• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

GavinGT

Banned
Hey guys, I'm trying to download the Fallout 4 Configuration Tool from nexus but I'm getting this message whenever I try.

e482e914dbff7aa9c67464051be57659.png

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to possibly zip the file for me and upload it to another site, maybe mega? cheers!

You need to log in.

Irobot82

Does some of these mods work on XO ?
Or is it going to work differently?

lol! No. You'll have to wait for the GECK kit to be released for PC and for BethesdaNet to get set up and for people to submit mods for their approval and for them to post them in some form to XO. Good luck!

Anno

- your inventory is split into tabs, unless you want to transfer/buy/sell in which case - welcome to the endless list from hell!

It's probably a much better UI than Skyrim, but that's not really saying much :(

Maybe I'm just tripping, but you can totally break out the buy/sell/transfer lists into the same segments with the little arrows at the top, right? Did I dream this?

I kept on waiting for the screen to clear up, then I thought it was a "feature", now I can't be arsed to go back to the beginning and try to get it to work properly.

I play a lot of "guess the carry weight" when I'm overburdened, but am not sure by how much, and need to dump crap, but don't know how much anything weighs.

It's a crappy solution but you can download the Pipboy app for your phone or tablet. It has identical functionality to the in game Pipboy and works really, really well.

Mohonky

The lack of native 21:9 support is baffling, at this point in time more games support it than ones that don't. I can understand Statecraft 2 not having it for player balance reasons being it's such a competitive game that extra view would give some an advantage, but in a game like this, I would expect 21:9 support given the uptake of 21:9 screens in the past few years and the fact that the majority of the time I don't even have to wonder about whether a game supports it as most games now just do.

Anton668

ok, so I tried
Remove Mouse Acceleration
Getting rid of horrid mouse acceleration is in three steps as well. Start off with the Fallout4.ini file in My Games, and this time scroll down to “[Controls]”. Under there you need to add:

bMouseAcceleration=0

Second, the Fallout4Prefs.ini in the same folder, and under ‘[Display]’ add:

bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1

Then finally you need to find the game’s install folder for Steam, which will be something like ‘X:[your steam directory]steamappscommonFallout 4Fallout4′ where X is the hard drive on which you install Steam games. In there you’ll also find a Fallout4Prefs.ini, and you need to add the same line under ‘[Display]’.

bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1

and all it did was turn my game into a slide show.
anyone else have issues?

brau

When i use the command to change the weight i can carry... this kinda resets every time i get into and out of a power armor.

Also.. the state doesn't save?

Its not hard to just open the command and press up and enter to activate it again. Just thought it was weird.

When i use the command to change the weight i can carry... this kinda resets every time i get into and out of a power armor.

Also.. the state doesn't save?

Its not hard to just open the command and press up and enter to activate it again. Just thought it was weird.

Weird. I don't have to do that.

Grassy

Is there a way to make the console weight modification stay? I seems to reset back for some reason.

player.modav carryweight 5000

or

player.forceav carryweight 5000

Edit: using 'player.setav carryweight 5000' will only modify it for your current session.

I wanted to use this one, how did you do it. Never used Reshade before. Downloaded it and was lost after that hehe.

- Download reshade: http://reshade.me/
- Install it to your Fallout 4.exe
- Download the preset from sfx.lazy
- Rename the notepad file to SweetFX_settings.txt
- Move it to common > Fallout 4 > SweetFX and replace

And you're done. Press Scroll lock to turn it on/off. If you want to try many other presets, just follow step 3 to 5. Rename your old preset to something else just in case you want to use is again later.

There's a Carry Weight mod out.
For those of us who hate inventory management and shuffling items to followers, this mod is for you!

There are two files in this mod! The first contains a modification to your default carry weight of 200. The second contains a modification to the bonus carry weight you get from increasing your strength.

There are seven options for modifying your default carry weight:
CarryWeight100.esp
CarryWeight250.esp
CarryWeight300.esp
CarryWeight500.esp
CarryWeight1000.esp
CarryWeight9999.esp
CarryWeight99999.esp

marzlapin

So I've played about 20 hours with my first character and I made a second one just to mess around with the character creator. I ended up liking the 2nd character's face a lot better than my first one. Anyone know if there's a way to swap heads between player characters? I don't really want to restart my game but I want to use the face I like.

Jedi2016

I'd rather just a HUD editor that lets me shrink the bars and move them around, push them off into the corners further.

demolitio

So I've played about 20 hours with my first character and I made a second one just to mess around with the character creator. I ended up liking the 2nd character's face a lot better than my first one. Anyone know if there's a way to swap heads between player characters? I don't really want to restart my game but I want to use the face I like.

Not sure how easily you could replicate it, but can't you just go to the plastic surgeon in Diamond City? I haven't been there yet but heard there's one there.

Not sure how easily you could replicate it, but can't you just go to the plastic surgeon in Diamond City? I haven't been there yet but heard there's one there.

Or use console commands:
1. tfc to toggle free cam
2. showlooksmenu player to customize your character's look anywhere

Just don't use it while on power armor. Credit to Reddit.

spannicus

- Download reshade: http://reshade.me/
- Install it to your Fallout 4.exe
- Download the preset from sfx.lazy
- Rename the notepad file to SweetFX_settings.txt
- Move it to common > Fallout 4 > SweetFX and replace

And you're done. Press Scroll lock to turn it on/off. If you want to try many other presets, just follow step 3 to 5. Rename your old preset to something else just in case you want to use is again later.
Thank you!

marzlapin

There is, but you can't change the preset head your face is based on, so the customization is more limited than the initial creator.

Or use console commands:
1. tfc to toggle free cam
2. showlooksmenu player to customize your character's look anywhere

Just don't use it while on power armor. Credit to Reddit.

I tried this but it's really hard to actually customize because it doesn't turn off the idle animations so your character is squirming around constantly. :\

I guess I could try changing the preset with the console and then going to the plastic surgeon. Or wait for a mod. Thanks anyway, guys.

There is, but you can't change the preset head your face is based on, so the customization is more limited than the initial creator.

I tried this but it's really hard to actually customize because it doesn't turn off the idle animations so your character is squirming around constantly. :\

I guess I could try changing the preset with the console and then going to the plastic surgeon. Or wait for a mod. Thanks anyway, guys.

I haven't tried it myself, but is there a console command to pause the game?
Perhaps if it's paused the character will stand still, then you can peacefully customize him/her that way.

daxy

'tfc' does that, but you need to enter it before you do showlooksmenu.

That black pipboy looks good, there's an idea for more mods like that. Custom pipboy modifications, put some more lcds and some speakers on it Xzibit style.

Needlecrash

The enhanced wasteland mod didn't work out for me. It put the windowed the game with misaligned text and the hud as well. I'll wait for the update next week to see if it fixes it.

I sure hope the mod that shuts the NPCs the fuck up comes out soon. It was a must have in Skyrim. Of course they put the most annoying idiots right by the workbench/weapon table in F4...and you can't kill them.

Top Bottom