• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter: Phone game from Bethesda studios where you are the Overseer, out now

Oppo

Not sure what your referencing, but it shouldn't be an issue in this thread, since an Android version is confirmed. Problem solved.

yes. OP should be clarified. because the Android moaning is fucking out of control. Like a bag of cats in here.

I can't wait to try this, I liked the Tower games, shallow as they were.

downloading now from Canada App Store BTW

Runs like crap on iphone 4S. Cant even get to play more than 5 minutes because the iphone kicks me out of the game.
It does this with nearly all apps so im not surprised either. Does this game takes that many resources really? or is it just that my iphone is crapping out.

EDIT Is running good now, not great, but at least it doesnt boot me out of the game after switching off the phone completly.
The game is amazingly fun and addictive.

EDIT 2 AND the fucking iphone rebooted again,

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
PC vs Linux then. Doesn't really matter. Fact is that a lot of games are iOS exclusive or lead on iOS and Android users really ought to be used to that by now. Both this thread and the OT are just fucking littered with 'Android?!'. It wouldn't stand for any other platforms and it shouldn't stand here either.

Come on. I'm sure most of these people are wondering whether there is an Android release and if there is, when are we expecting it. We're talking about a game that was just announced and released hours ago. Most people are not port begging but legitimately asking questions.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
If there's port begging in the OT then bitch about it in there. Exclusivity for a fallout 'game' is shit.

On a related note, they're going to make a zillion dollars off this game, aren't they? Fallout 5 will be a sequel to this, won't it?
I'm only sort of joking

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you want me to tell you:
Click on the dweller, then the stat bars. It'll show the seven stats with numbers. Find the highest number(s). Then, either click on each individual room or go to build room and cycle through the list. Each room will have one letter that corresponds with the skills.

Off the top of my head:
Power: (S) Strength
Diner: (A) Agility
Medi + Science: (I) Intelligence
Supply: (E) Endeavor????
Water Treatment: (P) Perceptiveness
Living Quarters (kinda): (C) Charisma
???: (L) Luck

That's all I have unlocked at this point. Basically, just put them in the room that corresponds with their highest skill level. If they're tied, try both rooms out.

No prob, I had the same problem with different levels! As far as the organization goes, good for you for thinking it through. I haven't worried about filling up the space horizontally yet. I just have one column of elevators with three-fors on each side.

Luck is for finding stuff when exploring outside of the vault. So your high luck dudes are the dudes you suit up to ship out.

Other than that, you can mostly just drag them over every room and drop them in the place where the number is the biggest.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Runs like crap on iphone 4S. Cant even get to play more than 5 minutes because the iphone kicks me out of the game.
It does this with nearly all apps so im not surprised either. Does this game takes that many resources really? or is it just that my iphone is crapping out.

Iphone4s is soon to be 4 years old. I'll guess its your phone starting to crap out.

This is probably the first mobile thread where i see so many people waiting for the game to drop impatiently rather than trashing it lol

kiguel182

I hope this is good. It looked really interesting (more than most things at that conference).

Shame I don't have an iPad or iPhone. My next tablet really needs to be iOS because of stuff like this.

Everything going great, 90% happiness and pretty good with resources. I found even a servor armour with high stats in one of the lunchboxes, have that and a 17 power flamethorwer in one of my explorers..
2 explorers are bringing some goods. All is well in shelter 757.

Iphone4s is soon to be 4 years old. I'll guess its your phone starting to crap out.

This is probably the first mobile thread where i see so many people waiting for the game to drop impatiently rather than trashing it lol

I understand, still makes me sad i payed 500 fucking euros for this thing, that was a lot of money :(
At least 4 years is more than what the majority of phones in my family last.

Chaos17

yes. OP should be clarified. because the Android moaning is fucking out of control. Like a bag of cats in here.

Don't be rude and just ask gently the OP to update his post.

Wingus

EDIT Is running good now, not great, but at least it doesnt boot me out of the game after switching off the phone completly.

Had the same thing on my 4S as well. Game kept crapping out till I switched off/on the phone again.

All is well again... so far. :)

Can't play it either on my iPad (3), really annoying since I enjoyed it a lot and was finally able to sort out all needs in Vault 114...

Interfectum

It's like a bunch of kids whining and stomping their feet. Some people even threatened that this outrage could effect their Fallout 4 purchase... lol

I'm not sure what you expect when they made it look like they were leaving 80%+ of their fans behind.

All they had to say to prevent this is:

"Available tonight on the AppStore, and launching on the Play Store in a few weeks time"

People, baby's appear after 3 hours of pregnancy. They stay kids for another 3 hours, thay cant do anything as kids, but count as people in the vault to unlock more rooms.

Had the same thing on my 4S as well. Game kept crapping out till I switched off/on the phone again.

All is well again... so far. :)

It does boot me out of the game most often than not, but no0w I can play 10 minutes intervals instead of 3.

Can't play it either on my iPad (3), really annoying since I enjoyed it a lot and was finally able to sort out all needs in Vault 114...

Wait, I thought Ipad 3 was good enough for this games. Is ipad 3 also that old?

Interfectum

I'm not sure what you expect when they made it look like they were leaving 80%+ of their fans behind.

All they had to say to prevent this is:

"Available tonight on the AppStore, and launching on the Play Store in a few weeks time"

Or maybe before flipping lids and cancelling Fallout 4 pre-orders, people could take a breath and see what the situation is. Crazy thought, I know.

wildfire

Banned

andy-dufresne-gif-i11.gif

I can't believe people are complaining that some form of timers exist in this game. It's like none of you, complaining about that, play videogames.

What you're concerned about is timers that can be gotten around with money, big difference.

Or maybe before flipping lids and cancelling Fallout 4 pre-orders, people could take a breath and see what the situation is. Crazy thought, I know.

I'm not vouching for everyone's behavior. Cancelling your pre-order for this is a bit extreme in my book, when it has no tie in to the proper game.

I'm saying that these sort of reactions should have been anticipated by Bethesda and they should have covered their bases, like they did with the Pip-Boy app. They made sure to say that it was going to be there, day one on both iOS and Android. If they had an Android version on deck for Fallout Shelter, they should have said so during the conference, even if it wasn't going to be out at the same time.

Got a pimp special dweller from my pack and he impregnated all five women in my vault.

9c with pimp gear on makes the ladies sway.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
andy-dufresne-gif-i11.gif

I can't believe people are complaining that some form of timers exist in this game. It's like none of you, complaining about that, play videogames.

What you're concerned about is timers that can be gotten around with money, big difference.

Considering one of the main talking points was that it wasn't the usual F2P garbage with timers, I can see why people are annoyed.

SinShep

Considering one of the main talking points was that it wasn't the usual F2P garbage with timers, I can see why people are annoyed.

Not had the chance to play it yet, but what features include waiting on timers? The only one I recall being said to be instant is building new areas.

Wait, I thought Ipad 3 was good enough for this games. Is ipad 3 also that old?
Well everything played somewhat smoothly until I closed it down after an hour or two. Since then I haven't been able to start it again, only comes to the please wait sign then it crashes. I'm not sure if it is because of the pad, might just be a bug or similar. The iPad 3 is a bit over 3 years old, but the processor is way better than the 2 and should be able to handle this
this.

Meier

damn I put all high agility people in the kitchen and they still don't want to cook! MAKE SOME FOOD.

I haven't encountered anyone actively not doing a job unless there is an event happening. From what I can tell, it seems like it doesn't speed up until the next time the counter starts over (after you've harvested whatever resource it is). This game could stand to offer more info in game.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Maybe I'm blind but I haven't found anywhere that says any progress on here unlocks stuff in Fallout 4. So does the mobile games just exist for funsies?

Mooreberg

Seems like typical F2P fluff so far. It would be interesting if they did something where you could build a 2D vault in this and then see it recreated in 3D in Fallout 4. That AssCreed 4 app is still the only thing I have used that did anything useful in the real game.

Maldrien

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the same vault on an iPad and iPhone? Link the two devices? Like with Clash of Clans?

Flo_Evans

I haven't encountered anyone actively not doing a job unless there is an event happening. From what I can tell, it seems like it doesn't speed up until the next time the counter starts over (after you've harvested whatever resource it is). This game could stand to offer more info in game.

I got 3 kitchens merged they seem to be doing better.

is 3 the max?

PureYeti

I just had a raider raid in few hours of playing, 2 males and 1 female. Luckily no one died because no one had weapons. Only manage to beat up 1 female then later it was just running around the rooms. In the end they just retreated. Should I be worry about my dweller exploring in the wasteland? Log says someone is following her.

This might have been asked, but can I get rid of the people outside my vault? They all have crap SPECIAL and I don't want them, but I can't see any way to send them away.

I think the pregnant ladies in my vault are bugged. The most recent one to become pregnant already gave birth, but the ones that came before are still chilling in the diner after an entire day. Lol

KiDdYoNe

I think the pregnant ladies in my vault are bugged. The most recent one to become pregnant already gave birth, but the ones that came before are still chilling in the diner after an entire day. Lol

Yeah, it happens sometimes. Fixes itselves, don't really know how and when.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So,

do rads affect happiness or something? My overall happiness in the vault dropped from 98 to like 9. I am thinking of starting over.

I can't seem to get the extinguished fire achievement either. Despite extinguishing many a fire.

CTLance

The crashes finally wore me down. I just uninstalled the game.

I mean, it's plenty fun and while it's clearly P2W it's not being obnoxious about it. No complaint there, fleece those sheep as much as you want if it means I get to play a game for free (insert evil laugh track here). And it's a fun game, no doubt. Only the technical side is pretty damn embarrassing.

I just can't stand the constant crashes anymore, they exacerbate the loading times - and then there's the most important grievance: bugs.

I've had roaches clear out half of my base because one apparently became nearly invincible. I've had raiders attack and devastate my base while the app was closed. I've had pregnant women stay pregnant for extended amounts of time despite there being enough slots for new dwellers. I've had one kid stay a kid for well over six hours. I've had one Dweller vanish completely. Dwellers that refused to go where I dragged them and that got stuck between the lift and a room. Fires that would not go out. There is just no end.

Finally, the crashes cause some of your actions to roll back, so you're basically constantly repeating the same actions if a part is particularly crashy (e.g. several childbirths and other events at the same time). That gets old very quickly.

Plus, let's be honest here, the tutorial sucks and mentions at best half of what's important. The way you set up your base when you're following the tutorial means you basically have to scrap and rebuild some rooms at a later date.

I'd probably still be torturing my poor Dwellers if it weren't for the Bethesda levels of polish. It's a fun game, and free to boot. However, I'd probably implode in a tiny ball of rage if I "played" any more of this. This is not good for my stress levels.

Samyy

The crashes finally wore me down. I just uninstalled the game.

I mean, it's plenty fun and while it's clearly P2W it's not being obnoxious about it. No complaint there, fleece those sheep as much as you want if it means I get to play a game for free (insert evil laugh track here). And it's a fun game, no doubt. Only the technical side is pretty damn embarrassing.

I just can't stand the constant crashes anymore, they exacerbate the loading times - and then there's the most important grievance: bugs.

I've had roaches clear out half of my base because one apparently became nearly invincible. I've had raiders attack and devastate my base while the app was closed. I've had pregnant women stay pregnant for extended amounts of time despite there being enough slots for new dwellers. I've had one kid stay a kid for well over six hours. I've had one Dweller vanish completely. Dwellers that refused to go where I dragged them and that got stuck between the lift and a room. Fires that would not go out. There is just no end.

Finally, the crashes cause some of your actions to roll back, so you're basically constantly repeating the same actions if a part is particularly crashy (e.g. several childbirths and other events at the same time). That gets old very quickly.

Plus, let's be honest here, the tutorial sucks and mentions at best half of what's important. The way you set up your base when you're following the tutorial means you basically have to scrap and rebuild some rooms at a later date.

I'd probably still be torturing my poor Dwellers if it weren't for the Bethesda levels of polish. It's a fun game, and free to boot. However, I'd probably implode in a tiny ball of rage if I "played" any more of this. This is not good for my stress levels.

Wow, I haven't had any issues yet -fingers crossed-, thank sucks man :(

Top Bottom