• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Hjod

Banned
Oh! so I have to link my settlements to get access to all my stuff? That makes a bit more sense. one more thing can the person I asine to do this can they be killed by the wasteland mid trip?

Yes they can die, but never experienced that during the time I've played.

Yes they can die, but never experienced that during the time I've played.

Considering the amout of time I come across caravanners being attacked by roaming super mutants I dont hold out much hope when I asine someone for this. At least the caravans have armed security.

P4ou3ce.jpg

halp.gif

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Guys, am I missing too much by not using companions? Are they useful with their stock equipment? Can't be bothered to manage their inventory.

Get Cait, give her a good melee weapon, and she will destroy. I've had her finish off Legendaries for me.

Got my base to a decent start yesterday. Think I'm going to put it off tonight until I open those supply lines. I got so much materials in sanctuary but am building at red rocket. I ahould have done that earlier since it takes a while to level up now. Only need to level up 3 times to get it.

Im also running out of missions. Gota go find some more. I cant make up my mind which faction to choose so I'm putting off bunker hill for a while.

Starfield

How far
can I come into the Railroad/Institute/BoS's questlines before I have to choose one faction over the other?

Question about Factions:

So I've been with the Minuteman since the beginning of the game and my home base is sanctuary. What happens if I try to join the
Brotherhood of Steel
?

I just got offered to join but I said I was unsure because I wasn't sure if the Minuteman would turn on me. Not really sure what all the alliances are.

Watevaman

I hope a mod comes that overhauls the crafting system's UI a bit. I just spent a lot more time than I needed to on the weapon crafting bench because I kept having to go back and forth between two weapons seeing which ones had which mods and how beneficial it would be to strip one vs. the other. I would love if I could have two windows, each with their own weapon (in the same class/compatible) and do the work from there.

Or, I'll just mod my carry weight so I don't have to worry about which weapons to hold on to...

lt519

Question about Factions:

So I've been with the Minuteman since the beginning of the game and my home base is sanctuary. What happens if I try to join the
Brotherhood of Steel
?

I just got offered to join but I said I was unsure because I wasn't sure if the Minuteman would turn on me. Not really sure what all the alliances are.

Nothing, you can ally with everybody basically until you start openly start acting out against them very near the end of the game.

Oh! so I have to link my settlements to get access to all my stuff? That makes a bit more sense. one more thing can the person I asine to do this can they be killed by the wasteland mid trip?

I have every settlement going back to Sanctuary. So its pretty aweasome once all your resources are combined.

I haven't lost anyone yet, maybe it has to do with distance? or just random?

I build mazes of beds in all of my settlements with a summoning bell at the center and then plant crops in the maze pathway to force the people to farm 24/7 - then I place turrets around the settlement parameter. I keep the water pumps hidden so I don't know how they get a drink since they are stuck farming in my mazes for eternity

I build mazes of beds in all of my settlements with a summoning bell at the center and then plant crops in the maze pathway to force the people to farm 24/7 - then I place turrets around the settlement parameter. I keep the water pumps hidden so I don't know how they get a drink since they are stuck farming in my mazes for eternity

Happiness: 100

If there is a door or opening I'm sure they can get in. To send a settler to other towns as a provisions you need 1 point in local leader perk (under charisma). Then you in build mode you go up to a settler, select them, press a button (I think it's l1 or r1 on the ps4, you can see at the bottom of the screen for the button action that says trade route), then the list of all your settlements shows up and you just select one. That settler will start going between the settlement it originates from and the one you picked and the workbench junk between those two pages will be shared

Thanks!

Good I have 2 ways for them to get in..but both are heavily guatrded

alexbull_uk

42hrs in so far and I just can't get enough.

I've explored about 1/3 of the map so far and haven't really touched Settlements at all. I haven't had this kind of enjoyment from a game since Skyrim.

lt519

Oh nice, so I guess its beneficial to just join everyone so you can get all quests and items, etc?

Definitely, you'll come to a point where you'll actually just have repeating quests and you'll be forced to progress the main story before you can do more quests with all of them again.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How do you use doors inside a building? I can't get a doorframe anywhere but on the outer walls.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Honestly the one mod that I really want is a no clip toggle for settlement building. Why this wasn't implemented in the first place is odd, you'd think Todd "you can do anything" Howard would allow players to place walls halfway in the ground if they wanted.

Valus

I dropped 15 frag mines where she spawned and let's just say she didn't take one step into the castle, or one step at all really.

Has anyone found any rare/unique melee weapons? Only one I've found is a special axe but you can't even mod it. Right now I'm using a normal modded supersledge, a rare machete that does 50% more damage to ghouls, and a dagger that does more sneak damage. I'm really hoping they added more stuff to this game than supersledges. I love the redesign but I used Oh Baby! way too much in New Vegas already.

Ramma2

Speaking of giving companions weapons, how do you make them use them? Piper pretty much refuses to use anything that isn't her bog standard 10mm pistol.

If you give her another gun, you have to give her matching ammo. Then equip the new gun you have her. Downside is that the new ammo is not unlimited, unlike her default pistol, so you'll need to keep her stocked.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How do you use doors inside a building? I can't get a doorframe anywhere but on the outer walls.
I asked in the settlement thread, didn't get an answer. Near as I can tell, the metal doorway prefab is the only way to do interior doors, but it's a huge waste of space.

Rizzi

Companion spoilers.
I just turned around and
Curie (who is the best companion) was smoking a cigarette.
Slightly out of character.

Aces&Eights

That was me until I got my hands on
overseers guardian
. That gun changes your life and gives you the confidence you need to go out and be a warrior. Actually had to bump it up to survival from very hard not long after I got it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do certain aids become permanent when used? I had some which have pushed my carry weight from 540 to 560. Just wondered if it will run out. Sadly don't recall the name.

squadr0n

Need help/Have a question about the Silver Shroud missions. Spoilers follow for mission:

I killed Kendra and I swear I left my calling card but I still have that part of the mission left to complete on my log. When I go to Good-neighbor to leave the calling card it just has a quest marker above an empty part of the floor without her body. What do I do? Do I even need to put the calling card to complete the mission?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Need help/Have a question about the Silver Shroud missions. Spoilers follow for mission:

I killed Kendra and I swear I left my calling card but I still have that part of the mission left to complete on my log. When I go to Good-neighbor to leave the calling card it just has a quest marker above an empty part of the floor without her body. What do I do? Do I even need to put the calling card to complete the mission?
I think it's optional but you should reload a previous save.

Aces&Eights

So, I'm at the part where I see helicopters randomly flying around. Can I shoot my missle launcher at them and take them down in free roam?
I really don't like the Brotherhood of Steel

Apathy

Do certain aids become permanent when used? I had some which have pushed my carry weight from 540 to 560. Just wondered if it will run out. Sadly don't recall the name.

I had to reread your first sentence, lol, it made me laugh. Things that raise your str increase your carry capacity for a little while. So buffout and any of the "buff" prefixed drugs. Alcohol raises str by a little, and then there is also Grilled Ragstag meat which you can cook which will let you carry 25 more pounds for 1 hour. All these are temporary buffs. The only way to permanently increase carry limit is to increase your strength when you level up, put points into the strong back perk, or use dogmeat or go solo and have the lone wanderer perk

Rizzi

So, I'm at the part where I see helicopters randomly flying around. Can I shoot my middle launcher at them and take them down in free roam?
I really don't like the Brotherhood of Steel

You can murder the shit out them with extreme prejudice.

Has anyone found any rare/unique melee weapons? Only one I've found is a special axe but you can't even mod it. Right now I'm using a normal modded supersledge, a rare machete that does 50% more damage to ghouls, and a dagger that does more sneak damage. I'm really hoping they added more stuff to this game than supersledges. I love the redesign but I used Oh Baby! way too much in New Vegas already.

I don't use melee much, but I've found some unique ones: the shishkebab from F3 and a 2076 World Series bat which can send enemies flying. Apparently there's also a unique electrified Chinese officer sword somewhere.

Top Bottom