• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT| Atom Bomb Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
The alien blaster in this game is pretty underwhelming. It does less damage than one of my upgraded laser pistols. And the blaster itself has no damage upgrades. So.... what's the point?

N° 2048

The alien blaster in this game is pretty underwhelming. It does less damage than one of my upgraded laser pistols. And the blaster itself has no damage upgrades. So.... what's the point?

Aliens-meme.jpg

That's why.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can you complete the Questline of
The Railroad
AND the
Brotherhood of Steel
in one playthrough?

no

its an easter egg. the "whats the point" question is popping alot in regards to the game and it honestly makes me a little sad. War might never change but videogame players sure did :/

johnsmith

remember me
Apart from leaving his son with a cheating alcoholic mother as a solo parent?
Probably not.

Piper really doesn't like it.

Deacon didn't give a fuck.
Fuck you Paul, you want money and you didn't do shit, get rekt.

Guys. The easy answer is to start the fight, then run away and let the gunmen kill him. It's what I did. Now I have a lifetime supply of chems even after selling a ton.

I sent my Professor Goodfeels to the Hestors Consumer Robotics for servicing via the terminal. Are you sure he isn't just waiting in this area?

Well I don't have that option on the terminal. He might be there..but how do we get them back? I don't have the option to send him via terminal for repoairs.

tbd

Jesus, spent the last ~10 hours, 5.000 caps and four skill points to get those shops for the settlements because someone here said those have some of the best weapons in the game. Now it's only random shit weapons you can find everywhere and not even one legendary weapon or armor piece.

This whole settlement/sims shit is so pointless. They should have spent the time and money on better sidequests and locations.

Arjen

Yeah, I didn't kill him either. I'm on the way to raid the chem plant currently, once I have unencumbered myself.

#dead.

The wife confronted me in Diamond city.

Have you seen Paul.
No.
He's been missing and I have no idea where he is.
Paul's dead.
Whaaaaaat, how did he die.
That doesn't matter.

Great stuff.

N° 2048

Jesus, spent the last ~10 hours, 5.000 caps and four skill points to get those shops for the settlements because someone here said those have some of the best weapons in the game. Now it's only random shit weapons you can find everywhere and not even one legendary weapon or armor piece.

This whole settlement/sims shit is so pointless. They should have spent the time and money on better sidequests and locations.

wtf? I can't wrap my head around this. Why would you assume that you get that gear without actual verifying first with someone?

Stop blaming the game for your mistakes. It's an optional part of the game and you're mad because you dumped time into it? lol

mr.beers

Got a Legendary weapon off a raider and it was the explosive minigun on hard I destroyed a Death Claw and Assaultron in a matter of seconds. I think it might be a little OP.

MayMay

Banned

https://i.imgur.com/DhdcfyN.png (small npc spoilers)

You need special NPCs for your shop so you can get the rare items.

BadHand

Well I don't have that option on the terminal. He might be there..but how do we get them back? I don't have the option to send him via terminal for repoairs.

I can't remember that the options where... the first one was "Just Be", the second was to change the robots personality, I selected the third and a message flashed up in the top-left that he was sent to Hestors for repairs. Goodfeels just up and left.

I haven't gone looking for him yet there so I can't confirm.

N° 2048

I can't remember that the options where... the first one was "Just Be", the second was to change the robots personality, I selected the third and a message flashed up in the top-left that he was sent to Hestors for repairs. Goodfeels just up and left.

I haven't gone looking for him yet there so I can't confirm.

The option might disappear once you pick it.

https://i.imgur.com/DhdcfyN.png (small npc spoilers)

You need special NPCs for your shop so you can get the rare items.

Thanks for this!

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Wowww I can't believe how much better my old ass PC (2500k and 7850HD) runs this than my PS4. So much so that I restarted 13 hours in.

Looks a bit better and runs MUCH better at a mix of Med/High. Steady 60 indoors is unbelievable coming from the shitshow I was seeing in dungeons specifically.

Wasn't planning on bothering with the PC version but now I'm loving it.

Edit: also, loads/saves/Pip Boy are near instant, cheating tho, coming off SSD

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
they are all secretly super mutants dont worry

I did wonder why Piper didn't react at all after been dosed with massive amounts of radiation.....synth confirmed
PogChamp.png

In a Bethesda game? Yes. At least do a hard save every hour. I go overboard, usually doing one before entering buildings/starting new missions.

I like living on the edge.....don't you guys find confusing having so many saves? Anyway i should listen to you and every hour.

N° 2048

Wowww I can't believe how much better my old ass PC (2500k and 7850HD) runs this than my PS4. So much so that I restarted 13 hours in.

Looks a bit better and runs MUCH better at a mix of Med/High. Steady 60 indoors is unbelievable coming from the shitshow I was seeing in dungeons specifically.

I can't wait to build my PC next year.

Then all I gotta do is search for "Essential Fallout 4 mods" muahaha

its an easter egg. the "whats the point" question is popping alot in regards to the game and it honestly makes me a little sad. War might never change but videogame players sure did :/

Uhhh.... in Fallout 3 the Alien Blaster was one of the strongest weapons in the game and finding it was actually worthwhile. I used that thing until the very end. In Fallout 4, I'm just going to go to the nearest trader and sell it.

brau

You get some mods on it?

I really like that they added a mod that has the pipboy light cast shadows on stuff.

Also the sweetfx tweaks you can do seriously make the game look more awesome.

Persona7

Banned
I was walking around near diamond city and then a bunch of super mutants spawned right on me and I died

the suicide mutant also exploded at the same time I died and it was hilarious.

Kssio_Aug

At the start I wasnt noticing it that much, but now, 20 hours in, the AI can sometimes be more of a problem then a help! Sadly I need them to carry weight!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I did wonder why Piper didn't react at all after been dosed with massive amounts of radiation.....synth confirmed
PogChamp.png

actually "they are all synths dont worry" would have been a better joke considering the game. Im sorry :(

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
You get some mods on it?

I really like that they added a mod that has the pipboy light cast shadows on stuff.

Also the sweetfx tweaks you can do seriously make the game look more awesome.

All I did so far was mess with settings, get mods set up and get a few small UI fixes. Wary to mess with graphics at all because I'd much rather have the FPS. Didn't have a ton of time though, I'll probably do a bit more.

Ken

PogChamp.png

I like living on the edge.....don't you guys find confusing having so many saves? Anyway i should listen to you and every hour.

Companions do react to high rad zones by urging the player to get out of there soon lol.

brau

All I did so far was mess with settings, get mods set up and get a few small UI fixes. Wary to mess with graphics at all because I'd much rather have the FPS. Didn't have a ton of time though, I'll probably do a bit more.

I really have not found a mod that i am using that breaks stuff or lowers my fps. But i am not using that many. Just the casting shadows mod, and the color correction one. I want to add the mod that fixes the dialogue system to be more like NV.

Rhaknar

are the magazine racks, bobblehead cases etc available from the start to build or are they special mag recipes?

tbd

wtf? I can't wrap my head around this. Why would you assume that you get that gear without actual verifying first with someone?

Stop blaming the game for your mistakes. It's an optional part of the game and you're mad because you dumped time into it? lol

When those mistakes are based on cryptic game design and mechanics which again are based on gameplay elements that shouldn't even be in a Fallout game to such an extent, of course I blame the game. I expect something that is not shit for like 10 in-game hours that went into four skill points and 5.000 caps. And now I have to spend more time reading stuff on the internet (which I usually never do when on my first playthrough and which usually kills a game for me) that the game itself should tell me or point at, getting spoiled and also just finding out that you need unique NPCs that randomly appear in the world and whose stock rotates so you also have to sleep until you get what you want and waste more time, like spending all that other shit isn't enough.

Rhaknar

you will have more perk points and caps than what you know what to do with, just saying. Im sure that wont make you stop being mad tho :p

johnsmith

remember me
Man that drug deal quest is totally bugged out with all the possible repercussions. The guy you're robbing wants me to pay him 2k caps and shows up as a misc quest. But then the dad of the rich kid also wants you to kill that same guy if you lie and tell him he was the one responsible for his death. So I went and killed him, but I still have the "pay 2k caps" in my log and will until the end of time.

That sounds like a personal problem. 100% your fault.

ezekial45

Banned
Highlight a settler in Workshop mode and hit the button for Supply Line and connect the settlements. It'll rename that Settler into Provisioner and it gives them a Brahmin.
You won't see the same items in the Workshop benches but mats WILL be shared (across connected Settlements) when building.

OHHHHH. Thanks, I got it. I thought those were about sharing resources, I;E food.

Rhaknar

Man that drug deal quest is totally bugged out with all the possible repercussions. The guy you're robbing wants me to pay him 2k caps and shows up as a misc quest. But then the dad of the rich kid also wants you to kill that same guy if you lie and tell him he was the one responsible for his death. So I went and killed him, but I still have the "pay 2k caps" in my log and will until the end of time.

that reminds me, I really should (Spoilers concerning that diamond city drug sidequest)
pay that rich dude 2k caps so he stops sending his annoying goons after me everytime I enter diamond city. Or I could just kill him, but im not sure that would do it

I haven't really tried this yet, except with the settlers from the Museum, but in Fallout 3 you could almost kill anyone, any innocents, it didn't matter. Except of course for some people that simply would be knocked out for a few seconds. How is this in Fallout 4? Cause it seems the settlers simply are knocked out. In Fallout 3 i liked to just sometimes act very....evil and just randomly kill people for no reason. Especially after blowing up that one place, i figured...i am already an evil marauder. so why not.

Can you actually in 4?

UberLevi

I just downloaded a mod that unrestricts the allowed armor slots and nothing makes me happier than being able to equip my metal helmet and gas mask at the same time.

Also, am I loitering a tad too much? I'm currently level 25 and I've just been initiated into the
Railroad
and I am on my first mission for the
Brotherhood

I also am at the quest right after you
rescue Nick Valentine and he offers to help

Faenix1

Working on bobbleheads, avoiding story/faction quests for now, if I head into bunker hill will I get thrown into a story/faction quest earlier than I'm suppose too.

Going after the Charisma Bobblehead, didnt expect it would be such a chore. Found the place but I can't get in, apparently I need to go to bunkerhill? But then I see there's some story crap there. Ugh.

are the magazine racks, bobblehead cases etc available from the start to build or are they special mag recipes?

Bobblehead stand is there in the menu, can't for the life of me find the magazine racks tho.

SDCowboy

I think I may have hit the point where the game loses me. I'm (guessing) pretty far in to the point where I have to build
the teleporter and a bunch of other crap with it to make it all work
. I already hated the building portion of the game, but now being forced to do so to progress, with several components that I don't have and don't want to have to hunt for, no thanks. :/

Zukuu

Banned
Working on bobbleheads, avoiding story/faction quests for now, if I head into bunker hill will I get thrown into a story/faction quest earlier than I'm suppose too.

Going after the Charisma Bobblehead, didnt expect it would be such a chore. Found the place but I can't get in, apparently I need to go to bunkerhill? But then I see there's some story crap there. Ugh.

Bobblehead stand is there in the menu, can't for the life of me find the magazine racks tho.
Perception Bobblehead is tied to the very first mission where you meet the minutmen.
Big Gun Bobblehead is tied to main story progression.
Charisma Bobblehead is tied to a somewhat lengthy side mission.
The rest can be obtained freely.

Does anyone know what [companion spoiler]
Curie likes as far as actions? It seems like I barely ever do anything she likes. Cait has been so much better. I pick a lock and she's happy.

Rhaknar

I think I may have hit the point where the game loses me. I'm (guessing) pretty far in to the point where I have to build
the teleporter and a bunch of other crap with it to make it all work
. I already hated the building portion of the game, but now being forced to do so to progress, with several components that I don't have and don't want to have to hunt for, no thanks. :/

thats halfway and you just need to do it for that one quet, if that makes you not want to play the game...well ok then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom