• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Compsiox

Banned
The first one is ambiguous simply because he doesn't say "only on", but the second tweet of his is pretty clearly a "NO", just in a joke-y (if a little dickish) way.

But if you all don't believe it, just tweet him and ask for a yes or no answer. I'm sure he'll respond to someone.
If someone's excited about your product and you are able to provide straight answers then you probably shouldn't be a dick AND give answers that are open for interpretation.

DOWN

Banned
That leak is bullshit and the game doesn't look scaled down. Also,

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/606470944346013696

So can we stop with this now?

He clearly makes sure to never actually give a tweet saying "only coming to PS4, X1, and PC" or saying "no" to cross gen questions. If they were to announce cross gen tomorrow, his tweets leave him in the clear. All he did was use PR speak that matches having not announced last gen versions, not denying them.

Tigress

I haven't played 1 and 2 so my first experience with Fallout was Fallout 3, and i guess that set a standard for me. I meant the Fallout i knew, which i understand is the black sheep of the fallout family.

Yeah but, sorry, if you have only played one game in a series and it wasn't even the first, can you really say you can quantify what feels like that game to you? You might want to change that to, "I prefer the atmosphere to 3" vs. trying to claim it feels more Fallout. 3 is more the outlier on the Fallout atmosphere than Vegas that fits more in.

Also, just cause it was your first doesn't mean you won't find you like another better. 3 was kinda my first (I had tried 1 several times and honestly 1 is probably my least favorite <- not saying I didn't like it, bad game. Just between the four I've played, it's my least favorite. But for whatever reason I really wanted to get into it... to the point that I have bought 1 three times so far because first for mac, then for pc, then for mac with the new OS). It was definitely my first that really had me truly fall in love with the series. And it's not even my second favorite (was until I played 2 ;) ). Vegas is my favorite Fallout and I'll outright admit when I first started playing it I was comparing it to 3 and feeling like it wasn't measuring up. It wasn't until I started getting into it that I slowly realized I really liked it over 3.

amnesiac

That leak is bullshit and the game doesn't look scaled down.

Well, the same guy predicted the Skylanders thing correctly said that Fallout is cross-gen.

Pete Hines is giving vague answers and avoiding saying "no" or "only on."

Wouldn't be the biggest surprise if Fallout 4 is cross gen. Time will tell.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. That middle screenshot looks as good as anything from Fallout 4.

If you downsample any of the Fallout 4 images to that same size, they look better. Magnitudes better. If you had any of those vanilla Skyrim images at their original size, they wouldn't look quite as good as they do.

rjinaz

That's actually not direct at all.

Sure it is. He's saying, go ahead hold your breath. He is also saying "be sure to let me know when they show up" which means he of course knows they never will. Could he just say "no"? Sure. But I think after reading the negative responses and comments on a thread like this I don't blame him for trolling a bit honestly that and e3 is just over a week away.

-duskdoll-

Yeah but, sorry, if you have only played one game in a series and it wasn't even the first, can you really say you can quantify what feels like that game to you? You might want to change that to, "I prefer the atmosphere to 3" vs. trying to claim it feels more Fallout. 3 is more the outlier on the Fallout atmosphere than Vegas that fits more in.

Also, just cause it was your first doesn't mean you won't find you like another better. 3 was kinda my first (I had tried 1 several times and honestly 1 is probably my least favorite <- not saying I didn't like it, bad game. Just between the four I've played, it's my least favorite. But for whatever reason I really wanted to get into it... to the point that I have bought 1 three times so far because first for mac, then for pc, then for mac with the new OS). It was definitely my first that really had me truly fall in love with the series. And it's not even my second favorite (was until I played 2 ;) ).

It's the Fallout i've known until New Vegas was released. I'm not claiming it's the best in the series, i actually think NV was miles better, but to me that's what "real" fallout is. I'm honestly apprehensive about playing 1 and 2 because i know i will be disappointed since i hear they're nothing like 3.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
WRQPMhS.png

holy crap lol

honestly, I don't blame him

Omg I don't have an internet connection for a few days and Fallout 4 ends up getting announced. Fitting though that I was passing the time playing New Vegas.

Tigress

If he were to just say NO then everyone would stop asking. So obviously he can't say it.

Well, that must have been quite the shock to you. I kew soimething was up when I took a break from work and my phone had a bunch of random tweets about Fallout (I barely use twitter and if I get one tweet notification in a day that's one more than my usual day consists of). No way that many tweets about Fallout meant nothing (then I learned of the "Please Stand By" tweet).

He knows he could stop this all by saying no. If someone said 'Is Fallout 4 coming to Gamecube?' he wouldn't be watching his words so much.

It's as vague as a direct dismissal can be.

Let's face it guys. It's probably cross-gen.

What if it's cross-gen but another studio is handling the 360/PS3 versions? Just a shot in the dark but it might explain the ambiguity.

ekim

Pete Hines &#8207;@DCDeacon 23 Min.Vor 23 Minuten

@cannonlars @NewVegasHouse i'm trying to stick to my previous statement answering questions. because answering one prompts 1,212 more

hm...

Compsiox

Banned
Well, that must have been quite the shock to you. I kew soimething was up when I took a break from work and my phone had a bunch of random tweets about Fallout (I barely use twitter and if I get one tweet notification in a day that's one more than my usual day consists of). No way that many tweets about Fallout meant nothing (then I learned of the "Please Stand By" tweet).

Quoted wrong person?

amnesiac

Remember this?

Bethesda

Action > Android
Action > Apple iOS
Action > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Action > PC/Windows
Action > Publication/Media
Action > Sony Playstation
Action > Sony Playstation 4
Action > Xbox
Action > Xbox One
Free-to-play > Android
Free-to-play > Apple iOS
Free-to-play > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Free-to-play > PC/Windows
Free-to-play > Sony Playstation
Free-to-play > Sony Playstation 4
Free-to-play > Xbox
Free-to-play > Xbox One
Publication > Android
Publication > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Publication > PC/Windows
Publication > Sony Playstation
Publication > Sony Playstation 3
Publication > Sony Playstation 4
Publication > Xbox
Publication > Xbox 360
Publication > Xbox One
Role-Playing > PC/Windows
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 3
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 4
Role-Playing > Xbox
Role-Playing > Xbox 360
Role-Playing > Xbox One

DOWN

Banned
Pete Hines &#8207;@DCDeacon 23 Min.Vor 23 Minuten

@cannonlars @NewVegasHouse i'm trying to stick to my previous statement answering questions. because answering one prompts 1,212 more
hm...
Yeah, he's got a statement and it isn't "no" but he'd sure like it if people thought they didn't need to ask anymore

Remember this?

Bethesda

Action > Android
Action > Apple iOS
Action > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Action > PC/Windows
Action > Publication/Media
Action > Sony Playstation
Action > Sony Playstation 4
Action > Xbox
Action > Xbox One
Free-to-play > Android
Free-to-play > Apple iOS
Free-to-play > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Free-to-play > PC/Windows
Free-to-play > Sony Playstation
Free-to-play > Sony Playstation 4
Free-to-play > Xbox
Free-to-play > Xbox One
Publication > Android
Publication > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Publication > PC/Windows
Publication > Sony Playstation
Publication > Sony Playstation 3
Publication > Sony Playstation 4
Publication > Xbox
Publication > Xbox 360
Publication > Xbox One
Role-Playing > PC/Windows
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 3
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 4
Role-Playing > Xbox
Role-Playing > Xbox 360
Role-Playing > Xbox One

Sucks that Xbox gets it but not the PS2.

ehh, even if it was originally planned as cross-gen the last gen versions could have been abandoned/cancelled at any time. Same thing happened with Dying Light I believe.

Tigress

It's the Fallout i've known until New Vegas was released. I'm not claiming it's the best in the series, i actually think NV was miles better, but to me that's what "real" fallout is. I'm honestly apprehensive about playing 1 and 2 because i know i will be disappointed since i hear they're nothing like 3.

They're nothing like three cause they are very different games. 3 and Vegas are ARPGs in the style of Elder Scrolls. THat doesn't mean you won't enjoy them (it's quite possible to like different games. That doesn't mean you don't have a preference for one type. I'm very preferential to RPGs of all types over any other type game myself but i have enjoyed other type games as well). And I'm not saying you can't prefer the atmosphere of 3 (I do too honestly). I'm just saying you're not really qualified to say what feels like a series when you've only played one and it wasn't even the original. Ideally honestly you should have played several to get the flavor of the series as a whole to determine how it "feels". Hell, you may even prefer the game that feels less like it.

1+2 are turn based games, tend to take more patience (particularly 1. I still haven't finished it and it's cause I got to the point I was told I just have to grind if I want to go farther and decided had enough of that). 2 in particular has way better written story and characters and a fuckton of humor compared to either of the later Fallouts. And a lot of variety in what you can do. A lot more open endedness than Vegas. But, it's easier to focus on allowing many more choices when you don't have to spend so much on graphics (much of the traveling is watching a line go across the map and getting random encounters when you travel from city to city).

I highly recommend you at least try 2. Especially if you liked Vegas (believe it or not just like you have 3 vs. Vegas arguments you have 1 vs. 2 arguments. I fully fall into the 2 camp and I've heard one person say that usually if you like both style fallouts if you prefer 1 better you most likely prefer 3 better and if you like 2 better you most likely prefer Vegas. Seemed to work for me anyways. 2 seems a lot more open ended honestly and it is definitely more zany).

Now, if you don't like turn based and it bores you, yeah, you might want to skip it. I don't understand it myself as I do like turn based and 2 was reminding me why (I love the more tactics in combat you get with turn based vs. action based. I really love tactics in combat and even in action games prefer they give me ways to try to put the advantage to my side vs just relying on reflexes/skill). And hell, combat is most definitely not the only thing to do in 2 (they do set it up so that you can be some one who usually talks there way out of things) so you may still enjoy it despite turn based combat if turn based combat isn't your thing. Put it this way, the very first quest
you don't even have to fight the big boss at the end to pass. You can just talk your way around him

DOWN

Banned
He's said everything but "no" to cross gen. He doesn't have a right to play snarky if he has never actually answered the question, which means the vague response is his only choice to get people away from him.

Alienous

What if it's cross-gen but another studio is handling the 360/PS3 versions? Just a shot in the dark but it might explain the ambiguity.

According to the rumours Behaviour Interactive is supposed to be working on a 2016 spin-off. But they seem like a studio more capable of a port (well, they shittily ported Shadows of Mordor, but a port's a port).

ehh, even if it was originally planned as cross-gen the last gen versions could have been abandoned/cancelled at any time. Same thing happened with Dying Light I believe.

Not with a publisher trying to top Skyrim, IMO. Money is money, and a last-gen port will almost certainly be profitable if it's possible (and looking at Fallout 4 it looks possible).

lol how is that vague? More entertaining than a simple "no" but equally clear if you understand english
How is that not vague? He never at any point says they won't be ok those platforms, then answers a clarifying question with another question. That's super shady.

He might as well have said "It's definitely going to be on Xbone and PS4 ;)"

He's said everything but "no" to cross gen. He doesn't have a right to play snarky if he has never actually answered the question, which means the vague response is his only choice to get people away from him.
Seriously haha. He could have even just thrown in an "only" somewhere. He gives a snarky response (that doesn't clarify anything) to a question asking for him to clarify an earlier comment. He was also clearly beating around the bush with that original response.

According to the rumours Behaviour Interactive is supposed to be working on a 2016 spin-off. But they seem like a studio more capable of a port (well, they shittily ported Shadows of Mordor, but a port's a port).

tumblr_nbqwlxJEgX1tv4k5po1_400.gif

EDIT: Let's just hope this is a false rumor and that doesn't happen.

When someone asks "is it coming to ps3 or 360" and the response is "are those systems X1, PS4 or PC?", that is a definitive NO.

He's having fun with this and everyone is biting. It's painful to watch to be honest

MattyG

Banned
How does a port to last gen systems a year after it releases on current gen make any sense at all? And why are you still putting any amount of faith in that rumor when it's been proven to be bullshit?

Nibel

Everything we saw in the trailer was in the leak which also mentioned cross-gen. The game doesn't look like it wouldn't run on last-gen with a few changes. E3 page still lists a 360/PS3 RPG from Bethesda. Website source code has references to last-gen.

I have no idea what else needs to happen for people to accept that there is probably a last-gen version coming down the line.

Those rumors have been confirmed almost 100% false, though.

Doesn't mean he's not dodging that question, though.

When someone asks "is it coming to ps3 or 360" and the response is "are those systems X1, PS4 or PC?", that is a definitive NO.

He's having fun with this and everyone is biting. It's painful to watch to be honest
No it's not though! Haha you're totally reaching. He's avoiding the question.

Top Bottom