• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

zXe

Hey guys, I'm trying to download the Fallout 4 Configuration Tool from nexus but I'm getting this message whenever I try.

e482e914dbff7aa9c67464051be57659.png

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to possibly zip the file for me and upload it to another site, maybe mega? cheers!

Pakoe

FOV settings added to tweak weapon FOV via console and have it saved forever

Now, tweak the Pipboy and your gun!

1. Open the Console with Tilde (~)
2. Type: 'fov ##' (smaller is larger)
3. Type 'refreshini'
4. Type Tilde again
5. Save and Reload and G2G

Does doing this disable achievements?

Speaking of which, does increasing the weight limit with that console command disable achievements?

No.
I did use that once earlier, and I still earn achievements. Or use it while in offline mode just in case, as I used it that way.

------------------------------------------

I need visible holstered weapon mod. How did they ditch that nice little feature from the previous games?

That's impressive.
I didn't realize that lighting in this game has serious problem until I saw that video.

I wasn't going to bother with ENB this time around but I like this turn off feature and didn't actually notice the fake lighting until this video.

If he managed to get Godrays to work it might end up being better looks/fps then the default one, which is retarded as hell.

ENB don't work with godrays?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/185/?

get it before the dictatorship at nexus strikes me down again

Wtf lol.

RE4PRR

That's impressive.
ENB don't work with godrays?

I haven't read his forum but the update 0.280 adding FO4 support he says -

"Regarding graphics, i'm very dissapointed, Fallout 4 developers outperfomed themselves by ugliness of renderer architecture and graphics modding will be many times harder than with their older games, some features can't be implemented at all."

Current ENB is just base so no graphic enhancements, so I'm not going to say outright it will have godrays because I have no idea.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I haven't read his forum but the update 0.280 adding FO4 support he says -

"Regarding graphics, i'm very dissapointed, Fallout 4 developers outperfomed themselves by ugliness of renderer architecture and graphics modding will be many times harder than with their older games, some features can't be implemented at all."

Current ENB is just base so no graphic enhancements, so I'm not going to say outright it will have godrays because I have no idea.

Sounds like we'll need Bethesda to get on releasing those mod tools asap.

Blizzard

Banned
People who want to to kill virtual children is one of the few things in mods that really makes me feel skeezy. Like, I get that they're annoying, but that's such a specific thing to want.

People who want to to kill virtual children is one of the few things in mods that really makes me feel skeezy. Like, I get that they're annoying, but that's such a specific thing to want.

Being annoying is a perfectly justified reason to want to kill an npc in a video game tbh.

aravuus

Is there any lockpicking mods out yet? I'm guessing you can't just use the NV or 3 ones.

Nope, but hopefully someone comes up with one real soon. I hate the lockpicking (and hacking) minigame(s) so much.

Hey, if I want to roleplay as a homicidal maniac, I want to be able to kill anyone and everyone.

Tagyhag

It's been something that was on the original games, it makes sense to want it back.

You paid the price for killing them too, early mods probably won't do anything special other than allowing them to be killed but it's a start.

Angry Fork

Anyone know if there's a fix out yet for the small UI glitches that happen when you change your FOV? Like the green backgrounds for text are off.

Also the pip boy and computer terminals are zoomed out a bit. I saw that you can change this using console but if you change your FOV to something smaller in console it overwrites your custom fov entirely so you no longer have a higher fov. Is there a way to keep higher fov everywhere except pipboy/terminals?

I don't get why they can't just put this stuff in the game. Every Bathesda game you have to tweak multiple files just to do something so simple...

OMFG. I pointed out the stupid character lighting and asked if he could remove that effect on the ENB forums, and he did it! Yessssss!

I fucking hate this effect, and many games seem to use it nowadays, Guild Wars 2 does it, Elderscrolls online does it, Bloodborne does it, Dark Souls 3, the list goes on. It looks really stupid when the character is in a dark place and is lit up like a freakin spotlight is shining on them.

Hope to see these as Powered Armor mods

-Master Chief
-WH40K Space Marine
-Iron Man
-The Guyver
-Power Rangers

im not very lore friendly

GavinGT

Banned
The console command solution for increasing weight limit is a pain. Every time you get in/out of power armor you have to re-run the command. Is there a better way yet?

aravuus

Nope. In case you didn't know, you can use the up and down keys in the console to scroll through the list of commands you've input during the current session. So you know, tilde -> up -> enter, no need to write player.modav etc every time.

Just something to make it a tiny bit less tedious.

dumbo

UI things that would ideally be fixed by Bethesda, but I'm not holding my breath:
- the save window, it's buggy as the text seems to switch randomly (it's also very small for no obvious reason).
- animations on entering/leaving the various workbenches (if you want deconstruct weapons, armour and access the workbench... it takes a while).
- press
to leave the workbench, then press
to re-enter the workbench or [enter] to confirm that you wanted to leave the workbench.
- [esc] exits menus/windows, except when
exits the windows and [esc] brings up the system menu.
- press [r] to scrap an item, then press [enter] to confirm you want to scrap the item.
- press [e] to pick up the flask on the table, but move the mouse 0.1px and [e] will make your avatar sit on the chair next to the table instead o_O.
- your inventory is split into tabs, unless you want to transfer/buy/sell in which case - welcome to the endless list from hell!

It's probably a much better UI than Skyrim, but that's not really saying much :(

Mikeside

I really want mods to remove the build limit in settlements, and, ideally, to allow me to build underground in them too.

I'd like a mod that fixes this glitch that I got that makes the Pipboy nearly unreadable in the corners.

WOnxo2v.jpg

Also, usually it's way worse than that. I can never know the weight I'm carrying, the stats of any of my items without looking at them through the transfer screen, or how much health I have.

Citizen K

Sorry if answered but can you build your own house that only your player character can use? Just so I can store my stuff there.

Alternatively is there a safe place to store your items? I was thinking the workshop but won't it automatically scrap stuff as and when needed to build?

Mikeside

I'd like a mod that fixes this glitch that I got that makes the Pipboy nearly unreadable in the corners.

WOnxo2v.jpg

Also, usually it's way worse than that. I can never know the weight I'm carrying, the stats of any of my items without looking at them through the transfer screen, or how much health I have.

I've not had that particular issue. I'd be livid if I did, that's crap.

I've not had that particular issue. I'd be livid if I did, that's crap.

I kept on waiting for the screen to clear up, then I thought it was a "feature", now I can't be arsed to go back to the beginning and try to get it to work properly.

I play a lot of "guess the carry weight" when I'm overburdened, but am not sure by how much, and need to dump crap, but don't know how much anything weighs.

Mikeside

I kept on waiting for the screen to clear up, then I thought it was a "feature", now I can't be arsed to go back to the beginning and try to get it to work properly.

I play a lot of "guess the carry weight" when I'm overburdened, but am not sure by how much, and need to dump crap, but don't know how much anything weighs.

I've been playing a game called 'console command away the carry limit' because I'd rather cheat a little and not break my OCD and hoarding tendancies.

If it helps, I'm properly ashamed of myself.

heringer

I really rubs me the wrong way that we need a mod for a better UI. Doesn't this people have actually good UI designers in their teams? Why some random kid in the internet can do their jobs better?

Top Bottom