• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #928 scans

neo2046

some Chinese Famitsu scans from a Taiwan forum

DQM_Joker
Puyopuyo_15th
Sonic & Secret_Ring

Gyakuten Saiban 4
Seiken Densetsu HoM
Fushigi no Dungeon Siren DS

The new protagonist in GS4 sure looks a lot like Fei from Xenogears.

edit: HoM looks pretty nice and I like the big piece of art in the first scan.

meppi

neo2046 said:

Wow the new Puyo Puyo looks great in those shots!
All those different play styles. Reminds me of Puyo Puyo 4 for the Dreamcast where the different worlds had various game rules.
Perhaps they will include the DC rules among others since it the 15th anniversary edition...

I thought the original DS Puyo was a bit basic in that regard and I haven't been able to check out the 2nd one.
But this is an instant purchace for me.

Emiru

Banned
Deku said:
If Lost Odessey is good I might be owning a 360 very soon. Looks fantastic.

Im more interested in Blue Dragon, than Lost Odyssey, Trusty Bell and Tri-Ace's new game seems interesting.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Necro Nesia reminds me a lot of the Dreamcast game Carrier for some reason.

I kinda liked that game though, back in the day.

Captain N

Necro-Nessia - whats the story for this game? I'm sure most people don't care, but I do.

Also..Sonic looks wicked sweet!

Soul4ger

Holy shit, Shiren DS. I need this game. DS just keeps rolling along, and gaining speed all the while. Phoenix Wright, Heroes of Mana. :O :O :O :O

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
A new Mana game for the DS? Ok, I'll admit I didn't see this one coming. Do we know any details yet?

ethelred

Mejilan said:
A new Mana game for the DS? Ok, I'll admit I didn't see this one coming. Do we know any details yet?

Yes. It's a real-time strategy RPG with sprites and FFT-style 3D backgrounds. Ishii is producing, Kato's doing scenario. Yoko Shimomura's doing music and Brownie Brown is handling the development. Check out the scans. Also be sure to check out FFXII: Revenant Wings and It's a Wonderful World.

Mejilan

ethelred said:
Yes. It's a real-time strategy RPG with sprites and FFT-style 3D backgrounds. Ishii is producing, Kato's doing scenario. Yoko Shimomura's doing music and Brownie Brown is handling the development. Check out the scans. Also be sure to check out FFXII: Revenant Wings and It's a Wonderful World.

Ooooh, strange! What an exciting development. Thank you for the update!

WTF is FFXII RW and It's a Wonderful World? The former sounds like a spinoff, the latter a song...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mejilan said:

WTF is FFXII RW and It's a Wonderful World? The former sounds like a spinoff, the latter a song...
It's a WW is a new action RPG from Nomura and the KH team. They game takes place in modern Japan and supposedly what happens on one screen affects the other. We don't know what FFXII:RW is yet, just that it is a sequel of sorts. I'm hoping for a new FFT like game. :D

*ignores ethelred who is bound to come and say he hopes it's like the "traditional" FFXII*

ethelred

Mejilan said:

For Wonderful World, you really need to check out the scans. The game is so stylish... like a manga-infued action RPG from the KH team, taking place in modern-day Japan.

FFXII: RW isn't a spinoff; it's a direct sequel starring Vaan and Penelo after the game's story is over.

jj984jj said:
It's a WW is a new action RPG from Nomura and the KH team. They game takes place in modern Japan and supposedly what happens on one screen affects the other. We don't know what FFXII:RW is yet, just that it is a sequel of sorts. I'm hoping for a new FFT like game. :D

*ignores ethelred who is bound to come and say he hopes it's like the "traditional" FFXII*

:lol

As I said before, if it turns out to be an FFT-like game, I'll be more than delighted. FFT is probably my favorite Final Fantasy overall.

Mejilan

RW and IaWW are both DS games as well??

3 new SE games for the DS announced all of a sudden? Not including that Chocobo game that looks to recycle the FF3 engine...

Damn.

Anything new for the PSP? Any updates on FF7 CC at least?

ethelred

Mejilan said:
RW and IaWW are both DS games as well??

3 new SE games for the DS announced all of a sudden? Not including that Chocobo game that looks to recycle the FF3 engine...

Damn.

Anything new for the PSP? Any updates on FF7 CC at least?

Yeah, all three are for the DS. The only other new game they announced was Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix, which seems to contain a Chain of Memories card battle system in KH2's graphics.

Mejilan

Final Mix would be awesome, but we aren't getting it, I'm sure. Pity. We haven't ever gotten a Final Mix or International Edition or whatnot, from SE. I think we lucked out with a Director's Cut of Star Ocean 3, but that's about it.

The scans I should be looking for. Somewhere in this thread?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mejilan said:
Final Mix would be awesome, but we aren't getting it, I'm sure. Pity. We haven't ever gotten a Final Mix or International Edition or whatnot, from SE. I think we lucked out with a Director's Cut of Star Ocean 3, but that's about it.

The scans I should be looking for. Somewhere in this thread?
Only Heroes of Mana is in this thread. IWW and FFXII:RW were revealed in Jump:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119068

Pellham

Banned
nice, looks like Puyo Puyo 15th anniversary brings back many of the classic Puyo characters that they got rid of when Sonic Team took over.

Top Bottom