• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K24 For PC Uses The Last-Gen Version Again

The PC version will be missing features compared to the current-gen counterparts.

The PC version of the upcoming NBA 2K24 will not have parity with the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S editions. Instead, the PC edition takes a backseat to the current-gen versions and is missing features once again, just as it has for the past several installments.

On the features section of the official NBA 2K24 website, a new animation system called ProPlay is revealed, but don't expect it to make an appearance on the PC version. "ProPlay delivers animations and movements via on-court NBA action for a generational leap in authenticity on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S," reads an excerpt from the ProPlay description, leaving out PC as a platform that supports the feature.

Likewise, the MyCareer mode will only feature the Neighborhood portion on the PC version of NBA 2K24, while cross-play will be absent, as well (which is only supported on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S).

Since the launch of the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, the PC versions of the NBA 2K games have all been old-gen experiences, with missing features from their current-gen counterparts. This has led to frustration from the PC community. The Madden series was in a similar boat, but this year's installment will finally have parity between PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S, much to the delight of fans.

NBA 2K24 launches for PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC on September 8, 2023.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nba-2k24-for-pc-uses-the-last-gen-version-again/1100-6515761/

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
can't you just let us console plebs have ONE victory without you PC elitists bloody moaning about it?

lotr-ring.gif

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'd settle for Take 2 to actually improve the graphics on console........less cartoon somehow please..........

Antwix

180GB+ of MTX and ad pop-ups on every boot up to purchase MTX anyhow.

Fuck that trash series.
yeah the mtx is a bit aggressive but nba2k has by far the best franchise type mode in all of sports games. really enjoyable if you like/follow basketball. Don't have to spend a dime for those types of modes, only really with the online type shit, which is a bit of a shame.

JaksGhost

I am curious to know why they wont do a next gen edition on PC.
Same, I'm not a PC gamer so I'm genuinely curious as well because some one else also mentioned GTA V not being next-gen. Would it require them having separate SKUs that are dependent on your PC specs or would it be an overly bloated singular SKU? Or is this all just some BS from 2K specifically?

Last edited:

ssringo

These games come out every year to negative reviews and wind up at mixed reviews just for the same people to buy the new version and repeat the process. You get what you deserve.

dc comics joker GIF

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I am curious to know why they wont do a next gen edition on PC.

Same, I'm not a PC gamer so I'm genuinely curious as well because some one else also mentions GTA V not being next-gen. Would it require them having separate SKUs that are dependent on your PC specs or would it be an overly bloated singular SKU? Or is this all just some BS from 2K specifically?
If I remember, the excuse they used back then was that it was to allow PC players with low specced machines to be able to play the games.

StereoVsn

yeah the mtx is a bit aggressive but nba2k has by far the best franchise type mode in all of sports games. really enjoyable if you like/follow basketball. Don't have to spend a dime for those types of modes, only really with the online type shit, which is a bit of a shame.
Unfortunately MyPlayer Single Player mode is stuck behind MTX. Which is why I wait for the games to get dirt cheap/free on Game pass or PS+ and then pay Take2 Blood tax.

Got to put in about $50 for a fun experience. Otherwise grinding is crazy.

Antwix

Unfortunately MyPlayer Single Player mode is stuck behind MTX. Which is why I wait for the games to get dirt cheap/free on Game pass or PS+ and then pay Take2 Blood tax.

Got to put in about $50 for a fun experience. Otherwise grinding is crazy.
I almost finished the career mode and I never spent a dime. I only stopped and switched to franchise mode (or myNBA or whatever it's called) because the story became super cringe and the quests are really tedious. I guess if you're expecting your player to become a 90+ something by the time the season ends, then yeah maybe you'd want to spend money. I mean, yeah, your player sucks ass when you first start cuz he's a rookie and you gotta develop him. But I was scoring perfectly fine in the season games.

Top Bottom