurounizel
amishpriest99
TurkishEmperor
Jarmel
Grzi
Steroyd
DTL

The fact that such a list exists makes me want to watch this travesty so I can be on it. Stop tempting me like that!

cajunator

Banned
Not all of us have action-filled 12-hour shifts like yours!

Its crazy as fuck at work still, but they separated us into different terminal areas finally, so when I get done with the stuff I have to do I have the occasional downtime to post and chill a bit. Its so much better for quality of life.

Kagami

にこらん? ニコ生『「TARI TARI」13話(最終回)』 アンケート評価は"とても良かった"97.1%と今期の最高評価を見事に記録!! 1話放送で97%とか見たことないぞ・・・!
http://nikonikoranking.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-6710.html

With the added difficulty of being an ending episode, that obviously was seen as satisfying overall.
But the later in the series you get, the more people who don't like it have already stopped watching it, so the numbers go up.
First episodes are challenging because all sorts of random people are watching it.
Although, in the case of Little Busters, anyone who doesn't like Key has already avoided it.

cajunator

Banned
Too much cute in cajun's life. One cannot handle so much other than cajun.

I dunno if that's true. animu is so full of hnnngh that it almost has to be purged to keep it balanced. Anyone exposed to anime for a lengthy period of time has to be conditioned to handle the cute. they would be dead otherwise. Unless they just stick to shounen or osmething.

kayos90

I dunno if that's true. animu is so full of hnnngh that it almost has to be purged to keep it balanced. Anyone exposed to anime for a lengthy period of time has to be conditioned to handle the cute. they would be dead otherwise. Unless they just stick to shounen or osmething.

Ah. That explains why I'm dead.

yami4ct

If I were to start watching Gintama, is there any filler I can/should skip? I realize the show goes on breaks, but thought I might as well ask. There's a ton to catch up on and I think I want to minimize that as much as possible.

cajunator

Banned
But the later in the series you get, the more people who don't like it have already stopped watching it, so the numbers go up.
First episodes are challenging because all sorts of random people are watching it.
Although, in the case of Little Busters, anyone who doesn't like Key has already avoided it.

Tari Tari was pretty fucking good, especially because Sawa was in it. But I can understand Japan otaku liking it. It was a lot of fun, despite the sameface syndrome. why can't Sawa backflip in front of me? :(

BluWacky

From The New World 2

This episode isn't as immediately striking as the first. It's not bad by any means (it's still great IMO!) but it's not as atmospheric - they're not laying on the creepiness quite so thickly this week.

I'm impressed by how consistently thought through the major elements are and how the show makes it clear to the audience the way things work, even in the most subtle of ways - (don't read this spoiler until you've seen the episode)
loved the shadow of the Nekodamashi following the "cheater" from the tournament

We're also introduced to another major part of the storyline and one that brings Saki back into focus as the central character IMO. Without wishing to go into too much detail, I found this really interesting for linguistic reasons -
the Bakenezumi "click", but also speak in kind-of fragmented Japanese, so although the characters can't really understand them you get hints of what they're trying to say.
. I find the dialogue in this show pretty challenging to follow, but one of the more interesting things is the way that writing has changed in the future - we see more of this in this episode in particular, but you can particularly notice it in the title cards where the show's logo is smudged and corrupted so the kanji are distorted. I think it's all these little touches that make the show so interesting - a lot of attention has been paid to detail, both in the source material and in its adaptation.

If I have one disappointment, it's the music, which takes a bit of a tumble this week. It's not as terrible as I thought the music in Chuunibyou was but I think it weakens some of the earlier scenes in the episode.

Next week's episode should kick the story into high gear, but it's definitely living up to my expectations so far.

FWIW the ED is now included on the satellite broadast. It's a really fantastic ED sequence, probably one of my favourites.

EDIT TO ADD (sorry for long post) - there's a lot of CG in this episode. It's not great, but it's not terrible either. There's some pretty decent proper animation, though - although nothing as striking as the first episode's story sequence.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tari Tari was pretty fucking good, especially because Sawa was in it. But I can understand Japan otaku liking it. It was a lot of fun, despite the sameface syndrome. why can't Sawa backflip in front of me? :(

WakanaxShiho or WakanaxNaoko for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom