• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlocks 3 and a half hours from now

Just turn on VPN before logging into Steam

e: woo one of top 3 posters in this thread (quantity > quality)

Never used a VPN before to unlock a game early on steam. Has anyone got a quick tutorial on how to do it and what application? Got nothing to do tonight so if I can get Fallout4 up and running I'll crack on with it tonight instead :)

Urthor

Does anyone know if you can mod a unique 44 pistol into say a rifle?

There's an absolutely insane unique weapon for 44s, and the modding situation with assault rifles n stuff seems very flexible, thought maybe you could turn it into a lever action rifle or somesuch, which'd be beyond amazing.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Never used a VPN before to unlock a game early on steam. Has anyone got a quick tutorial on how to do it and what application? Got nothing to do tonight so if I can get Fallout4 up and running I'll crack on with it tonight instead :)

I don't know any free/trial vpn's. I use PIA which is about $6/month but AirVPN has 3 day access for $1.

Klendathu

For anybody still in this thread and wondering about preload in Europe, Sony support have said it'll start at 12pm local time (i.e.12 hours before release).

Hello,

Preload should be available at 12PM in your own locale.

Preload is generally enabled at noon the day before the game is scheduled to be released.​

Of course, it's Sony saying it and preloads are not generally this late in the EU so hmmm...

Frillen

What difficulty are you on? If you were to rate the difficulty a 10 immediately upon leaving the vault, how would you rate the difficulty after 20 - 25 hours? Just curious if it becomes really easy after a while in terms of money and power.

Normal.

Pretty hard the first 5 hours, it obviously depends on what level the enemies are. Attacking enemies with a skull beside their HP, is a hint to get the hell out of there. I have taken down some with a skull though on normal.

I have still not have the thought "dammit, this is too easy, I should crank up to hard". There's some really tough encounters even on normal.

Again people, mark down the Misc quest "Talk to Bonni". Do not ignore that quest!! It turned into one of the most epic side quests I've played in a Bethesda game. It also has a nice moral choice at the end.

matt05891

Trying to take a "nap" before it launches. Just decided 30 minutes ago to VPN it and now I'm just so anxious. Biggest problem at the moment is Normal or Hard... agh!

gossi

For info - the game is already live on Xbox One, you just need to buy it from New Zealand digital store.

PC unlock in 30 via NZ.

5 hours, with VPN.

SZZcjG3.jpg
How do you do that?

What's VPN? Is it a download or something?
Yeah it's basically to change your IP address temporarily, google FlyVPN and download that. Install it and use the account info on the freetrial page of their site (the login info changes very frequently so make sure u get the up to date info). Then select New Zealand (Under Oceania) and connect.

Once you do that, you have to make Steam change you to the AUS server, which u can do on the cart page (just try to buy something and go to the cart).

Restart steam and you should be good to go.

M.D

private message.

I sent a msg and they said they'd look into then didn't answer for a few hours, then after sending another msg they sent me this

"Hi,

Keys are currently in the process of being sent out; however if you have yet to receive your key could you please e-mail support@funstock.co.uk and they will assist your further.

Thank You
"

They're site has been running like shit for me for like a week now and its not working at all now, probably a lot of people trying to log in to see if they got their key

All VPN are satured hahahaha

And we need to dowload a Day One patch...

This solution is shit , we have no chance to play before this night... ( night for me in europe :D )

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I was predicting an 89, but score aside I'm just looking forward to tons of full impressions of the game.

LOL it won't hit 89 when all is said and done. Once more reviews hit the Metacritic average will drop for sure as it always starts off higher than it ends up.

You know what that means? Dragon Age Inquisition >>> Fallout 4.

Planet

I feel an itch to create a "LTTP: Fallout 4" thread, because I only got it one day early... XD

Meant as a parody of those LTTP threads of 2 months old games. But I tremble in fear of the ban hammer... :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom