• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - 5/8

Pachael

Acosta said:
Maybe the new Yakuza it´s a new story with a more global appeal. Kiryu going to USA to see his cousing thinking he can find the american dream, only to find that he can't escape from his past.

Wait...

SHOTEK FOCK UP ;p

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is Katamari retail or download?

And is there any reason at all to give it any attention, or is it yet another whoring of the franchise?

DECK'ARD said:
Is Katamari retail or download?

And is there any reason at all to give it any attention, or is it yet another whoring of the franchise?

Retail, but seems like a great new iteration with some new ideas and a really great new set of visual styles to choose from:

13z670y.jpg

a2dudd.jpg

2m43trk.jpg

So basically not a cheap cash-grab like the X360 iteration, but a genuine 3rd entry into the series.

SecretBonusPoint said:
So basically not a cheap cash-grab like the X360 iteration, but a genuine 3rd entry into the series.
Every sequel to the original Katamari Damacy is a cheap cash-grab. Especially since Keita Takahashi's gone :p

Acosta said:
Maybe the new Yakuza it´s a new story with a more global appeal. Kiryu going to USA to see his cousing thinking he can find the american dream, only to find that he can't escape from his past.

Wait...

Yakuza: Takeshi Kitano Edition

AWESOME

schild

Quixzlizx said:
Maybe Gust and NIS can cancel out Idea Factory's suck, because Trinity Universe looks rather nice.

I wish.

Yakuza: Takeshi Kitano Edition

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

But only if Kitano gets to give direct input and the devs have to listen.

schild said:
I wish.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

But only if Kitano gets to give direct input and the devs have to listen.

And only if Beat Takeshi plays the main character, the old mentor, the funny sidekick and the romantic interest.

Takuhi said:
Elizabeth and Mature are the new characters in the KoFXII home versions.

I guess that's sort of exciting.

No Vice? Damn that's stupid. The more I hear about KoF XII the more I hate it.
Thank god Kof 98 UM and ESPECIALLY KoF 2002 UM are XBLA-bound. I'll have Whip, K', Angel, and all of the other characters that should have made it into XII.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Mockingbird said:
KoFXII is a non-canon dream match so it doesn't matter.

Ah, dream match. I thought it was a continuation.

Dream matches are the best in the KoF series. 98, 2003... and hopefully this.

Durante

I'm interested in Trinity, but I fear that IF is going to do the actual development, not Gust or N1. I'll still buy it if it comes over of course (3D Etna zomg etc.).

I love all these HD game announcement by small japanese developers just a few months after the predictions that this is exactly what won't happen anymore.

Spiegel

Durante said:
I love all these HD game announcement by small japanese developers just a few months after the predictions that this is exactly what won't happen anymore.

Poor schuelma : |

Lain

That NIS/Gust/IF RPG seems to look nice. Now to hope it will be also nice to play.
I like that it has demon Flonne and not annoying angel Flonne.

Nagoshi told the magazine that he couldn't say too much about the title, but he did provide a few solid bits. The new Yakuza game will take place in modern times, different from the first PS3 entry, Yakuza Kenzan, which took the series to the Edo period. The game is being developed for the PS3.

Now for the vague stuff. Nagoshi hinted to the magazine that the new title will offer some new elements. He said he'd like to offer a new game style. There's plenty of room for additions to the modern setting, it seems. Noting that players have, until now, been able to enter stores on the ground floor of buildings in the game's Kamiyacho red light district, Nagoshi said that he'd like to provide a more 3D experience. Read that as you may, but perhaps players will be able to climb the heights of the game's buildings?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/980/980590p1.html

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Spiegel said:
Poor schuelma : |

Huh?

I don't believe I ever said that. In fact, I believe I said last year that there was a chance that Wii could grow increasingly unattractive to 3rd parties and that PS3 could remain viable. I think Kohler mocked me when I said that.

I think for niche console games with reasonable budgets, PS3/360 is probably a better option than Wii at this point.

Spiegel

schuelma said:
Huh?

I don't believe I ever said that. In fact, I believe I said last year that there was a chance that Wii could grow increasingly unattractive to 3rd parties and that PS3 could remain viable. I think Kohler mocked me when I said that.

I think for niche console games with reasonable budgets, PS3/360 is probably a better option than Wii at this point.

Well, in some of your recent posts it seemed like you were expecting some kind of shift after seeing that the schedule for HD consoles was barren.

My mistake :p

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Spiegel said:
Well, in some of your posts it seemed like you were expecting some kind of shift after seeing that the schedule for the HD consoles was barren.

My mistake :p

I think all I said was that I was very interested to see what announcements we did see since the HD schedule was so barren- and I think I said it would probably be somewhere in the middle in terms of support and that there wasn't going to be a total shift to Wii.

Hunahan

Banned
Takuhi said:
Elizabeth and Mature are the new characters in the KoFXII home versions.

I guess that's sort of exciting.
wait...what?

They honestly went with Elizabeth over Mai/Yuri/Mary etc?

weird.

....was XI a lot more popular than I thought it was or something?

yankee666

My sumer vacation 4, YEah!!!! i really enjoyed the 3rd on the PS3 was one of the first games i bought for the console.
"New Ryu ga Gotoku game in development". this could only mean Ryu ga Gotoku future :D , i mean we have (well at least in japan) past, present and now.....

BTW, its been a while since a new Wii game is announced on the mag, i remember last year every week was a new Wii game. disturbing

lupinko

The new Yakuza game will take place in modern times

Okay, so?

All three mainline games take place in modern times, RGG3 iirc takes place this year of 2009. How will this one taking place in "modern times" be any different? :lol :D

Nif

Hunahan said:
wait...what?

They honestly went with Elizabeth over Mai/Yuri/Mary etc?

weird.

....was XI a lot more popular than I thought it was or something?

Saving some of the popular characters for DLC?

lupinko said:
Okay, so?

All three mainline games take place in modern times, RGG3 iirc takes place this year of 2009. How will this one taking place in "modern times" be any different? :lol :D

My guess is that it's no longer going to take place in Japan.

lupinko said:
Okay, so?

It means for certain it won't take place in say, feudal Japan

EXGN

lupinko said:
Okay, so?

Nagoshi was just clarifying that, even though the new RGG is a prequel, it won't be a Kenzan 2(which took place hundreds of years ago).

Kirashi said:
not enough talk about trinity universe =(

It looks awesome. There will probably be more talk about it later when Famitsu updates their site with pictures. Hopefully the official TU site will have a trailer ready also.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SolidSnakex said:
Nagoshi said that he wanted to make a game that had a worldwide appeal. Sega's Corporate Director also said he wanted Nagoshi to think along those lines. So, given that Nagoshi is hinting at a departure for the series, i'm thinking that it's going to have something to do with that shift in appeal.

well true , SEGA want to be bigger and better in the west , they publish many western games these days including Movie's game and FPS , and they hired many western devs for western games too .

but I don't think they will sacrificed the Japan market and their biggest HD IP in Japan just for you guys with blue eyes , it will be just stupid to fuck up their chance to sell HD games in japan when they finally did that with VC and RGG .

Nagoshi is not one game person in 4 years like Ueda or Kazunori Yamauchi he can on multi projects at once , he always does that .

...and yeah if there is game that made for the NA market from Amusement Vision , it will not be only for PS3 , for obvious reasons .

yankee666 said:
My sumer vacation 4, YEah!!!! i really enjoyed the 3rd on the PS3 was one of the first games i bought for the console.

it's funny , Boku no Natsuyasumi is the perfect game for Japanese gamer with PSP , yet SCE Japan studio just realized this .

Acosta

Kiryu goes to Hong-Kong and find a young man called Ryo Hazuki looking for sailors. Together they explore the streets of Hong-Kong searching for an assassin, fighting the triads and learning new martial arts movements. Along the way, Kiryu will teach Ryo about women, whiskey and life in general.

Where I have to sign for this?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Acosta said:
Kiryu goes to Hong-Kong and find a young man called Ryo Hazuki looking for sailors. Together they explore the streets of Hong-Kong searching for an assassin, fighting the triads and learning new martial arts movements. Along the way, Kiryu will teach Ryo about women, whiskey and life in general.

Where I have to sign for this?

funny shit that both Ryo and Kazuma are almost in the same age .

gabe90

SecretBonusPoint said:
Retail, but seems like a great new iteration with some new ideas and a really great new set of visual styles to choose from:

Idk, it looks AMAZING mind you, but the videos I've seen of this game make me think it's the exact same game as the 360 version, just with different visual skins.

Again, the skins are awesome, and I really liked Beautiful Katamari, but let's keep it in perspective.

Emotions

-Final Fantasy Legends II DS scans are up.
-Arc Rise Fantasia scans showing some Luminous Arc outfits the main characters can wear or they make a cameo (i'm not sure)...
-Hitoshi DS Discover World Wonder .
- Magna Carta 2 scans too.

Top Bottom