• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 PS+ Users are not able to update to the PS5 version

Mr Moose

Was it ever on Essentials?
nevermind, it wouldn't make sense either way.
50542075172_e1ff7a93cc_h.jpg

omegasc

Yeah I know that, but look for the game in your downloaded games... the PS4 version for PS+ is gone. I get a 404. Maybe that SKU being gone is why it is not granting the ownership of the new PS4/PS5 version. Just a wild guess.

edit: RE7 PS+ page, which also did not benefit from the free PS5 upgrade, is gone as well.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Yeah I know that, but look for the game in your downloaded games... the PS4 version for PS+ is gone. I get a 404. Maybe that SKU being gone is why it is not granting the ownership of the new PS4/PS5 version. Just a wild guess.
It shows for me on my PS5 library, I downloaded it to double check if the PS5 version works and it didn't, needed to find my disc for that.
Edit: If you use the website to search for it https://library.playstation.com/ps-plus don't click the game, select the option on the right side to download it (but its just the PS4 version).

Last edited:

omegasc

It shows for me on my PS5 library, I downloaded it to double check if the PS5 version works and it didn't, needed to find my disc for that.
Edit: If you use the website to search for it https://library.playstation.com/ps-plus don't click the game, select the option on the right side to download it (but its just the PS4 version).
yes, it shows up for download, but the game page is gone. I checked Greedfall as well. So my theory is that, since SKU-PS+ is gone, it's not granting the license to SKUPS4+PS5.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You can call out Sony for their shitty system all you want.

I am ..

But you keep trying to absolve it and put all the blame on Bethesda...
And yet none of that negates my point that it is still up to Bethesda to handle issues like this prior to launching an update.

---

At the very least, let folks know the PS+ version would not be updated right away. The way this unfolded, it looks like they got caught with their pants down. That's on them.

Or you could say the way the PS+ backend works, the free upgrade that is being rolled out on PS5's has not gone up on the PS+ versions at the same time.

There's only been 4~ games that fall into that specific scenario and all of them had the same issue.

It came with the PlayStation Plus Collection.

Coincidentally, RE7 was another example where the next-gen upgrade did not apply.

I have this version on my PS5 (the Collection version) and it's still the PS4 version, never got around to getting the PS5 upgrade.

-

The reason RE2 and RE3 remakes didn't have this issue when they came to PS+ is because those games were already patched for the new gen a year or so before, so PS+ had the SKU ready to go up already.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
wait im confuse here.

Is the ps5 ver available for PS plus collection F4 owners?

I saw theres 2 ver of f4 on Ps store.
1. PS5 F4 with the disc icon for download.
2. PS4 F4 with PS Plus icon for download.

Confused Jimmy Tatro GIF by ABC Network

EDIT: ok based on the twitter replies from Bethesda and my several tries here, upgrade is NOT APPLICABLE for PS Plus CATALOGUE owners.

Last edited:

Scary_Larry

Neo Member
It should be live now for PS+ owners.
If you are a PS+ Extra or above member, yes. If not, you have to upgrade from Essential to Extra. It's insane really. Both PS+ and GamePass aren't "free". However, MS owns Bethesda these days, so no shocker. Shady as hell though.

Pretty much a bait and switch for those on PS+ Essential. I got a refund from Sony for the Season Pass I bought last night. I'll use it to spend on Steller Blade from a company that does want my time and business.

Last edited:

ManaByte

edit: RE7 PS+ page, which also did not benefit from the free PS5 upgrade, is gone as well.
They removed the PS+ collection.

Mahavastu

I am pretty sure that I only have this game via PS+ Collection, but after all these years who really knows?
Here in Germany on the PS5 in the store there is a Fallout button which shows a lot of Fallout stuff, including "Fallout 4".
When I click here, I only get the free "PS4 Standard edition".
BUT if I go to the 3-point "more" menu and select the "standard edition" here, it shows me a free download for the PS5/PS4 version. I have to "buy" it for 0.00€, but then I am able to download both, so the PS5 version is free.

Would be nice if others could try this and report

Edit: according to this it might be my PS+ Extra subscription which causes the free download. I totally forgot that this game might also be there

Last edited:

Scary_Larry

Neo Member
I am pretty sure that I only have this game via PS+ Collection, but after all these years who really knows?
Here in Germany on the PS5 in the store there is a Fallout button which shows a lot of Fallout stuff, including "Fallout 4".
When I click here, I only get the free "PS4 Standard edition".
BUT if I go to the 3-point "more" menu and select the "standard edition" here, it shows me a free download for the PS5/PS4 version. I have to "buy" it for 0.00€, but then I am able to download both, so the PS5 version is free.

Would be nice if others could try this and report

Tried that a bunch of times and it shows as $19.99 or upgrade to Extra for 12 months. I'm in NA. You must have PS+ Extra or above.

It's a bait and switch they pulled. As said, I'm glad I got refunded for the Season Pass I got last night. Bethesda can shovel shit for eternity for all I care.

Last edited:

adamsapple

wait im confuse here.

Is the ps5 ver available for PS plus collection F4 owners?

No, despite this issue now being fixed for Extra, the games in the Collection are still treated as PS4 only titles. RE7 wasn't eligible for its next-gen update, neither is this.

skit_data

If you downloaded it or started the game...

good-luck-morgan-freeman-3sos9n8gq76rcvgs.gif
Yeah, I probably won't get a refund because I stupidly enough booted and played the game for like 5 mins. Playstation should do something about their refund policy, it's infamously shit. They don't need to give Steam levels of leeway but at least try to make it less... shit.

bender

What time is it?
Yeah, I probably won't get a refund because I stupidly enough booted and played the game for like 5 mins. Playstation should do something about their refund policy, it's infamously shit. They don't need to give Steam levels of leeway but at least try to make it less... shit.

You can request a one-time exception but as far as I know, that doesn't reset so you might want to save it for a full priced game.

AlphaMale

I thought everyone knew this has happened with multiple games. Its the way PSN lists things. I think they actually list just the PS+ version as a totally different SKU. And they dont do smart delivery well every time.

Wish I could remember which thread people got into it on here because I remember it being discussed in depth.

I recall someting like this happened with The Witcher 3...

Homeboy... the game was released in 2015. It was given away free in 2020. You still don't know if you would enjoy it? :messenger_fearful:
Not enough to spend more than £8 on it. Originally I was waiting for the worst of the bugs to be dealt with, seen as it's the Creation Engine. Between the paid mods and shitty base building, I found it very off-putting. I just want to play a fun ARPG. I don't give a shit about building beds for a bunch of people who managed just fine before I crawled out my pod.

Last edited:

Spaulding

It#s working now (at least in the EU store). Bought the PS+ collection version. Had the same issue as mentioned before: Unable to download the PS5 version.

Zheph

It#s working now (at least in the EU store). Bought the PS+ collection version. Had the same issue as mentioned before: Unable to download the PS5 version.
Yeah it works for me too now, gonna download and give it a try this weekend

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Ffs I went a bought the fecking game after my PS+ version wouldn't update to the PS5, are we now saying Sony/Bethesda are now allowing those on the PS+ basic tier who got it free can now upgrade it to the PS5 version??

Orbital2060

You can call out Sony for their shitty system all you want.

Then I suggest you stick to actual points rather than pointing fingers at me and I'll do the same for you.

And yet none of that negates my point that it is still up to Bethesda to handle issues like this prior to launching an update. At the very least, let folks know the PS+ version would not be updated right away. The way this unfolded, it looks like they got caught with their pants down. That's on them.
This is a well known problem because Sony uses different SKUs for the same title on the sub and in store. There are many examples like this, dependibg on what game people have tried to claim.

This doesnt happen on Xbox because of Smart Delivery. You make one app and thats it.

So, on the contrary, Sony just created more work for Bethesda to deal with.

NickFire

It has been a game by game decision The entire generation. Some games never got free updated like uncharted and re 7. The hit or miss nature, with some coming in late like FF, suggest it’s up to the publisher to decide.

Honestly, this was expected. Thats why I paid the 5 sale price last week when I realized I got rid of my diac copy after it was added to ps+.

Topher

Gold Member
This is a well known problem because Sony uses different SKUs for the same title on the sub and in store. There are many examples like this, dependibg on what game people have tried to claim.

This doesnt happen on Xbox because of Smart Delivery. You make one app and thats it.

So, on the contrary, Sony just created more work for Bethesda to deal with.

Yeah, it is a shitty system. There is no doubt about that.

You bought a great game to own and you're angry.

A game he didn't need to buy. Messaging on this has been crap.

Last edited:

ManaByte

adamsapple

You're not missing out on shit with this lazy ass "next gen update"

Faster loading times that's IT
They actually did a pretty decent job with the performance of this didn't they

A roller coaster of emotions. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Those who claimed Fallout 4 through the PS+ Collection cannot get the upgrade (unless they sub to PS+ Extra and download the PS5 version of course).

Not surprised, those games were specifically offered as PS4 version freebies (RE7 didn't get the free next gen upgrade if you got the Collections version either)

But one user in the other topic did say that their PS Collections version updated to the PS5 version so who knows ..

Last edited:
"We do not have any information regarding PS5 Catalogue or PS+ Essentials."

You don't have any information? You honestly have no idea whether this would work, should work, or is intended to work? No information at all?

This is just spite.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
It's free for PS+ Essential Users now. I followed this totally NOT intuitive guide to get it added to my library and im downloading it now. I'm in the US:

JDWOzKN.png

One addition to the above.....after you select Fallout 4, click on the 3 dots, and choose view product. On the next page, you'll see the "Game and Game" dropdown. Choose the second one, which is the PS5 version, add it to your library and then you're good to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom