• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 PS+ Users are not able to update to the PS5 version

Looks like MS/Bethesda wants PS users to buy the game, which I personally did a while ago. Got a nice deal on the GOTY edition.
Edit: It's a PS+ licensing issue.

6sp18zj53nwc1.jpeg

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Not a big sweat. 3 banger games hit this week to play.

Can pick this up later in the year when it’s on sale again for the ps5 specific version if needed.

The show hype to play fallout has faded for me anyway.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Looks like MS/Bethesda wants PS users to buy the game, which I personally did a while ago. Got a nice deal on the GOTY edition.
I thought everyone knew this has happened with multiple games. Its the way PSN lists things. I think they actually list just the PS+ version as a totally different SKU. And they dont do smart delivery well every time.

Wish I could remember which thread people got into it on here because I remember it being discussed in depth.

Trogdor1123

Brutal. I bought the game on day 1, bought the season pass. When i bought my ps5 they had it on the ps library or whatever they call it so sold the game. Now I can’t download a patch…

Sony always finds a way.

Bethesda having shitty business practices? Heaven forfend!

I just discovered this when I went to download it. I don't want to spend £15-35 on this when I don't even know if I'll enjoy it (liked 3, loved NV and 1&2), and it's £8 for the GOTY version for Steam on cd keys...

I'm not giving those arseholes money given how shitty they are towards their customers. I'll never forgive them for paid mods. Bunch of thieving bastards.
Also Todd Howard is a liar. Probably a whore too.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Funny thing is that I was just about to reup my ps+. Thinking it would be worth it for the Elden ring expansion. Now, fuck it.

StereoVsn

Yeah, it’s likely this is Sony’s PS+ shenanigans. It’s just not well built store.

I have had issues with PS+ games, patches and purchasing before.

Mr Moose

The PlayStation Plus collection version might work, if it was available on PS+ after that, not sure about that one.
The update isn't even available yet though is it?

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Bethesda having shitty business practices? Heaven forfend!

I just discovered this when I went to download it. I don't want to spend £15-35 on this when I don't even know if I'll enjoy it (liked 3, loved NV and 1&2), and it's £8 for the GOTY version for Steam on cd keys...

I'm not giving those arseholes money given how shitty they are towards their customers. I'll never forgive them for paid mods. Bunch of thieving bastards.
Also Todd Howard is a liar. Probably a whore too.
It’s almost certainly not Bethesda, it’s Sony.

I thought everyone knew this has happened with multiple games. Its the way PSN lists things. I think they actually list just the PS+ version as a totally different SKU. And they dont do smart delivery well every time.

Wish I could remember which thread people got into it on here because I remember it being discussed in depth.

Totally forgot about those PS+ issues. I guess we'll have to wait and see what's up.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Pretty shitty of Bethesda, especially as you couldnt buy fallout 4 yesterday when having redeemed the ps plus version

It's not a Bethesda issue, FF7 Intergrade couldn't be updated for the PS+ version for a while either. Same happened when Greedfall was on PS+ and got a new-gen upgrade in that window.

Likely it's some kind of a PS+ License related issue.

The PlayStation Plus collection version might work, if it was available on PS+ after that, not sure about that one.
The update isn't even available yet though is it?

It is, the update is live now.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Didn't the same thing happen with PS+ FF7R and its next-gen update? Sony seems to be treating the PS+ versions af different, inferior ones.

Last edited:

graywolf323

it’s a publisher decision, we know this from the FFVII Remake where Square explicitly stated the PS+ copies wouldn’t be upgraded (several months later they changed their minds which again proves it’s a publisher decision)

there’ve been multiple games where the PS+ version was upgradable for free when the upgrade went live, so I don’t know why people are acting like this is somehow Sony’s fault that a publisher decided not to give an upgrade free

Sweep14

ITT people are crying that they didn’t spend $4 for a game and can’t upgrade their subscription version for free.
Had people know that their version would not be eligible for the upgrade, they would have spent those 4$ on the game, probably...

Top Bottom