• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #928 scans

Amir0x

Banned
Ranger X said:
The hell is this?
First shot looks like the dinning room of Resident Evil the first. Second screen could be when we break the statue....

Remake of Resident Evil remake confirmed?

lightguning through missions from various old RE games. *snore*

castle007

Banned
Ranger X said:
The hell is this?
First shot looks like the dinning room of Resident Evil the first. Second screen could be when we break the statue....

the second screen is when we break a door. Instead of opening doors we can just destroy them.

Lost Odyssey looks awesome.

lo1.jpg

Jonnyram

citrus lump said:
Any other Wii pics would be appreciated.
I think you're gonna see a lot of official screenshots in a few hours or so, so there's not much point in scanning them, honestly. The main feature is Necronesia, which looks ok. Then there's a lot of Hudson games which look novel and cool. After that there's a lot of crappy looking games by cheapo devs trying to cash in. Dog Island :lol

I'll try and scan some other stuff over my lunchbreak, if I can get the hosting issue sorted. KUF looks nice.

Ranger X said:
The hell is this?

Yes first pic is the dining room. Second pic is the door to the blue room, the one with the statue that holds the map.

This is a game that spans all RE games.

ELS-01X

Banned
Ranger X said:
The hell is this?

Yeah, I'd like to know more about this game too.

Sallokin

HoM really took me by surprise. I'm actually really into the style of it. It's nice to finally have all the LO scans reveal themselves as well.

Amir0x said:
lightguning through missions from various old RE games. *snore*

No, RE4 gameplay, the only difference is when you aim you do it with the wiimote.

Again people, there is no difference at all between the controls of Dead Aim and RE4, only in RE4 you stay 3rd person when you aim (and QTE events which this game claims to have)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Necro Nesia looks nice? It looked awful at E3.

Can we get like, one scan of it that looks 'nice'? Im curious.

So if the REWii game is a jaunt through all the previous games, what character was in all of them?

Might we play as Wesker, trying to kill all the other characters.

castle007

Banned
citrus lump said:
So if the REWii game is a jaunt through all the previous games, what character was in all of them?

Might we play as Wesker, trying to kill all the other characters.

It has all of the characters.

ELS-01X said:
So areas from RE2 are gonna be remaked? Sign me in!

Thats what the translators are saying. So yes RE2, RE3, RECV, all the characters return. But it might be a scenario type game, something like Outbreak where you play a level.

Amir0x

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
No, RE4 gameplay, the only difference is when you aim you do it with the wiimote.

Again people, there is no difference at all between the controls of Dead Aim and RE4, only in RE4 you stay 3rd person when you aim (and QTE events which this game claims to have)

like i said, snore

Sir Speedy said:
Bepbo is right, there are obviously no HDR or particle effects in the game. In fact I think that self shadowing is just chochlate sauce spilled on the pages.

61314_LostOdyssey_122_567lo.jpg

no particle effects? look whats happening when the bird is flapping its wings

ELS-01X

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Thats what the translators are saying. So yes RE2, RE3, RECV, all the characters return. But it might be a scenario type game, something like Outbreak where you play a level.
they said the police station will be in it
Wooooo yes!

MrMeltdown said:

That looks pretty average.

Emiru

Banned
SEBA said:
116785455woBOJz_ph.jpg

Oh no you didn't!

yes I did:)

There is no way FF12 is real-time, for 2 main reasons, 1. the camera, 2. FF games are made for the japanese market, then ported over to the US. The FF VIDEO from E3 had english text.

Bebpo

Banned
MrMeltdown said:

That was called sarcasm, but whatever forget it. Let's talk about RE Wii and all the other stuff in the thread.

I've had it pounded over and over into my head that at GAF you're not allowed to state your opinion unless it's the majority opinion, but for some reason I keep forgetting it and typing my personal thoughts on games.

SailorDavison is about the only person who actually gave a non-GAF reply and I agree that he's probably right and it just comes down to personal taste.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
.... I dunno gaf! does LO looks good? I cant tell anymore what looks good and what doesnt.

Emiru said:
yes I did:)

There is no way FF12 is real-time, for 2 main reasons, 1. the camera, 2. FF games are made for the japanese market, then ported over to the US. The FF VIDEO from E3 had english text.
Did you read the interview where SE said that they are going for Advent Children style fight scenes? You can easily tell that the battle scene and the forest part are real time. Compare them to the part where she jumps on the train at the end. There is a big difference.

The only part that really confuses me is the part where she is fighting in the train.

As for the english text. I'd say it was something made quickly put together to show. The trailer is about the same quality as the FF7 tech demo.

As for LO. It looks wonderful and I have loved the artstlye since I saw the CG shots for the game. It looks really unique if you ask me. The graphics look awesome.

ethelred

Heroes of Mana and Lost Odyssey both look phenomenal. I actually like the desolate nature of LO's environments... lends a lot of character and style to everything. And I'm delighted they went 2D with HoM -- really nice artwork, really great sprites. And there aren't enough real-time strategy RPGs, so one more should be sweet to have.

Any scans of Atelier Lise, Johnny?

Top Bottom