• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

dlauv

MM quests is the ones that have you go..like save a settlement right?

Yeah, or rescue Abernathy's daughter for the umpteenth time. They'll come in over Radio Freedom, randomly pop up in your pip boy, or are radial quests from Preston when he's disbanded and roaming Sanctuary Hills.

Onikaan

I can't progress in the main quest because the freaking brotherhood randomly roll in and knock out the NPC I need to talk to...

Only way to stop 'em Is to kill them and I don't want to.

N° 2048

For those with local leader perk rank 2, where did you put all your shops?

Keeping Red Rocket as my personal base but can't decide where to put the shops.

nbraun80

I think companions are enjoyable for the first time in a Bethesda game, I like hanging with Piper. People like Valentine are fun to bring with, they add to the story and they add to their background, I learned a lot about Valentine by having him with me when he wants to speak or I ask him that I wouldn't have really learned otherwise. I had questions about his history when I first met him and I learnt about him by just having him along.

There's even cool things that shape how a companion treats you, I believe if you meet Piper for the first time
in your vault suit, she gives you the nickname "Blue" which she'll use time to time, I don't think she does it if you don't meet her the first time with it on.
lol yup, have her at max affinity and she still calls me that.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Can I add anything to it? Because right now, my vault suit with ump pads and various metal arms gives me about 76 damage resistance.

I have Piper wearing it with a pair of white "fashionable sunglasses." She looks terrific, totally worth it

lt519

Cait was actually a good companion. Lots of chems, alcohol, lockpicking, being a sarcastic prick, and persuading people for more money. I basically just played the same as always and reached max affinity really quick.

Dumped her for Dogmeat and that Lone Wanderer perk though.

Pilgrimzero

Cait was actually a good companion. Lots of chems, alcohol, lockpicking, being a sarcastic prick, and persuading people for more money. I basically just played the same as always and reached max affinity really quick.

Dumped her for Dogmeat and that Lone Wanderer perk though.

I had to dump her cause she frowned on my drug use after a point. Woman, life is hard I need my candy!

I can't progress in the main quest because the freaking brotherhood randomly roll in and knock out the NPC I need to talk to...

Only way to stop 'em Is to kill them and I don't want to.

I had that happen to me. I just went and explored the buildings next to it, came back and they were gone.

Murman

I think companions are enjoyable for the first time in a Bethesda game, I like hanging with Piper. People like Valentine are fun to bring with, they add to the story and they add to their background, I learned a lot about Valentine by having him with me when he wants to speak or I ask him that I wouldn't have really learned otherwise. I had questions about his history when I first met him and I learnt about him by just having him along.

There's even cool things that shape how a companion treats you, I believe if you meet Piper for the first time
in your vault suit, she gives you the nickname "Blue" which she'll use time to time, I don't think she does it if you don't meet her the first time with it on.

I can confirm she does
call you Blue regardless of whether you're wearing the vault suit or not...she states that whilst you aren't wearing it right now, she knows you're a vault dweller and they all wore blue!

lt519

I had to dump her cause she frowned on my drug use after a point. Woman, life is hard I need my candy!

That was a real hard hour of gameplay for me. I got by just picking locks and abusing alcohol instead. Then I dumped her for Dogmeat. Dogmeat doesn't judge, he's just happy to not be literal dog meat.

I put them all at the drive-in. It became a mall, then it eventually became a hospital with 16 clinics.

Does all clinics actually give more happiness than like Trading stores? If so I'll be pissed cause I've already dumped like 15000 caps into that shit.

bcg0CM2.jpg

Wanna know how I got these rads???

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow thanks! Will look into it when I player later.

not to crush your hopes but I went there and the albino radscorpion that spawned for me wasnt legendary :(

That was a real hard hour of gameplay for me. I got by just picking locks and abusing alcohol instead. Then I dumped her for Dogmeat. Dogmeat doesn't judge, he's just happy to not be literal dog meat.

Does all clinics actually give more happiness than like Trading stores? If so I'll be pissed cause I've already dumped like 15000 caps into that shit.

Yeah, I think so. The biggest thing I did to get from 95 to 100 was scrap all my stores (16 or 17 of them) and replace them with clinics.

Apathy

Omg dogmeat is driving me insane. I want to kick whoever programmed him right in the face. He's lucky I need a meat shield, otherwise he would be gone.

UberLevi

Okay, so I found some X-01 Power Armor and when I tried to enter it, the helmet disappeared and the set changed to T-60. Has this happened to anyone else, because I'm pissed.

dlauv

Okay, so I found some X-01 Power Armor and when I tried to enter it, the helmet disappeared and the set changed to T-60. Has this happened to anyone else, because I'm pissed.

It's a known glitch that power armor may look like power armor that it isn't. Did the actual set change or just appearance?

Pilgrimzero

Was at the top of a building? Had to fight a sentry bot and assultron? I heard that the armor will scale to your level so if you go to early the armor might downgrade?

I cant confirm this because I went at like level 28 and it was X-01 when I got it.

It's starting to really annoy me how often the game forces companions on you during some questlines. I don't want immortal bullet sponges running into places guns blazing and ruining my experience, damn it.

Kaname

I think it's a glitch. The opposite happened to me though, T-60 turning into X-01.

dity

We're up to this random mission where there's a 400 year old monster human with super strength and telekinetic powers thanks to an old serum that halts aging. I thought this game would purely pull the post-apocolyptic angle for everything - but I didn't expect retro sci-fi fantasy to be in here. A random family from the 1800s? This shit is great.

Carcetti

Anyone else built their home pad on S
pectacle Islan
d? I really want to have a home away from all the settlers, with all the luxuries caps can buy. Except I'm out of concrete.

We're up to this random mission where there's a 400 year old monster human with super strength and telekinetic powers thanks to an old serum that halts aging. I thought this game would purely pull the post-apocolyptic angle for everything - but I didn't expect retro sci-fi fantasy to be in here. A random family from the 1800s? This shit is great.

They pretty much introduced Cthulhu mythos into the game in the FO3 expansion packs, and there's a place with direct sequel to that in the game too. I'm judging by name only, haven't had time to delve into the deeps yet.

ElFly

Does anybody know on which day you are unfrozen and exit vault 111?

kind of want to know how long I've been in game

omgkitty

So what I'm understanding about the settlement trophy is that it's mainly just cheesing the system and not actually tied to making a good settlement? I also think mine is glitched because I'm getting that stupid 0 in all categories when I'm not at Sanctuary.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone else built their home pad on S
pectacle Islan
d? I really want to have a home away from all the settlers, with all the luxuries caps can buy. Except I'm out of concrete.

Hilariously, the wasteland in this world is seemingly nothing but husks of concrete and rebar beyond the eye can see...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Does anybody know on which day you are unfrozen and exit vault 111?

kind of want to know how long I've been in game

Sometime around Halloween IIRC. Hence all the halloween decorations and plastic pumpkin pails everywhere.

So what I'm understanding about the settlement trophy is that it's mainly just cheesing the system and not actually tied to making a good settlement? I also think mine is glitched because I'm getting that stupid 0 in all categories when I'm not at Sanctuary.

Yep. It's stupid. Build as many tier 3 clinics as you can. Have enough food, beds, water, defense. Make sure all the beds are sheltered. Put pictures of puppies everywhere you can until you can't make anymore. Then sit there and wait for the happiness to slowly increase.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cant see any more enemies on Spectacle Island but still cant build there /shrug

and I did the generator to spawn the queen. The place is huge to build on tho, the map doesnt do it justice

edit: oops nvm you need to press the switch to scare them away lol

ckohler

Last night I decided to make The Castle my primary headquarters. So, I spent over an hour manually moving everything I've collected in the game so far (which was housed in Sanctuary) to The Castle. I broke down every item in Sanctuary and moved the Junk to The Castle.

Then I went to the Drive In Theater and did the same thing. Broke down every item and then manually moved all that scrap into the Workbench at The Castle.

My plan is to do this for every settlement so that I have a ridiculous amount of building material at The Castle so I can make the ultimate community there.

Is this a dumb idea? I don't want a bunch of little settlements... I just want ONE AWESOME SETTLEMENT!

So with my two industrial purifiers, I get so much water that it has basically broken the game. I will never have to spend my caps again.

Do you mean you just carry water around to heal with instead of buying stimpacks? I would have thought you would be selling all that extra water for caps and then spending the caps on stimpacks, unique items, etc.

I just love the random encounters in this game. Found a shack under a bridge completely empty..went to the bathroom/outhouse and it was a bloody mess with the settler in the tub.

Rhaknar

oh great got the cow on the roof now too >_>

Carcetti

Last night I decided to make The Castle my primary headquarters. So, I spent over an hour manually moving everything I've collected in the game so far (which was housed in Sanctuary) to The Castle. I broke down every item in Sanctuary and moved the Junk to The Castle.

Then I went to the Drive In Theater and did the same thing. Broke down every item and then manually moved all that scrap into the Workbench at The Castle.

My plan is to do this for every settlement so that I have a ridiculous amount of building material at The Castle so I can make the ultimate community there.

Is this a dumb idea? I don't want a bunch of little settlements... I just want ONE AWESOME SETTLEMENT!

You don't have to cart the stuff around to the workbench at Castle if you use Local Leader perk to make trade routes between all the settlements. So much easier. Also, fixing the castle walls is definitely best with Concrete Shack Floor blocks on top of each other.

Top Bottom