• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
iYyrdnabfpCIj.gif

Amazing.

I need this so so much. D: Why must you torture us like this? :(

cajunator

Banned
Kannazuki no Miko - 08

Oh.... my.

Souma
getting his ass beat by Chikane was something I've been wishing for since the second episode. Seeing her kick his ass, take his robot, and "his" girl was extreeeeeemely satisfying.

KNM is a pretty yuri show overall but it has frustrating moments. Plus its a rather fucking terrible show. but still, YURI.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kannazuki no Miko - 08

Oh.... my.

Souma
getting his ass beat by Chikane was something I've been wishing for since the second episode. Seeing her kick his ass, take his robot, and "his" girl was extreeeeeemely satisfying.

I told you! :)

It has so many good songs on its two disc ost, been listening to it for the past week, really pumps me up and makes me still wish for s2.

So have I, haha. Too bad for some reason they butchered the string section in certain songs, that made me real sad :C The song in this scene (@1:32), for example, shows up in the OST as track 1-14, but the strings are replaced with this terribly flat MIDI keyboard instrument. Light and Shadow, the track Neo posted, has a less-offensive replacement for the strings, but you can still hear around 1:09 that whatever string MIDI their using has less impact than the actual strings.

Also a little disappointed that this song isn't on the OST. Oh well, maybe in second season OST. :V

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kannazuki no Miko - 08

Oh.... my.

Souma

You guys and your yuri - with or without sex.

Yeah its one of those shows I'm not sure where it goes on my ranking, but I'm always happy to rewatch it. Its an unusual show that I just feel really comfortable watching. Certainly I'm not a NEET obviously, or a Hikikomori, but I can sympathize with such people.

I can really relate to this show..

Pooya

Zetsuen no Tempest - 01

well, that was a very good first episode. I didn't have any problem with the time jumps, it was pretty clear what was a flashback past the intro, regarding the sister. The action looks very well animated, expected from BONES.

I think the character designs are fine except Samon and Hakaze, they are a bit generic. It's like I already saw someone like Hakaze in half dozen other shows and Samon looks like someone from a Tales of game to me. He has the best voice, so that's ok...

I see that people say the story is going to be terrible based on the manga, Is that convoluted terrible or just lol worthy and terrible? if it's former I can deal with I guess, I can see now that this isn't going to make much sense later and things and twist happen just cause, it can still be entertaining.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
KNM is a pretty yuri show overall but it has frustrating moments. Plus its a rather fucking terrible show. but still, YURI.

You weren't kidding. When it comes to Chikane it's like I'm watching Strawberry Panic all over again. I hate it when my favorites have to suffer from
unrequited love
. And to make it even worse she's suffering by the hands of this loser (Souma)?

And yes the show itself is absolute garbage. Could not give a shit about the Orochi, mechs, and the fate of the world. All I want is my girls love.

Yayaaaaaaaaaaaa! ;_;

I told you! :)

Too bad I had to put up with some vile shit (
Souma kissing Himeko
) before it came to this. >:I

Mandoric

Banned
IIRC, ironically, that eventually led to Fukuda complaining about how games' shouldn't be altering the original scenario and creating something different under the same name when he was asked about his opinion regarding changes done by the games.

On Twitter, roughly:

Fukuda: "Why even keep the SEED Destiny name if you're going to do that with Shinn?"
Terada: "Hey, I was just giving the fanbase the SEED Destiny they actually wanted."

cajunator

Banned
You weren't kidding. When it comes to Chikane it's like I'm watching Strawberry Panic all over again. I hate it when my favorites have to suffer from
unrequited love

And yes the show itself is absolute garbage. Could not give a shit about the Orochi, mechs, and the fate of the world. All I want is my girls love.

Yayaaaaaaaaaaaa! ;_;

Souma kissing Himeko

Being yuri fan is suffering.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
unrequited love

Yayaaaaaaaaaaaa! ;_;

Souma kissing Himeko

My only promise is to deliver yuri, I make no claims about anything else. :3

duckroll

Zetsuen no Tempest - 01

I think the character designs are fine except Samon and Hakaze, they are a bit generic. It's like I already saw someone like Hakaze in half dozen other shows and Samon looks like someone from a Tales of game to me. He has the best voice, so that's ok...

I see that people say the story is going to be terrible based on the manga, Is that convoluted terrible or just lol worthy and terrible? if it's former I can deal with I guess, I can see now that this isn't going to make much sense later and things and twist happen just cause, it can still be entertaining.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the designs for any of the characters in the mage clan really. They all look like generic shounen rejects. Great voice cast though. What I really like about the designs for the "normal" lead characters is that they have really nice clothing design. The color design and the detail in the jacket for Mahiro in particular is really nice.

It's definitely convoluted terrible. It's not really lol worthy like Geass, because the manga takes it self really seriously, and from the looks of ep1, the anime does too. There's a really somber tone and everything is directed like a film - really cinematic with heavy performances from the cast and a sweeping score. The problem is that the writing and dialogue is really kinda... dumb for the amount of seriousness they're going for. That's the main problem. If you can deal with it getting worse, you'll probably still get a kick out of it. Lots of action to look forward to. :p

Ultimadrago

Busou Shinki 1

Mini robot girls are owned by people which they call by the name of "Master."
In this episode,you will hear "Master" said more times in a single sitting than you have heard in your life.

Spend twenty exciting minutes seeing toys interact with packed boxes and have a dull confrontation all in the name of what's best for Master.

Boring CG aerial battles to boot.

This whole viewing was a mistake.

Zetsuen no Tempest - 01

A little bit of both. I love convoluted stuff, but this kind of just expects you to accept and understand some really asinine actions. A debate happens that's very close to pure nonsense and it becomes unstructured as hell.

I don't hate it as much as duckroll, but it's not something I imagine many people will like.

cajunator

Banned
Busou Shinki 1

Mini robot girls are owned by people which they call by the name of "Master."
In this episode,you will hear "Master" said more times in a single sitting than you have heard in your life.

Spend twenty exciting minutes seeing toys interact with packed boxes, have a dull battle all in the name of what's best for Master.

Boring CG aerial battles to boot.

This whole viewing was a mistake.

The way you described this almost makes me want to watch it.
But I currently have some bad indigestion and this could make it worse.

yami4ct

On Twitter, roughly:

Fukuda: "Why even keep the SEED Destiny name if you're going to do that with Shinn?"
Terada: "Hey, I was just giving the fanbase the SEED Destiny they actually wanted."

I hate to agree with the guy who gave us GSD, but I always found the Gundam games distasteful. Especially ones that re-do the story of the series just for the sake of fan service. Altering the original creator's intent for the sake of giving certain fans a different outcome feels wrong.

duckroll

A little bit of both. I love convoluted stuff, but this kind of just expects you to accept and understand some really asinine actions. A debate happens that's very close to pure nonsense and it becomes unstructured as hell.

I don't hate it as much as duckroll, but it's not something I imagine many people will like.

It's okay, Mari Okada and Ando will save us all. Mahiro will just fire the gun. Believe!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
On Twitter, roughly:

( ´Д`)y━・~~

Evidence leads me to believe that a vast majority of animeGaffers are in fact masochists. Including myself.

Indeed we are. Or rather, I try to be but typically fail. I just wanna fit in... ;_;

Not enough. People haven't watched Guilty Crown.

I suffered through Doujin Crown. Never again.

NeonZ

I hate to agree with the guy who gave us GSD, but I always found the Gundam games distasteful. Especially ones that re-do the story of the series just for the sake of fan service. Altering the original creator's intent for the sake of giving certain fans a different outcome feels wrong.

To be fair, in Super Robot Wars case, which is what led to that discussion, it's often extremely distracting when they stick rigidly to the series plot in spite of all the crossovers around. SRW J followed the SEED plot extremely closely, aside from letting some antagonists live slightly longer than usual. That resulted in early SEED Kira complaining about how he had to fight to protect his friends, even if he didn't want to do it... even though in the game's scenario the Archangel was supported by the Nadesico and its Aestevalis, the Combattler V and the Mazinger Z since the start of SEED's plot. There's no reason Kira "needed" to fight when there were a bunch of pilots around using things comparable to the Strike itself. He might as well have gone to his room and leave the Strike gathering dust in the hangar. The unaltered SEED script used by that game just became completely nonsensical there and in several other points.

Jex

Gintama 253

A-tier trolling on the very first episode back. Amazing. Can't believe they edited the OP and ED BEFORE we even got to see how they normally look.

Also, Blue Exorcist reference!

More importantly, they had a Big Zam (from Mobile Suit Gundam) reference. It was probably the weirdest Gundam reference considering that it was used as a wooden horse.

yami4ct

To be fair, in Super Robot Wars case, which is what led to that discussion, it's often extremely distracting when they stick rigidly to the series plot in spite of all the crossovers around. SRW J followed the SEED plot extremely closely, aside from letting some antagonists live slightly longer than usual. That resulted in early SEED Kira complaining about how he had to fight to protect his friends, even if he didn't want to do it... even though in the game's scenario the Archangel was supported by the Nadesico and its Aestevalis, the Combattler V and the Mazinger Z since the start of SEED's plot. There's no reason Kira "needed" to fight when there were a bunch of pilots around using things comparable to the Strike itself. The mostly unaltered SEED script used by that game just became completely nonsensical there and in several other points.

I don't think they should retell scenarios from the individual series in that case. Honestly, I'd much rather them come up with an original story that involved those characters.

Osaka15

Banned
I love fall anime Line-up. So much to look forward to. I can not believe there will be an intial D fifth Stage! Looking forward to

yami4ct

I love fall anime Line-up. So much to look forward to. I can not believe there will be an intial D fifth Stage! Looking forward to

I want to like Intial D, I really do. Read some of the manga and really enjoyed it. It's just, those CG cars. I don't know.

Kannazuki no Miko - 05

So
Souma confessed his love for Himeko during his fight and she couldn't be happier...

tumblr_m0sxcp8N0y1rqfhi2o1_250.gif
At the time i didn't know yuri yet ... so i was expecting this to happen ..

Now as i love yuri ..this is a very angry moment for me.

Kannazuki no Miko - 07

Fuck this show.
Normal reaction
Kannazuki no Miko - 08

Oh.... my.

Souma

You'll Love the rest of the show

I will join this list eventually, but there's just so much other stuff to watch that doesn't make me want to step on a landmine.

Stopped watching at ep 14 ..it was enjoyable but it turned in a way i didn't wish to know ..i'll watch the rest one day ..one day ...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Guilty Crown Casualty list
kayos90
cosmicblizzard
narag
rurounizel
amishpriest99

and the list grows.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom