• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter: Phone game from Bethesda studios where you are the Overseer, out now

todahawk

Finally got my vault built back up, another roach raid and it killed 30 of my 36 people, I think I am done unless they patch it.

Yeah, suddenly started crashing really bad on me. I was just shy of 30 vault dwellers, all resources flowing well and my main wasteland explorer doing well... Then the crashes started. Now I get the loading screen and all I hear is fire crackling and then it crashes. I had around 14k in bottle caps so hopefully I have enough to revive everyone when they (hopefully) patch it.

On the rad roach end, they're getting really hard to kill. I kept pumping stimpacks into the defenders but damn. Seems random though. Some batches go down like I expect but others just won't die. I'm using heavy weapons too. Alien blaster pistols, mini-guns, flamers.

vpance

Even with a guided fat man and other Vault dwellers armed to the teeth with shotguns and rifles, these radroaches take forever to beat in the fully upgraded three room power or water complexes. However, they'll easily fall against one man wielding a sawed off shotgun in a single room that hasn't been upgraded. So, are the radroaches' health tied to the level of the room that they're invading?

I noticed that too. Still I can't imagine sticking with low level small rooms for the later game if were trying to thinking of a way around the roach issue.

The roaches have to be glitched. And if you are seeing them wipe out a room, get your dwellers out. Have the roaches spread to another where they probably won't be invincible. The roaches disappear from the original room if no one is in it.

I have never had a problem with roaches. I have everyone armed and in armor, and as soon as they pop up, they are dead.

I've kind of screwed up and had a major baby boom, bringing my population from 20 to 30 almost overnight. I saw the pain coming and built a second two-room restaurant, so we're keeping up with demand, but it got hairy for a second. About half of the kids are grown now which freed up opportunity to send some people to the wasteland to scavenge.

I might actually try to use mod tools when Fallout 4 comes out to build my shelter. If this remains fun for more than two days, that is.

The roaches have to be glitched. And if you are seeing them wipe out a room, get your dwellers out. Have the roaches spread to another where they probably won't be invincible. The roaches disappear from the original room if no one is in it.

That's actually smart, as I told before from my experience roaches become stronger depending on how much you've upgraded a room and others factor.
For example roaches in maxed powerplant are extremely strong, roaches in maxed restaurant are more easy to deal with, in small rooms you get 1/2 roaches at max, in the bigger ones you may get up to 5.

Is there a reason this was out for iOS before Android? Doesn't make sense to me, to focus on the platform with a much smaller market share...

Is there a reason this was out for iOS before Android? Doesn't make sense to me, to focus on the platform with a much smaller market share...
iOS has a bigger market share afaik, and it's been mentioned that Apple both worked on the game with them, and likely paid for it to be exclusive for awhile.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
iOS has a bigger market share afaik, and it's been mentioned that Apple both worked on the game with them, and likely paid for it to be exclusive for awhile.

They don't pay for exclusives but they can offer featuring which is as good as cash.

So is it glitchy for anyone else when Raiders attack the vault?

I'll try to send people to deal with them and they just start wandering aimlessly or walk into the room with the raiders then walk out

Savitar

I usually have a heavy armed person at the vault door always ready. Normally if anyone gets out they get gunned down soon after in the next room.

TheContact

I'm up to 56 vault dwellers despite when I only had 20 or so losing half my vault to rad roaches that seemed to be invincible. I somehow recovered and now everyone pretty much has a decent gun and armor and rad roaches die really fast now.

I still only have one person capable of holding their own when I send her out of the vault. I got lucky with lunch boxes that had a power armor suit and a minigun

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

iOS has a much smaller share of the hardware market, but app revenue is about even between iOS and Android I think.

iOS is also much easier to develop for.

Nightbird

iOS has a much smaller share of the hardware market, but app revenue is about even between iOS and Android I think.

iOS is also much easier to develop for.

It's paid Apps that get the Short End of the Stick on Android due easy piracy.
Free to Play Games make at least just as much revenue on Android as on IPhone

Meaty

Finally got a perfect special Confessor Cromwell.

That baby is gonna be the king of the wasteland.

Also, game is crashing so horribly. Ironic how bethesda cant release a non-broken game on every single platform.

SJRB

Gold Member
Bump.

My vault is flourishing. Its great.

But yeah still wondering how to properly deal with Raiders. Anyone got any tips?

Right after the vault entrance I have a 1-room sized Living Quarters, completely empty. After that is my 3-room sized Diner which houses 7 fully armored/armed dwellers.

Raiders always go straight ahead into the diner and basically run into a meat grinder. Poor Raiders won't even know what hit them.

tch

Also, game is crashing so horribly. Ironic how bethesda cant release a non-broken game on every single platform.

I laughed. My 5s was crashing (mostly in the list of dwellers or managing the dwellers in the wasteland) when I was upwards of 160 or so dwellers. I culled them down to 130 and now I don't have any problems

I really wish the challenges were a little more interesting/based on your progress.. I'm in the end game now and I'm sick of constantly getting "merge 8 rooms" and have "12 dwellers pregnant."

I think the game would really benefit if there was some sort of defense that you had to man outside the vault door (like 5 or 6 people). They could send waves of enemies (not just raiders) This could even be like a challenge mode that you initiate. If you push your luck you might lose those dwellers and their gear for good, but if you try the next wave you can unlock loot. Make the endgame a little less passive.

Wooooo broke the 100 dweller mark.

Starting to get bored. I'm not entirely sure what the endgame is here. lol

Right after the vault entrance I have a 1-room sized Living Quarters, completely empty. After that is my 3-room sized Diner which houses 7 fully armored/armed dwellers.

Raiders always go straight ahead into the diner and basically run into a meat grinder. Poor Raiders won't even know what hit them.

thanks for the tip that works great.

Meier

Wooooo broke the 100 dweller mark.

Starting to get bored. I'm not entirely sure what the endgame is here. lol

It's a pretty poor game, truth to be told. There is no carrot to keep people coming back in terms of giving you little items that can be turned in for stuff and frankly there's no real incentive to keep playing. The lunch boxes are almost exclusively filled with total garbage and it's just insanely repetitive. Even with my dwellers out for over 24 hours, they don't bring back particularly impressive items. It's like, what's the point?

There aren't even any new buildings for once you pass 100. They need to be pumping out content.

Top Bottom