• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

Took them long enough.
Transparent bra

And anyway, this preset looks amazing, totally changed the tone of the game. Not sure if looks good in-game though.
Amazing_Vanilla_Correction_by_7R1X_6.bmp.png

Amazing_Vanilla_Correction_by_7R1X_2.bmp.png

KeRaSh

I know console mods aren't coming anytime soon but I'd like to know what mods we can expect. Will they consider mods that tweak stats like max S.P.E.C.I.A.L., unlimited weight limit or ammo and things like that? There's probably not much to do on the graphical side of things so what else could be added via mods?

I know console mods aren't coming anytime soon but I'd like to know what mods we can expect. Will they consider mods that tweak stats like max S.P.E.C.I.A.L., unlimited weight limit or ammo and things like that? There's probably not much to do on the graphical side of things so what else could be added via mods?
I'd think so. I think console owners will be SOL for graphic mods

AXE

Wait what?

Mods are possible?

Does this mean that this'll be as modded as Skyrim?

Because if it does my interest just went from 0 to 100 %

Trace

Banned
Wait what?

Mods are possible?

Depending on how popular it is. It probably won't quite have the same number, but it has more possibilities modwise than Skyrim did.

Steel

Banned
Wait what?

Mods are possible?

You didn't expect mods to be possible? In a bethesda game?

New buildings for settlement building, gameplay possibilities, weapons, quests, companions(there were some really awesome fully voiced quest and companion mods for skyrim), Graphics(it's gonna happen), total conversions....

Honestly you can max SPECIAL through console commands without any mods.

edit:

Oh wait, we're talking consoles. Then most of the above still applies minus graphics. Though they'll have to be bethesda approved, which will probably thin it out a lot.

Has a visible weapon holster mod already been discussed? Would hope that'd be one of the ones making it to console, unless the whole reason they removed it was visual memory limit or something.

Steel

Banned
I wonder if FOSE/Wyre Flash will still works, or have they changed the modding mechanics?

Considering people have already modded in stuff like Red Sox underwear and new eyeballs, it wouldn't surprise me if the old tools still work.

The mods are awesome. I took a regular old hunting rifle. Extended the barrel, added a scope, added a larger stock, and now it's a sniper. Love the addition of mods in this game.

:p

There's around $350 up for grabs at wsgf if anyone can manage to mod the ui to scale with 21:9/surround resolutions.

There's a 21:9 support guide on the steam community:
How to add 21:9 (ultrawide) support.
To have this game run in 21:9 without issue simply open Fallout4Prefs.ini in your documents (C:\Users\[name]\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\), and change the following lines to how they are below:

For borderless windowed mode:
bTopMostWindow=1
bMaximizeWindow=1
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=XXXX
iSize W=YYYY

Where XXXX is whatever your vertical resolution is aand YYYY is whatever your horizontal resolution is.

For fullscreen mode:
bTopMostWindow=0
bMaximizeWindow=0
bBorderless=0
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1080
iSize W=2560

Where XXXX is whatever your vertical resolution is aand YYYY is whatever your horizontal resolution is.

Next do the same for the second Fallout4Prefs.ini located in wherever you insalled steam then steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout 4.

Currently the hud will stretch, but this is a good start and hopefully the hud can be fixed (i'll look into it).

3B4501E28C8F69A9280664A66954342AB683613B

Has a visible weapon holster mod already been discussed? Would hope that'd be one of the ones making it to console, unless the whole reason they removed it was visual memory limit or something.
Probably won't come out until proper modding tools are released...

Then again I did find this in a fallout4.ini dump someone gave me:
bDisableGearedUp=1

It was under [General], I tried putting it to 0 and adding it to both fallout4.ini and fallout4prefs.ini, but it did nothing. Not even sure it's supposed to mean showing weapons on character. Maybe I did something wrong, idk.

Here's the fallout4.ini dump if anybody wants to take a look.

cress2000

Hoping for a mod that lets you rebind hardcoded keys, if one doesn't already exist yet. I'm an ESDF mutant and actions hardcoded to E causes problems with some things.

KiraXD

stuff im looking for is pretty lame, but i want to be able to change eyebrow, facial hair and hair color, independently... like brown hair with a grey beard. or just let me have more color options. (ill do color mods myself if when i find out how.)

also... new hair meshes. needs way more hair style options.

Zukuu

Banned
For now, I want 3 mods:

-No XP when building settlement stuff.
-Mark "Junk items" with a * or something, so I can only pick those up and don't need to micromanage the useless other stuff like armors and weapons, which are worth next to nothing and clog up my inventory.
-PC: Keybinding mod. In particular to change the arrow keys during conversation with (Shift+) WASD.

KKRT00

I would like much, much smaller crosshair as a mod. I'm currently playing game with it turned off, because it annoys me as hell.

----
Mod request, someone add character shadow in first person mode. ...can't be that hard, can it?

Actually kinda is, because FPP doesnt render body, so game doesnt have a reference shadowmap for a player.

I would like much, much smaller crosshair as a mod. I'm currently playing game with it turned off, because it annoys me as hell.

----

Actually kinda is, because FPP doesnt render body, so game doesnt have a reference shadowmap for a player.

There must be a way to circumvent this... let the game draw both perspectives at the same time and then use the shadow map only for the fps mode... I don't care if the performance plummets ;)

StereoVsn

I'm talking about the UI elements alone, not the game itself. They get stretched and their backgrounds misplaced when you use 21:9 or widescreen res. Crafting menus become unusable, text gets stretched extra, it doesn't scale properly.

Eh, no, crafting menus work fine, tested it last night. You do get stretched UI though but it's not a super huge deal.

Ragona

So i read the proper modding tools will be released early 2016 on pc.
How about stuff like Interface mods? does that require the mod tools?

Irobot82

Unfortunately I believe so. Plus SkyUI required the Skyrim Script Extender, so it's probably safe to assume PipUI (or whatever it will be called) will require it too. So that's a bummer because my two biggest gripes are UI and Dialog.

Please please please someone mod the dialog. Just change it back to a box where you select what will actually be said.

lazygecko

In Skyrim the interface was mostly handled using Flash and vector graphics, which made it exponentially more difficult to mod compared to previous games. I suspect Fallout 4 is similar at least when it comes to HUD elements and such. Not sure about the pip boy.

bathsalts

Hoping for a mod that lets you rebind hardcoded keys, if one doesn't already exist yet. I'm an ESDF mutant and actions hardcoded to E causes problems with some things.

Autokey work around
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/146/?
not the most elegant but that might work for you, god bless fully remappable keyboards, how do you esdf'ers live without them.

Looking forward to a mod that removes level restrictions off perks. So unnecessary.

up
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/136/?

looks buggy though

draetenth

I'd imagine it wouldn't be anything that causes performance issues (i.e. you might see the lowest level of flora/graphic mods, but nothing like the 2k - 4k - 8k stuff), anything that really requires a proper load order (since I doubt there will be loot/wrye bash or anything to set the load order), or gigantic overhauls like Project Nevada/FO3 Wanderer's Edition since so many things could go wrong.

Wait what?

Mods are possible?

Yes, why wouldn't there be mods? That's like the biggest thing about Bethesda games on PC (that and the huge open world to explore). It should definitely be as modded as Skyrim. Heck people are still working on mods for the older games like Fallout 3.

Gaz_RB

Probably won't come out until proper modding tools are released...

Then again I did find this in a fallout4.ini dump someone gave me:
bDisableGearedUp=1

It was under [General], I tried putting it to 0 and adding it to both fallout4.ini and fallout4prefs.ini, but it did nothing. Not even sure it's supposed to mean showing weapons on character. Maybe I did something wrong, idk.

Here's the fallout4.ini dump if anybody wants to take a look.

Man I wished this worked. I would kill to see my Sniper Rifle strapped across my back.

Although since it wasn't put in the main game like Skyrim any mod that does will likely be awkward.

stufte

Really need a mod to favorite entire sets of equipment to switch between. I want to quickly switch out of my ugly raider gear into some CHR bonus outfits for in-town stuff.

Linkhero1

Does anyone know if there are any mods to add music/radio stations in the works? I wouldn't mind on working on my own mod but I don't know where to begin.

Edit: Specifically for the Xbox One.

FOV settings added to tweak weapon FOV via console and have it saved forever

Now, tweak the Pipboy and your gun!

1. Open the Console with Tilde (~)
2. Type: 'fov ##' (smaller is larger)
3. Type 'refreshini'
4. Type Tilde again
5. Save and Reload and G2G

Top Bottom