• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I dropped 15 frag mines where she spawned and let's just say she didn't take one step into the castle, or one step at all really.

Has anyone found any rare/unique melee weapons? Only one I've found is a special axe but you can't even mod it. Right now I'm using a normal modded supersledge, a rare machete that does 50% more damage to ghouls, and a dagger that does more sneak damage. I'm really hoping they added more stuff to this game than supersledges. I love the redesign but I used Oh Baby! way too much in New Vegas already.
I found the
2076 WORLD SERIES BASEBALL BAT
in
Jamaica Plain
in the treasure room located in the basement.

Apathy

I dropped 15 frag mines where she spawned and let's just say she didn't take one step into the castle, or one step at all really.

Has anyone found any rare/unique melee weapons? Only one I've found is a special axe but you can't even mod it. Right now I'm using a normal modded supersledge, a rare machete that does 50% more damage to ghouls, and a dagger that does more sneak damage. I'm really hoping they added more stuff to this game than supersledges. I love the redesign but I used Oh Baby! way too much in New Vegas already.

I got 3 boxing gloves from legendaries and a sword that just sit in my inventory.

Oh and a powerfist drops from
Swan

Alucrid

Banned
BOS can get out of here trying to give me their poor ass power armor

yeah i've found pipes, wrenches, daggers, swords, rippers, baseball bats, etc.

Nameless

Being a melee user I was able to flip my massive surplus of ammo into a Big Boy, Heated Super Sledge, and a much needed fashion makeover for my character. Came out to like a 13k value. Not too bad.

GravyButt

Ok where the F is old north church for freedom trails? Evidently I cant find this and it's driving me nuts. Someone said its northeast of goodneighbors but still having 0 luck!

Apathy

Ok where the F is old north church for freedom trails? Evidently I cant find this and it's driving me nuts. Someone said its northeast of goodneighbors but still having 0 luck!

look down and follow the trail, you hit everything you need to. It's a red line that goes around and it end at the old north church

Yeah. I can point them out to you but there are lists out there about rare unique weapons.

The one I'd recommend that everybody can get if you have the money is a serrated chinese officer sword you can buy for like 2k or so caps from a diner you can rescue near
red rocket/lexington
that does 50% more damage against robots. Let me remind you that some of the toughest enemies in this game are robots. I fully upgraded that weapon, and it's my main.

My other main is a legendary super/rocket powered sledgehammer that has a bigger chance of causing stagger. Nothing like having this BIG ass enemy type like a deathclaw all of a sudden grow stiff and fall to the ground lol.

I also have grabbed basically every other unique melee weapon in the game, including the shishkebab, but none of them compare to my chinese officer sword and legendary sledge combo. Especially as stealth with 10x damage

I was considering bringing this combat knife you can get in a quest that does +25 points of bleed, but it ended up being that regardless of bleed and combat knives doing a bit more sneak damage they still don't compare to my sword and sledge.

Mindman

42hrs in so far and I just can't get enough.

I've explored about 1/3 of the map so far and haven't really touched Settlements at all. I haven't had this kind of enjoyment from a game since Skyrim.

This sums it up perfectly. Bethesda makes the best games. Crucify me if you must, GAF.

todahawk

She killed me almost instantly if I was anywhere near her, lol.

I stayed just inside the castle and when I saw her approach the door I'd lob one at her. Took pot shots at her at first but 4 mollys later I heard the experience "ching" and she was down.

Being a melee user I was able to flip my massive surplus of ammo into a Big Boy, Heated Super Sledge, and a much needed fashion makeover for my character. Came out to like a 13k value. Not too bad.

I wish there was a vendor that had like thousands of caps. I have so many legendary weapons I'm never going to use, and a BUTTLOAD of armor parts I'll never use either, all stored up and I'm just leaving them there cause I ain't selling them little by little.

I stayed just inside the castle and when I saw her approach the door I'd lob one at her. Took pot shots at her at first but 4 mollys later I heard the experience "ching" and she was down.

As a stealth guy with ninja and a critical I did a 1-shot supersledge sneak critical attack on her and she died.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I asked in the settlement thread, didn't get an answer. Near as I can tell, the metal doorway prefab is the only way to do interior doors, but it's a huge waste of space.

Damn that's annoying. Thank you for the input.

Nameless

I wish there was a vendor that had like thousands of caps. I have so many legendary weapons I'm never going to use, and a BUTTLOAD of armor parts I'll never use either, all stored up and I'm just leaving them there cause I ain't selling them little by little.

Well if you see a really expensive item(s) you want you could just barter with all that stuff in one transaction without using caps at all.

Well if you see a really expensive item(s) you want you could just barter with all that stuff in one transaction without using caps at all.

I've already bought the expensive ass dual-shot fat man and legendary heavy combat armor parts. Oh, also a missile launcher that does 50% more against humans. Anything else I'd never use.

The only thing I'd change anytime soon is if I find a legendary enemy that gives me one of the armor parts I currently have equipped, but with chameleon. One dropped a sturdy combat armor chest piece with it, but sturdy is for losers.

todahawk

As a stealth guy with ninja and a critical I did a 1-shot supersledge sneak critical attack on her and she died.

That. Is. Awesome.
I really want to try a melee build next.

Valus

That. Is. Awesome.

It's great. Saw thing happened to me but against a
Savage Deathclaw
in the Salem School of Witchcraft. It just walked past me and boom, one-shotted. Ninja perk making your melee sneak attacks do ten times damage is ridiculous. I have better criticals too, I'm assuming it stacks with it.

Also ty for all the responses. I'll try and find that chinese sword, it sounds legit. Do synths count as robots?

That. Is. Awesome.

melee builds are tons of fun, but unless you're also putting points into armorer/blacksmith you'll need a companion with you for a big portion of the early on sections because you won't have the skills to make you an assassin (at least for stealth melee). You need a companion to do ranged attacks and distract the enemy as you sneak behind them.

It's great. Saw thing happened to me but against a
Savage Deathclaw
in the Salem School of Witchcraft. It just walked past me and boom, one-shotted. Ninja perk making your melee sneak attacks do ten times damage is ridiculous. I have better criticals too, I'm assuming it stacks with it.

Criticals maxed out do 2.5x damage. So it's multiplying 2.5x 10x. You are doing 25 times your regular damage with a critical. Hard to NOT fuck up anything when my sledge is doing like 150 or so regular damage.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
What is the main source of wasted weight?

I do carry 6-8 weapons, but I like to have a spread of ammo types for different situations. I don't use heavy armor. I try to dump my junk. I just can't figure out why I'm always at 250 weight. I can barely carry anything to sell or scrap - I must be doing something wrong.

What is the secret? I also dump stuff on my companion, but he gets full too.

BTW when I dump my junk at a workshop, is that stuff available at all workshops?

ZangBa

I got to use the shishkebab for like an hour before I replaced it with a unique weapon that does twice as much damage, and causes bleed and poison. I love the shishkebab, but this thing is beastly.

I got to use the shishkebab for like an hour before I replaced it with a unique weapon that does twice as much damage, and causes bleed and poison. I love the shishkebab, but this thing is beastly.

Kremvh's tooth or something like that? Loved that weapon.

I used it up until mid-late 20ish level and then I switched it for the chinese officer sword that does 50% more against robots. It does more damage over-all AND it has the bonus against robots.

And yeah Shishkebab got fucking nerfed in this game. You would think it'd be more powerful but nope.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I have a very important question that may change this game forever.
How/When can I steal Maxon's clothes?

Apparently you have to kill him. Not sure if it's part of the main story or just something you have to choose to do, but that's the only way I think. Unless you're on PC.

I do carry 6-8 weapons, but I like to have a spread of ammo types for different situations. I don't use heavy armor. I try to dump my junk. I just can't figure out why I'm always at 250 weight. I can barely carry anything to sell or scrap - I must be doing something wrong.

BTW when I dump my junk at a workshop, is that stuff available at all workshops?
Check and see if you have an overstock of nuka cola or something. If you mod guns a lot you might have excess mods in your inventory. I was carrying like 40 molotovs and 30 dirty waters. Cleared up some space there.

Your junk that you drop is only available in all workshops once you open supply lines. Its that leader perk under charisma.

ZangBa

Kremvh's tooth or something like that? Loved that weapon.

I used it up until mid-late 20ish level and then I switched it for the chinese officer sword that does 50% more against robots. It does more damage over-all AND it has the bonus against robots.

And yeah Shishkebab got fucking nerfed in this game. You would think it'd be more powerful but nope.

Damn, what? I'm level 46 I think and this weapon is way above any other melee weapon I've found. I wonder if uniques scale with level because the other swords are weak in conparison.

RemissionAuthor

Neo Member
Went into
Medford Memorial Hospital
for a quest and super mutants hear my companion. Next thing I know 3 legendary super mutant brutes, 2 regular super mutants, and a suicider all come charging my position. Thank you super mutant slaying laser rifle that does 50% more damage to super mutants. Made it out in one piece.

scrcrw

The baseball vendor in Diamond City sells the Rockville Slugger with -40% AP cost. Upgraded to bladed+aluminum it does pretty good damage and combined with high agility and some more AP cost reduction I was getting 10 attacks per VATS cycle. There isn't much that can stand up to that when you're fully melee specced. Destroying enemies in power armor with a baseball bat is pretty great. :)

Main source of wasted weight people don't consider is all of the aids you might have.

Go through the list.

Do you really need to have all of that food with you? I use stimpacks like 95% of the time and I still have way too many stimpacks.

Do you really need all of those chems? Dump them in your base.

Uncooked meat, nuka colas, etc. My Aids has a lot of useless shit you don't have to carry with you all of the time.

Also grenades, I only carry like 4 with me and barely use them as is.

Kamina777

Banned
Game is getting shredded on RPGCodex and people claim I should play Wasteland 2 DC instead if I'm interested in a post-apocalyptic setting. Is that accurate?

I regret buying that Wasteland 2.

I purchased it before Fallout and even though I got into a good rhythm with the combat by pumping points into extra turns and action points. I took it back and put the credit towards FO4. Wasteland 2 stopped being fun way too early. It had its dialogue moments but everything else felt stunted..it struck me as a product meant to appeal to people who suffered through all the flaws of these types of games and like to believe they were the best ways these scenarios could be played.

Bethesda's Fallout isn't trying to bring back a bygone era, its veering off in its own direction, if you have enjoyed Bethesda games, especially the fallout ones to any degree, this game without a doubt will win you over as well. So much gameplay depth, despite its flaws in dialogue.

Valus

Damn, what? I'm level 46 I think and this weapon is way above any other melee weapon I've found. I wonder if uniques scale with level because the other swords are weak in conparison.

That weapon is just a modded machete if I'm not mistaken. You can even pull the blade mod off the weapon and put it on a real legendary machete. I put it on my +50% damage to ghouls and it's great. Has the poison and bleed, plus the legendary passive. And the unique look.

Weapons don't scale with level, they scale with your damage dealing perks/strength/perception.

Shishkebab does less base damage than the tooth, and even less base damage than the fully upgraded chinese officer sword. Consider the fact most of the damage from the shiskebab comes from energy/fire, and most enemies aren't particularly weak to fire besides like ghouls.

I did testing by bringing maxed out chinese officer sword and maxed out shishkebab to fight enemies. With shiskebab if I wasn't in stealth mode it'd take me like 3-4 swipes to kill an enemy. With maxed out chinese officer sword I was doing it in 2 swipes. And chinese officer sword has 50% more against robots, which are arguably the toughest enemies outside of deathclaws. Shishkebab just makes dead enemies fire up.

That weapon is just a modded machete if I'm not mistaken. You can even pull the blade mod off the weapon and put it on a real legendary machete. I put it on my +50% damage to ghouls and it's great. Has the poison and bleed, plus the legendary passive. And the unique look.

There you go. Machetes are the least damage dealing of the three sword types. But they're also slightly faster I guess.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Where did you find someone that sells melee weapons?

Ushay

I think companions are enjoyable for the first time in a Bethesda game, I like hanging with Piper. People like Valentine are fun to bring with, they add to the story and they add to their background, I learned a lot about Valentine by having him with me when he wants to speak or I ask him that I wouldn't have really learned otherwise. I had questions about his history when I first met him and I learnt about him by just having him along.

There's even cool things that shape how a companion treats you, I believe if you meet Piper for the first time
in your vault suit, she gives you the nickname "Blue" which she'll use time to time, I don't think she does it if you don't meet her the first time with it on.

Indeed, Piper calls my character Blue occasionally, really adds to some situations sometimes. Bethesda have exceeded my expectations this time around.

Bioware be sweating.

ZangBa

Weapons don't scale with level, they scale with your damage dealing perks/strength/perception.

Shishkebab does less base damage than the tooth, and even less base damage than the fully upgraded chinese officer sword. Consider the fact most of the damage from the shiskebab comes from energy/fire, and most enemies aren't particularly weak to fire besides like ghouls.

I did testing by bringing maxed out chinese officer sword and maxed out shishkebab to fight enemies. With shiskebab if I wasn't in stealth mode it'd take me like 3-4 swipes to kill an enemy. With maxed out chinese officer sword I was doing it in 2 swipes. And chinese officer sword has 50% more against robots, which are arguably the toughest enemies outside of deathclaws. Shishkebab just makes dead enemies fire up.

There you go. Machetes are the least damage dealing of the three sword types. But they're also slightly faster I guess.

I guess it's the unique mod that comes with it that makes it so strong. Sounds like I should just put the mod on my legendary machete that causes freezing. 3 different effects on one weapon, lol. The freeze is ridiculously good, especially when you fight something like a gunner in power armor.

vocab

She still calls you blue without a vault suit because you look and sound like you came out of a vault. Bethesda always does poor reactivity. Characters know shit about you when you havent told them anything. Like nick mentioning dogmeat out of no where. A lot of the scripting is off completely.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Like woofington said, Aid is a big culprit. For me I had something like 45 purified waters without realizing it and got in the habit of actually favoriting these to actually use instead of constantly pumping stimpacks. In the later game when you kill a lot of deathclaws, their meat is also really heavy.

She still calls you blue without a vault suit. Bethesda always does poor reactivity. Characters know shit about you when you havent told them anything. Like nick mentioning dogmeat out of no where.

All the companions know eachother somehow, it's apparent when you ask someone to come with you as they interact with whoever you currently have. It's weird but I guess it would have been hard for them to introduce that.

pffffffffft lover Caitlin is the best companion to have. Once I finish leveling up the minuteman dude for his perk I'm only going to have Caitlin with me.

Why? Because whenever you're an asshole or make a sassy comment she's all "DAMN BABY YOU SO BAAAAAAAAAAAAD" which makes shit better.

Also as stealth guy you occasionally have to steal shit. Piper, Curie, and a bunch of others hate it when you steal from people. Cait loves it.

Also why. The AI is fucking silly at points. If we meet a fucking guy in power armor and I steal his fusion core, you shouldn't dislike it. Even if they don't, they hate you if you try to steal the armor parts off his body armor. That's stupid. They're bad guys. And dead. Get over it goody two shoes characters.

sangreal

She still calls you blue without a vault suit. Bethesda always does poor reactivity. Characters know shit about you when you havent told them anything. Like nick mentioning dogmeat out of no where.

its always so bizarre when the player char goes up to people he hasn't met and calls them by their name too

ZangBa

pffffffffft lover Caitlin is the best companion to have. Once I finish leveling up the minuteman dude for his perk I'm only going to have Caitlin with me.

Why? Because whenever you're an asshole or make a sassy comment she's all "DAMN BABY YOU SO BAAAAAAAAAAAAD" which makes shit better.

Also as stealth guy you occasionally have to steal shit. Piper, Curie, and a bunch of others hate it when you steal from people. Cait loves it.

Also why. The AI is fucking silly at points. If we meet a fucking guy in power armor and I steal his fusion core, you shouldn't dislike it. Even if they don't, they hate you if you try to steal the armor parts off his body armor. That's stupid. They're bad guys. And dead. Get over it goody two shoes characters.

I just fast-tracked Preston into idolize territory (boring character). Thinking of doing Cait next, does she like it when you make drugs? I have like 100 of every drug and I could make a lot at a chemistry station, but have been waiting until I used Cait to do it in case she likes it.

Hollycat

I think companions are enjoyable for the first time in a Bethesda game, I like hanging with Piper. People like Valentine are fun to bring with, they add to the story and they add to their background, I learned a lot about Valentine by having him with me when he wants to speak or I ask him that I wouldn't have really learned otherwise. I had questions about his history when I first met him and I learnt about him by just having him along.

There's even cool things that shape how a companion treats you, I believe if you meet Piper for the first time
in your vault suit, she gives you the nickname "Blue" which she'll use time to time, I don't think she does it if you don't meet her the first time with it on.

No, she calls you Blue no matter what once she figures out you were in a vault. I tossed my vault outfit 5 min outside the vault and she still called me that.

Valus

Do you keep companion perks when they aren't in your party? I haven't bothered doing any companion quests or know what perks they give.

Top Bottom