• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

I wonder if this one will have a stronger antagonist figure, which I think will be important if it's going to be more narrative based.

Hubble

Good article by VentureBeat - 'Fallout 4’s graphics look cheap and plasticy, but that’s OK. '

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/03/f...ks-while-looking-for-a-bathroom-and-thats-ok/

Sample:
Instead, it just looks like a (note the singular) texture, as opposed to looking textured. And the human looks kind of like a life-sized action figure. His jumpsuit and hair just don’t look real. He looks like a human character from an early Pixar movie.

Elsewhere in the trailer (which you can watch below), characters move with a jankiness that we’ve come to expect from Bethesda games, but we’re kind of hoping they would look more natural in this new generation of consoles.

First, kudos to Bethesda for showing a trailer that is representative of what the game will look like. Everyone is releasing fluffed up shit. An example is the original unveiling of Rainbow Six: Siege. The screenshots for that game looked incredible on release and I am now quite annoyed that my interest has been lost. At the same time, I wish the graphics for this game was better because Fallout 4 deserves it. With that said, I'm sure we are still buying it but the graphics do look really average.

MattyG

Banned
Great imgur album comparing similar scenes in Fallout 3 and the Fallout 4 trailer.

gyxKZUG.jpg

cl2c8cz.jpg

Euron

Edit: I'm stupid and the link was already posted. In my defense at least I didn't link that fake reddit thing.

Pete Hines never gave a solid "no" answer to cross gen. Now I'm not angry about the graphics if the game is current gen only, as that would mean Bethesda's priorities are elsewhere, but cross gen is something I'd be up in arms about as that would mean the overall game itself is limited.

If this doesn't end up being crossgen I'll buy everyone on this page a chicken nugget.
This makes me want to be wrong even more. Also they have to be quality chicken nuggets, from Chick Fil-A or something. Don't give me any of that Burger King or store brand garbage.

Grief.exe

plz share your bookmarks

Here are the two I have bookmarked, haven't done too much research into it yet.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48779214&postcount=1121
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2hm6gb/fallout_3_with_about_50_graphicsvisual_mods/cku2i74

^ thats how i pictured fallout 4 before trailer

That is exactly why Bethesda games still sell millions of copies years after release on PC. Almost better just to wait a year to buy the game.

Olengie

Hope this has an armour set that catches my eye.

Loved the NCR Ranger Combat Armor in New Vegas and was my main armor set the entire game.

That is exactly why Bethesda games still sell millions of copies years after release on PC. Almost better just to wait a year to buy the game.

The question being does that still happen when the mods are mostly pay only? Sure they'll be better graphics mods, but does everyone coalesce around one early? Are there handful that work? This more so than Skyrim is going to be the forward pushing face of paid mods. We'll see if it can still have the legs of a Skyrim when mods are mostly paid.

Someone should recreate the Fallout 4 trailer with Fallout 3 footage just for the fun of it. Hell maybe it'll shut up some of the graphics complainers.

MattyG

Banned
The question being does that still happen when the mods are mostly pay only? Sure they'll be better graphics mods, but does everyone coalesce around one early? Are there handful that work? This more so than Skyrim is going to be the forward pushing face of paid mods. We'll see if it can still have the legs of a Skyrim when mods are mostly paid.
What are you talking about? There's no indication that Valve will reintroduce paid mods with Fallout 4, outside of random speculation.

Mister D

I am slightly disappointed in the graphics but on the other hand if the game comes out this year then my aging GTX 680 should probably be able to get 60fps with a mix of high and medium settings. This allows me to hold out for Pascal instead of caving in and upgrading now. Give me a solid frame rate and pristine image quality on my PC and I can be alright with the graphics as they are..... as long as those fucking loading cells are gone. If it looks like this then there better not be any loading screen. I want a seamless world to explore with only an initial load at the start.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So disappointed to hear you play a 'set' character.

That's kinda bum. :(

That would be a huge departure from how Bethesda has presented character creation in all their other RPGs. What you're seeing/hearing is a character, created specifically for the trailer, to evoke memories of past Fallout titles.

Trogdor1123

maybe I should get back into Fallout 3. I only got to the part where you go into the virtual world. That seems to be pretty early.

In NV i got the point where I can take control or the robot army. No idea how far that is into the game.

Aaron D.

Holy crap, between the bad grafix moaning and omg cross-gen anxieties it's become painfully clear that some people simply refuse to be happy about anything related to this project.

What a miserable way to go though life.

Holy crap, between the bad grafix moaning and omg cross-gen anxieties it's become painfully clear that some people simply refuse to be happy about anything related to this project.

its all bethesdas fault for not being open!

That would be a huge departure from how Bethesda has presented character creation in all their other RPGs. What you're seeing/hearing is a character, created specifically for the trailer, to evoke memories of past Fallout titles.

The memories of Fallouts past voiced player characters?

Where are you hearing that?

Also, if spicy nuggets are an option then I'm in.

That's just a rumor and highly unlikely to happen.

Where did you hear this??

Read down to the point when the article references the casting documents. It reads like we're getting a set character, ala Shepard/Hawke/Geralt.

http://kotaku.com/latest-popular-fallout-4-rumor-sure-seems-like-bs-1709009561

rjinaz

I'd like to think it's because many of these people are legitimately bummed as they had higher expectations, though I think the reality is most are just using this as an opportunity to 'pile on" on a series and studio they actively despise.

Nonetheless, I have to admit I was not impressed with the graphics either. I'm not going to rage about it because I know it's going to be right up my alley regardless. I choose to ignore the people that just cant seem to take the game for what it is, as if their continuous griping will convince others to see things their way or even somehow change the game.

Read down to the point when the article references the casting documents. It reads like we're getting a set character, ala Shepard/Hawke/Geralt.

http://kotaku.com/latest-popular-fallout-4-rumor-sure-seems-like-bs-1709009561

Are you talking about this ? Because It calls the character speaking "Player". I highly doubt (even if this script is correct) that we're getting a named character in Fallout 4.

*MAYBE POTENTIAL SPOILERS!?*

http://i.imgur.com/mCGqlHe.png

rjinaz

Set gender too, depending on which rumour you hear. Terrible, terrible idea for a Fallout game.

Yeah I don't think I have seen anybody happy about this, because there is nothing to be happy about as all it does is limit choice. It also doesn't make much sense unless they plan to fully voice the character. Even so I don't know why they couldn't at least do what Dragon age did and do voices for both sexes. According to the Kotaku leak, they are doing just that, so there is hope.

For all we know you have multiple main characters, where only one is set voice/gender.

I wouldn't mind having multiple main characters in one world, seeing as the map is supposed to be 3x the size of skyrim.

I think there are also way more important things about bethesda's graphics, main character, etc., to worry about.

One thing about bethesda's world's is they often feel dead as in stuck in time. The only thing that really changes are the quips people say as you walk by, among other small things that really don't add up to the world feeling alive and responsive to what happens as you play the game.

Another thing that bugged me about both FO3 and NV is that the towns and different hubs were always barebones. Even the strip in NV wasn't really at all grand a spot. Frankly, I found it to be quite boring. The shot of that marketplace has me hopeful that they are going to put in some areas that are filled with life, with things to do and interact with other than quests and things to kill. I'm sure there are still technical limitations on how many people they can have loaded in a single area, but surely it is much alleviated compared to NV and FO3, and even Skyrim.

I am more worried about the variety of weapons and the combat mechanics than graphics. I am hoping for less linearity in weapon and armor design, more focus on choice with lots of positives and negatives to each weapon and armor. The same goes for character progression, which if they actually do have multiple characters you can switch between, could be really grand.

These graphics don't deter me the slightest, that stuff is way too superficial to worry about. The meat and bones of the game are of primary concern, and imo should always be.

Take this with a grain of salt but Gamestop Italy has put Fallout 4 as a release date of October 23rd, 2015 and that is the same day as AC: Syndicate. I'm not buying it..this has to be a 2016 release
http://www.gamestop.it/PS4/Games/93176/fallout-4

I guess we'll find out more at E3.

October would be stacked if that's the case

• Fallout 4
  • AC: Syndicate
  • Uncharted: TND Collection

Fallout is 2015

Edit: According to all the leaks / reporting that is

See the announcement isn't that they're making Fallout 4. The announcement is that they've made Fallout 4, here's what it's like and it's out in a few months.
That makes a lot more sense. I understand now. Basically Fallout 4 is almost here and they're excited to let us get our hands on the game.

Well then, now we wait.

October?
November?
December?

This is going to be a kickass Fall for gamers.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Take this with a grain of salt but Gamestop Italy has put Fallout 4 as a release date of October 23rd, 2015 and that is the same day as AC: Syndicate. I'm not buying it..this has to be a 2016 release
http://www.gamestop.it/PS4/Games/93176/fallout-4

I guess we'll find out more at E3.

October would be stacked if that's the case

• Fallout 4
  • AC: Syndicate
  • Uncharted: TND Collection
That would make sense; October 23rd's when Fallout's Great War started. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Great_War

Top Bottom