• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

ironcreed

Banned
Finally. It's been a long wait, but I am sure it will be worth it. After all, I prefer a developer to take their sweet time when creating games like this. It's one of the things I love about Bethesda.

Lunar15

Not sure how to feel. I never really loved Fallout 3, but I adored New Vegas. Just gotta wait and see I guess.

Oh, and the graphics? Who cares. I personally think F3 and NV looked like shit for the times they came out in, but in the end no one really cared. We place too much emphasis on graphics.

marrec

Banned
I understand there is more to a game than graphics but there is also more to a game than the story and the world. Just because some of it is great doesn't mean you should just take the rest of the slop over and over again. The experience could be even better if Bethesda improved other aspects of the games instead of a that'll do attitude. I don't know how Fallout 4 plays yet so hopefully Bethesda have come on leaps and bounds but don't settle for second best, we are not demanding something beyond normal means.

It could be developed on a MUD engine and I wouldn't give a shit if it plays like Fallout.

Were Fallout 3 or NV considered graphically impressive on release? I never really considered Bethesda games to be graphical powerhouses. Worse case scenario this game look good but won't blow any socks off and modders on the PC can go nuts with graphical mods. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

MisterR

I serious doubt it will decrease the sales, the "marketing deal" effect from what i see is pretty small, only difference is just a console may get DLC earlier.

As the sales gap has grown, it seems like it's been very rare for MS to get early DLC or anything like that. Assassins Creed switched to MS marketing for Unity but they didn't get any special content like PS systems got when they were marketing. It looks like MS will loose COD this year, so no more early DLC there for them. This might be a case like unity with a marketing deal but no early DLC.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
You jest, but had you not highlighted your ingenuity I would have assumed that horse and that background came from the same game.

ha ha that is the point I was making

really, the pictures speak for themselves

NOnvWQc.png

No shadows at all from the objects on the ground.

Know what year didn't have shadows from objects on the ground? 1996
30fps vs 60fps comparison:

30fps:

60fps:

More like 1996fps

Guys I dunno is it just me or does Mila Kunis look kinda last gen? :/
dvVjsI6.jpg

This is the worst screenshot yet. I can't even distinguish between the graphics I inserted and Fallout 4's "actual" "2015" "graphics"

ibnDSkb.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scollay_Square

So it's set in Boston. Looks like the fallout happened before they could demolish the area.

Are you saying that it's 2015 and they can only afford to model Scollay_Square? That was a 1996 milestone.

Well hello 1999 !

More like hello 1996

Matush

Almost 50k on Twitch, thirst is real, also don't read the chat, spoilers from Game of Thores and other shows/movies/games are there left and right.

Fallout 3 didn't look amazing even when released either, why everybody are expecting amazing graphics?
It's Bethesda as well, their games in recent years aren't known for being visually amazing, so I'm not surprised, expect the same for DOOM.
If the world and gameplay are taking advantage of the current gen hardware that's all we need so calm down.

Gamebryo bro, Gamebryo...

Stet

Banned
Calling it now. Dog is the only playable character. No guns. Higher speech means you're a Lassie-tier dog and people can understand your barks. Charisma means the ability to do tricks and impress the citizens of the wasteland.

Perk: Explosive Diarrhea - your turds are now landmines.
Perk: That's a Good Boy - enemies will hesitate before attacking because you're so adorable.
Perk: Heavy Petting - enemies of a tribe of animal-tail wearing otherkin will follow you like an erotic God.
Perk: The Hounds and the Bees - you now have bees in your mouth. When you bark, you shoot bees at people.

CHC

The visuals in that screen look on par with Current gen open world games like the WItcher 3

Not sure what people are talking about

Not quite as good as its contemporaries but that isn't exactly the point. In terms of still screenshots and pure looks, it's fine. The problem is that it's obviously running on the same engine as every Bethesda game since Morrowind, and will be marred by the same general bugginess, inconsistent lighting, awkward animations, seperate interiors / exteriors, and an all around stiffness that they can't seem to get past.

_machine

Not at all surprised at the level of the visuals (I still love the style) nor the fact that it very much looks like an improved version of Creation Engine. I would have loved to see some PBS elements implemented into the rendering pipeline; the lack of good specular reflections has definitely been my major issues with Bethesda's titles so far, but I'm not surprised to see them go for the older material rendering pipeline.

Top Bottom