• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimPanzer

So physical pc versions don't include the whole game, right? No point in getting the game if I don't have access to internet atm, right?

Yesterday I spent quite a while trying to figure out a build and something like this might be what I actually go with. Endurance is the worst and CHA/INT the best.

I spent a ton of time just figuring out what works best with the way I play these games, and this is the end result. Endurance, while helpful in regards to health points, shouldn't be needed if I play smartly.

Linkhero1

Yes of course. I've never heard of a AAA game ever selling out or having limited copies outside of collectors editions.

It's not that, I'm not sure if they'll allow me to walk in without a preorder receipt. My local Best Buy closes before 9 PM.

aravuus

Be where

in lines camping out for the game? Gamestop has 9 PM releases now.

Uhh.. In the thread, obviously. It's 2015, nobody stands in line for video games anymore, right? I would imagine most have either pre-ordered a copy or pre-loaded the digital version.

e: and wouldn't the embargo have been lifted for around 12 hours already at that point? If we're talking US Gamestops. I'm terrible with timezones.

Playing the game rather than angrily mashing their faces on the keyboard in a review thread.

See my latter post

Uhh.. In the thread, obviously. It's 2015, nobody stands in line for video games anymore, right? I would imagine most have either pre-ordered a copy or pre-loaded the digital version.

e: and wouldn't the embargo have been lifted for around 12 hours already at that point? If we're talking US Gamestops. I'm terrible with timezones.

Which thread? The OP for the game? By golly they sure would. Probably discussing builds or what they're going to do first, or some such.

Many seem to be getting the console version, which they'll get hours or days after the embargo ends

They're gonna be there

Oh, they're gonna be there alright.

Odds are they're gonna be starting a fair amount of shit of their own, I'm sure. (we got the checklist for that, lmao.)
Odds are they're also gonna have their presence wildly exaggerated.
Odds are some will have to deal with implications that they're naive enablers or blinded fanboys for expressing the notion that they'll probably enjoy the game regardless.
The four or five most vocal and insane zealots are also going to somehow come to represent the entire GAF Fallout community during the course of that thread, odds are.
And also, any statement that doesn't immediately acquiesce to whatever review snippet happens to validate their opposition's beliefs will be shut down with checklist.jpeg posted by a random junior. I don't even need to mention the odds there, lol.

there are gonna be battles, vindication, emotional stories of nostalgia, hasty attempts at design analysis from people on opposite sides of the hype spectrum whose primary shared trait will be that they haven't played the game, the whole nine. it's gonna be a shitshow, a shit tornado, no, a shit typhoon, and at this point all we can do is wait and see who exactly will be doing the most shitting in the wind :p

Hip Hop

What time does this unlock on PC via VPN?

We need someone to make a PC performance thread soon after that, can't wait.

Hopefully my GTX 670 and i5 run it decently.

Close to max will be nice at 30fps. Witcher 3 had no problems with that.

EDIT:

answered last page.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
For Aus/NZ or anybody on Steam who uses a VPN.

Wonderful :D

Is it a one time unlock like Origin or do I need to stay in the VPN? With fifa you can unlock it, close the vpn and its unlocked permanently.

Vex_

Banned
Gais? I'm starting to lose control. I tried to take a nap, but that didn't work. The fact that the game is so close, makes me have butterflies in my stomach so bad... I feel like I am going to throw up :/

We are SO close. Wow.

Hip Hop

Is it a one time unlock like Origin or do I need to stay in the VPN? With fifa you can unlock it, close the vpn and its unlocked permanently.

You will have to restart the VPN everytime you want to start the game up again. But, it only needs to be on initially when you start the game.

Bennehmaru

Neo Member

I've found with Steam you can disconnect once the game is open, but if you want to open it again you need to use the VPN, I tend to just leave it on tbh.

aravuus

Which thread? The OP for the game? By golly they sure would. Probably discussing builds or what they're going to do first, or some such.

The review thread! The thread we've been talking about all this time lol

Oh, they're gonna be there alright.

Odds are they're gonna be starting a fair amount of shit of their own, I'm sure. (we got the checklist for that, lmao.)
Odds are they're also gonna have their presence wildly exaggerated.
Odds are some will have to deal with implications that they're naive enablers or blinded fanboys for expressing the notion that they'll probably enjoy the game regardless.
The four or five most vocal and insane zealots are also going to somehow come to represent the entire GAF Fallout community during the course of that thread, odds are.
And also, any statement that doesn't immediately acquiesce to whatever review snippet happens to validate their opposition's beliefs will be shut down with checklist.jpeg posted by a random junior. I don't even need to mention the odds there, lol.

there are gonna be battles, vindication, emotional stories of nostalgia, hasty attempts at design analysis from people on opposite sides of the hype spectrum whose primary shared trait will be that they haven't played the game, the whole nine. it's gonna be a shitshow, a shit tornado, no, a shit typhoon, and at this point all we can do is wait and see who exactly will be doing the most shitting in the wind :p

In short, it's gonna be great. I won't have time to read the thread thanks to the magic that is VPN, but I'll be sure to check out the remains after a couple of days

It's not that, I'm not sure if they'll allow me to walk in without a preorder receipt. My local Best Buy closes before 9 PM.

Just ask one of the workers. I went in for Black Ops 3 with no preorder and the guy at the register told me there would be plenty. Unless they say specifically, get in line. They were taking preorders first but I told them I didn't have one and they sold it to me anyways no problem.

N30RYU

Can anyone recommend me a build for a V.A.T.S. user?

Also there's no way to unlock the game early on the XBO other than wait till it comes in the Xbox Store country you purchsed it?

gossi

5 hours, with VPN.

SZZcjG3.jpg

gossi

Is Steam still okay with that? Used VPN unlock a couple of years ago and don't know if they actually ban people for it now.

Nobody has been banned for it. Bethesda's twitter account actually tweeted out that New Zealand unlock moved to 2am NZ time, so it's not like they're hiding it either.

Bl@de

Well in that case. I have a VPN with Australia in the list^^ No New Zealand but still good enough. 5h to go according to it.

JohngPR

Yeah, there's no need to go into offline mode at all. You just disconnect the VPN once you start the game up.

Is that right? I'm almost certain that if you don't go offline, Steam will connect to your regular internet and notice that it's not Feburary 10th yet and lock the game again.

gossi

Is that right? I'm almost certain that if you don't go offline, Steam will connect to your regular internet and notice that it's not Feburary 10th yet and lock the game again.

They mean disconnect *after* you're in game. You still need VPN open if you restart your computer, for example.

Hope there are a lot of different sniper rifles and pistols (especially revolvers). Think they'll be my main weapons, even if they're not the most effective :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom